Alain Matiabo

Optimistic Nut

Guest chicken little

Bigirimana's little brother apparently. Random as f***, how the hell's he in Canada. :lol:

refugees innit, not inconceivable that a family could end up spread out all over the shop, no?

• 7 months later...
Guest pont-toon

Signing up on Wednesday according to the quebec express. Good luck fella.

Online article in french - cant post the link on my phone

The next Nile Ranger. In 6 months he'll be beating woman, tweeting about Nando's and running head first into solid glass.

Supposed to sign in June, rolls up in November.

Ronaldo spot on with the Ranger comparison :lol:

Guest bimpy474

http://www.lequebecexpress.com/Sports/2013-11-18/article-3485841/Soccer-%3A-Alain-Matiabo-senvole-pour-Newcastle/1

Alain Matiabo is about to realize his dream: to grow with a professional soccer team. The youngest player in Quebec Centre will fly Wednesday, November 20 for England, Newcastle specifically. He will play in the reserve team with the hope of being noticed quickly to join the ranks of the first team.

It is still under the effect of the excitation due to the announcement of his imminent departure Matiabo Alain, 18, tells his dream come true. "I just got my Canadian passport, I fly Wednesday," he says from the outset

"This is a great day, it's been that I expect it," he says.

Indeed, the administrative document, he waited for months. For two years now, he had a contract with Coventry City in England but in the absence of proof of Canadian citizenship, he could not leave. Today, with citizenship in hand, it is expected that Newcastle United where he will find his brother. Together, they will play in the same team. "I always wanted to play in England because in Africa, the only games that were listened to those of the French league and the league of England. For me, the English league is the best in the world. My brother plays for Newcastle United, and there we will find ourselves on the ground. This is something rare to play with his big brother, "he says.

The prodigy ball happened in 2009 in Quebec with his family, started playing in the Congo, in his home country. "My father led a team of soccer since I was little, I brought the balloons. This is how my passion for the sport was born. When I was young, I often said to my father that one day he would see me on TV, "he says.

Further

In England, the young right-winger midfielder can be measured more skilled players. To stand out from other players, Alain Matiabo relies on his speed on the field.

And now, the soccer player with vision. "I always wanted to play for an English team. Newcastle are a good team but I always aim higher. And one day I hope to play for a big club like Arsenal, "he said.

Guest bimpy474

Just saying we're being mugged off by some Canadian teenager.

Yeah it's not a great attitude but realistically expect most players we sign to be harbouring the same ambitions. The reality of the Ashley era NUFC.

Well i think it's a good attitude to have, to want to better yourself. It's annoying it's us being used/described as the platform for it, but nowt wrong with the sentiment.