NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

I dunno. The value of the advertising is still a fraction of the loan. I know what you mean though, it's a dodgy justification for free advertising. They should just say he's taking it as a benefit of owning us, which is normal-ish when someone owns two related businesses.

It may be a fraction of the loan but that is not the point, would it be a fraction of the interest?

I dunno. The value of the advertising is still a fraction of the loan. I know what you mean though, it's a dodgy justification for free advertising. They should just say he's taking it as a benefit of owning us, which is normal-ish when someone owns two related businesses.

It may be a fraction of the loan but that is not the point, would it be a fraction of the interest?

Fair point, I don't know how it would compare to commercial interest costs, hard to say.

we were paying the bank 6m a year interest before ashley (- by memory alone mind you).  that was on less than the current loan to ashley.  we couldnt borrow 100m for 6pc, so quite possibly more than that would be payable on a commercial loan.

Newcastle United PLC Annual Report 2004:

Group turnover £90.2m (2003: £96.4m)

http://www.nufc.co.uk/staticFiles/68/4/0,,10278~1128,00.pdf

Newcastle United 2012/13 Financial Figures

The Club's turnover rose to £95.9million - up from £93.3million

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140225/newcastle-united-201213-financial-figures_2281670_3686538

Practically no increase in turnover despite money being poured into the game by television and other clubs doubling or even quadrupling their turnover in the same period. The way Shepherd and Ashley have run the club over the last decade has been shocking.

If he took out the disgusting Sports direct lettering next to the Newcastle United sign out I think I may be willing to consider it fair that he's using the advertising space as interest on his loan.

I'm not opposed to the idea of him using the space for his benefit per se, it's just the way that he's done it with complete disregard towards the aesthetics and tradition of the stadium.

If he took out the disgusting Sports direct lettering next to the Newcastle United sign out I think I may be willing to consider it fair that he's using the advertising space as interest on his loan.

I'm not opposed to the idea of him using the space for his benefit per se, it's just the way that he's done it with complete disregard towards the aesthetics and tradition of the stadium.

Word. Actually I think if it was just a better brand people would have a much smaller problem with what he's done here. Definitely for me, the tackiness is much worse than the financial aspect.

Hardly a surprise, I just hope Ashley is closer to making whatever money he wants before he knows it's time to get out before it crashes again. The way in which things are being run will only lead to it crashing again at some point, because it's only ever stable on the pitch for patches across the years before we have to start over. The lack of incoming permanent transfers in the last two windows, but players still leaving, is the ball rolling on this one. The Cabaye sale and Sunderland bumming is the tipping point. Ashley will not allow many signings in the summer, only whatever he thinks is a gamble on the bare minimum to ensure we don't get relegated next year. He will also have some misguided belief that Pardew might be able to work any new players in to the squad from the summer to bring us within touching distance of the ceiling he's created for us, which is 8th spot, come end of season.

He's an utter cunt, miking the the fuck out of NUFC cow and he's managed to find a way to get a nice amount of milk while flinging shit at the fans hopes and dreams of us actually trying on the pitch to win something.

Surely Ashley doesn't think he can sit here another 5 years or more doing this? - He's been here nearly 7 years which has mostly been shite bar one season of finishing 5th. Surely he is closer to an exit more than ever before with the club being in healthier position to sell. His lack of investment and gambling on cheap/no signings will cause another implode if he keeps rolling the dice each year with us. Hopefully he knows it's a good time to duck out and sell up. With the league becoming more lucrative I'm hoping that's seen as a means to sell the club faster and not a reason to sit around milking for longer.

Word. Actually I think if it was just a better brand people would have a much smaller problem with what he's done here. Definitely for me, the tackiness is much worse than the financial aspect.

Please don't agree with me Ian people are going to hunt me down now

If we keep giving him free advertising space yet the debt doesn't do down its a win win for him.

It's akin to only ever paying the interest on a loan

But if the advertising is free, and the club still makes a profit, couldn't he also take debt repayments out? TBF, I genuinely don't understand the 'we need debt in the structure' comment.

If we keep giving him free advertising space yet the debt doesn't do down its a win win for him.

But if the advertising is free, and the club still makes a profit, couldn't he also take debt repayments out? TBF, I genuinely don't understand the 'we need debt in the structure' comment.

He could but then it'd be ran with by the media that he's doing it, currently it's not and he's doing a great job. Either way if the club is bought he gets the same amount.

my only clue is to keep the asking price around the £200m mark besides even if he took £10m out of the club a year its still the best part of 13 years before its paid back and we all know he's not going to write it off.

Makes for depressing reading, apart from the Ashley apologists. Just reaffirms that the club is being used to promote Sports Direct, at the expense of the club itself. And since this is successful for him, why would he look to sell as long as the TV cash keeps on coming, along with selling our best players?

He's got the fans by the bollocks and knows it too. :thdn:

but John Anderson says all is well and you are ungrateful..........

Stuff Anderson - what does he know..? Was a second rate, clumsy fullback, Championship level at best and I WASN'T grateful to see him in a B&W shirt either..!

Makes for depressing reading, apart from the Ashley apologists. Just reaffirms that the club is being used to promote Sports Direct, at the expense of the club itself. And since this is successful for him, why would he look to sell as long as the TV cash keeps on coming, along with selling our best players?

As long as they keep turning up then that is true...why would you want to be paying for this guy's free advertising at SJP and getting conned into the bargain..?

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/0ab3e042-13bb-11e0-814c-00144feabdc0.html

I don't see Ashley benefitting because he's not paying interest. However, if anyone else were to buy the club it could be mutually  beneficial if Ashley were to charge interest and the buyer were to have some debt built in, for tax avoidance.

my only clue is to keep the asking price around the £200m mark besides even if he took £10m out of the club a year its still the best part of 13 years before its paid back and we all know he's not going to write it off.

He's already benefitted from how many years of this free commercial space.

It's funny how when the boot is on the other foot and we want to leverage his sports direct assets we have to pay the market rate.

The man is a fucking leach

As long as they keep turning up then that is true...why would you want to be paying for this guy's free advertising at SJP and getting conned into the bargain..?

I actually liked Ando as a player. :p But yes, as long as supporters keep on getting season tickets, he's not gonna go anywhere.

We will probably have £40-50m in the bank in the Summer and that is the sort of figure that will be needed to replace Colo, Cabaye, Remy and possibly pay for De Jong. Not including other potential departures such as Ben Arfa either. Not going to happen though.

This is it. At every opportunity in recent years to improve the squad where it drastically needed it, we refused if the deal wasn't right. You can't live on that,  sometimes you have to pay a bit more than a player is worth to get the right player in as no club wants to let it's best players leave.

On top of some first team names wanting out, we have a ton of shit fringe players that need shipping out and replacing. I just can't suddenly see a movement of 10 players in and 10 out in the summer given the 0 signed in the last two windows.