NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

Surely the side benefiting from his free advertising/no interest argument is determined by the difference between the interest he could be charging us & the revenue we could be getting through the advertising.

That's a fair comment but my problem isn't with the specific numbers - I just think it's cheeky (or "deliberately misleading") to call it interest-free when, really, it isn't, depending on your definition of interest. The stadium has been used as collateral; resulting in it being defaced and made a mockery of, seemingly as an indirect result of Ashley's loan. Then comes the lost revenue side of things (~£5m a year), and how his company has benefited from getting this exposure for nowt.

It just seems that all of Ashley's motivations are enveloped in a attitude of cuntery towards something I care so dearly about.

Oh yeah the gratitude angle? Be thankful that im not charging my own club interest? Its yours man. You should want it to be the best it could be.

What if he did charge interest anyway? He has to keep us in this league to maintain his assets value, so he'd have to put some more money in himself rather than us create it & (so kindly) not lose it through interest as we are atm. Its the same.

Surely the side benefiting from his free advertising/no interest argument is determined by the difference between the interest he could be charging us & the revenue we could be getting through the advertising.

That's a fair comment but my problem isn't with the specific numbers - I just think it's cheeky (or "deliberately misleading") to call it interest-free when, really, it isn't, depending on your definition of interest. The stadium has been used as collateral; resulting in it being defaced and made a mockery of, seemingly as an indirect result of Ashley's loan. Then comes the lost revenue side of things (~£5m a year), and how his company has benefited from getting this exposure for nowt.

It just seems that all of Ashley's motivations are enveloped in a attitude of cuntery towards something I care so dearly about.

They should have been more honest about the advertising. Financially, the cost of the advertising and the loss of interest probably do balance out, but they should have been open about it from the start.

Like I say - my main gripe here is how they perpetuate total bullshit. Before we even get to the way the stadium has turned into a SD stickerbook.

I'm grateful for having a club that exists without the threat of liquidation. But, regarding the £129m, I feel the collateral damage has been over-the-top. His 'interest-free' loan has been at the expense of the stadium's appearance/name; it's indirectly influenced the stringent and narrow transfer policy; it's influenced the choice of manager; it seems that it's influenced everything. If this £129m is at the forefront of Ashley's mind, it's been at the expense of the club's progression - regardless of wherever it was going under Shepherd.

All the while, spinning stories about how grateful we should be and coming across thoroughly patronising at the same time. It gets under my skin something rotten.

This is it. At every opportunity in recent years to improve the squad where it drastically needed it, we refused if the deal wasn't right. You can't live on that,  sometimes you have to pay a bit more than a player is worth to get the right player in as no club wants to let it's best players leave.

On top of some first team names wanting out, we have a ton of shit fringe players that need shipping out and replacing. I just can't suddenly see a movement of 10 players in and 10 out in the summer given the 0 signed in the last two windows.

You're kidding, right? Those "shit fringe players" are about to become key, purple players...

This is it. At every opportunity in recent years to improve the squad where it drastically needed it, we refused if the deal wasn't right. You can't live on that,  sometimes you have to pay a bit more than a player is worth to get the right player in as no club wants to let it's best players leave.

On top of some first team names wanting out, we have a ton of shit fringe players that need shipping out and replacing. I just can't suddenly see a movement of 10 players in and 10 out in the summer given the 0 signed in the last two windows.

You're kidding, right? Those "shit fringe players" are about to become key, purple players...

:lol:

It's scary. Gosling and Obertan super-stars. Looking forward to Jonas returning in the summer, it will be like a new signing.

There is no justification whatsoever for Ashely taking free advertising from us. Zero

I think it's what justified his purchase in the first place.  He would have been aware of the cost to buy that amount of advertising. The nonsense about wanting us for a bit of fun he was willing to spend on is bollocks

There is no justification whatsoever for Ashely taking free advertising from us. Zero

I think it's what justified his purchase in the first place.  He would have been aware of the cost to buy that amount of advertising. The nonsense about wanting us for a bit of fun he was willing to spend on is bollocks

but.. but.. he was going to put in £20m a year...

I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back.

I'll be surprised if we spend more than £19m on transfer fees.

Yeah, yeah but remember that includes agent fees, signing on fees, wages for the length of contract, lunch and travel expenses, second class postage, pens, paper clips, headed paper, official stamp etc etc.

So only leaves about £2m for the transfer fees themselves.

Guest bimpy474

I'll be surprised if we spend more than £19m on transfer fees.

Yeah, yeah but remember that includes agent fees, signing on fees, wages for the length of contract, lunch and travel expenses, second class postage, pens, paper clips, headed paper, official stamp etc etc.

So only leaves about £2m for the transfer fees themselves.

They always say that shit about how they factor in wages in the total price, if that's the case why hasn't the remaining wages of Cabaye's contract not been added to our transfer war chest ?.

Lying cunts.

How do we know it hasn't?

You really think they would do that ? After all the lies, all the deception. Really ?

:dontknow:

You asked why Cabaye's wages hadn't been factored into this summer's transfer budget in a thread concerning the accounts up to June 2013.

How could anybody know if they had been or not?

Probably been discussed, but how much do you think we'll have to spend just to be this bad next year?

As it stands we're possibly losing Ameobi, de Jong, Remy and Gosling. Ben Arfa, Obertan and Marveaux appear to be out of favour, Cisse could well be on his way unless he turns things around and bar the left backs/Sammy there are no prospects coming through.

Dread to think.

Probably been discussed, but how much do you think we'll have to spend just to be this bad next year?

As it stands we're possibly losing Ameobi, de Jong, Remy and Gosling. Ben Arfa, Obertan and Marveaux appear to be out of favour, Cisse could well be on his way unless he turns things around and bar the left backs/Sammy there are no prospects coming through.

Dread to think.

:lol: Can't wait to remember this season as the good old days.

About £2m since most of our signings will probably be end of contract deals.

Are we going to find someone as consistent as Remy on a free?

Think Disco has posted a few lists of potential frees as the months have rolled on and it's comparatively slim pickings all-round compared to usual.

Think Disco has posted a few lists of potential frees as the months have rolled on and it's comparatively slim pickings all-round compared to usual.

Decent 2014 enders were pretty few and far between (Gomis) being the main one in comparison to 2013.

We'll roll on to 2015 finishers in the summer I reckon. Probably hoy a new list up when I'm bored in the not too distant future.