NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

we paid 28.7m on transfers last year? how?

The report names Vurnon Anita, Mathieu Debuchy, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haïdara, Moussa Sissoko and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa all acquired in January 2013. A number of younger players also arrived at St. James' Park, including Gaël Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Kevin Mbabu.

Probably includes agents fees etc too.

We did sign Anita, Bigi, Amalfiltano, Sissoko, Haidara, Yanga, Gouffran and Debuchy in the dates mentioned to be fair. June 2012-13

Yeah, I think the problem with the accounts is how long it takes for them to come out after the events. I know with my business, I've nearly forgotten what happened that year by the time the accounts are produced.

If he's just gonna let profits sit in the bank and toss off over them without spending it, I'd rather he just took some of it and lowered the debt owed to him.

Ah but his supporters wouldn't be able to use the justification of him not spending a dime on those matchday advertising countered by not seeking interest on his loan though.

Steve Cole (SC): What is the saving that Sports Direct makes on advertising around the stadium?

The Club suggested that while it is always proactively looking to attract new commercial partners and to sell that advertising space, in the current climate it could not command a sum for that space anywhere close to the £129m invested into the club interest free by the owner.

Now we know why he doesn't take back any of that loan. :lol:

:lol: Wow.

The profit / debt repayments on next year's accounts will be mental, having seen 2 transfer windows with no transfer spend, numerous high earners shifted off the books and £20m+ brought in by player sales.

N-O tailgate for next year's accounts?

:lol: I can't wait to feast on boiled sausage and tinned beans.

The profit / debt repayments on next year's accounts will be mental, having seen 2 transfer windows with no transfer spend, numerous high earners shifted off the books and £20m+ brought in by player sales.

N-O tailgate for next year's accounts?

:lol: I can't wait to feast on boiled sausage and tinned beans.

They don't do tail gates over there but it is like the cup final for a lot of people on the board isn't it ?

Match day turnover (season tickets, gates, hospitality) increased significantly due to good season ticket renewals and extra UEFA Europa League games.

Media turnover (TV) was lower due to the 16th-place PL finish but was slightly offset by additional income received from advancing to the Quarter Final stage of the UEFA Europa League.

Hold on, I thought we were told that the Europa League wasn't worth it?

Match day turnover (season tickets, gates, hospitality) increased significantly due to good season ticket renewals and extra UEFA Europa League games.

Media turnover (TV) was lower due to the 16th-place PL finish but was slightly offset by additional income received from advancing to the Quarter Final stage of the UEFA Europa League.

I think the overall argument is that the benefit was offset by the lower PL position.

I think the overall argument is that the benefit was offset by the lower PL position.

yep. partly their own fault given at the start of the season the squad was nowhere near good enough to cope with the additional fixtures.

So it's worth being in the EL then. Cool.

First thing I thought, I'm almost to the point I just want him to take his money back so he can fuck all rather than doing absolutely fuck all but hold the club stagnantly hostage.

First thing I thought, I'm almost to the point I just want him to take his money back so he can f*** all rather than doing absolutely f*** all but hold the club stagnantly hostage.

I definitely want this.

We just need someone who has a lot of money, we could ask carlos slim,  he has tonnes of money.

Do we have any reason to believe he's only here until the debt is paid back?

Not at all, probably just wants to annoy as many people as possible because someone called him a fat prick at the match once.

I have absolutely no idea why we're stockpiling profit and not investing in anything (bar training ground). It's annoying me.

Do we have any reason to believe he's only here until the debt is paid back?

Not at all, probably just wants to annoy as many people as possible because someone called him a fat prick at the match once.

I have absolutely no idea why we're stockpiling profit and not investing in anything (bar training ground). It's annoying me.

Two words: war chest.

Sure I can remember "£33m" coming from Pardew or Llambias or someone, re last January. Shock horror it was £5m less than that over two transfer windows. :lol:

Dave said Llambias said £31m net in January :lol:

well when you put in the contracts for a billion years and how much was spent on drink while they were negotiating the deals last jan...........

The fact that he's getting that advertising free for space as a justification for the 'interest free' debt we owe him means he will not seek to get the money back until he sells the club. He's milking money out of the club through lost advertising yet not reducing the debt. I mean I wouldn't mind as much, but don't call it interest free you fucking obese pig.