Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

If there isn't a one size fits all tactic, why does Pardew insist in setting his team the same week in week out? :lol: I've got enough of this, I've made my point clear in why I criticize Pardew. For me it's obvious, but we obviously have two different views on how it should be played. If I ever see you criticizing the way Stoke, Norwich or anyone else plays I will re-direct you to this thread.

You didn't even watch the game, man. I pump close to a grand a year into the club, I'm buggered if I'm going to be talked down to someone who admits he does't watch the bloody matches.

I didn't even watch the game today, but to see Gosling and Perch subbing in for Perch and Gouffran says it all to me. Especially as Campbell and Marv stayed on the bench..

Why are you talking about it at length then?

Pet hate, this.

:lol:

Are you kidding me? Seriously, are you kidding me? Read again man, I'm not talking about this game, I'm talking about Pardew and this season. I am aware of it being in the City game thread but you could've written that to everyone else discussing Pardew then...:anguish:

If there isn't a one size fits all tactic, why does Pardew insist in setting his team the same week in week out? :lol: I've got enough of this, I've made my point clear in why I criticize Pardew. For me it's obvious, but we obviously have two different views on how it should be played. If I ever see you criticizing the way Stoke, Norwich or anyone else plays I will re-direct you to this thread.

You didn't even watch the game, man. I pump close to a grand a year into the club, I'm buggered if I'm going to be talked down to someone who admits he does't watch the bloody matches.

Read above, I wasn't discussing this game at any point was I?

As for watching the game, I didn't watch it because I'm on family vacation and was invited to go somewhere else, but still managed to keep updated through cellphone and 3G in another country which will cost me some money too just for some texts, but whatever because I didn't watch this game I guess you are more right than me.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can only imagine he means compact defending with strong pressing from the fullbacks and wingers to force attacks back into the centre and back. At a guess.

I heard that. What does it even mean? :lol:

I don't know and I can only guess the players are still trying to work it out.

Ask David Icke, he pumps over a grand a year into the club, probably got a Pardew dictionary as a gift from the club, he can probably look it up.

Shit stuff from us today, we had no intention of going for points here. We played well between 2-0 and 3-0 but it's game over by then.

Whilst this score didnt worry me, the Wigan score has me petrified....

We didn't squeeze the pitch enough, that's what we failed at today.  :lol:

I heard that. What does it even mean? :lol:

He's right we didn't and what it means is pressing to limit their space.... problem is he wouldn't have a clue at how to do this :lol:

Simpson can be excused IMO, he's poor and played as such. The distinct lack of effort from those better and in some cases internationals infront of him are the ones who should be feeling the wrath and scorn of the fans.

Guest neesy111

Simpson can be excused IMO, he's poor and played as such. The distinct lack of effort from those better and in some cases internationals infront of him are the ones who should be feeling the wrath and scorn of the fans.

Cabaye was shocking today tbh, but excused because he's a fans favourite.

Guest neesy111

Danny Simpson ladies and gentlemen.

Did ok today tbh.

wat

They were far worse players today tbh and it started with some fan favourites tbh.

I'm not generally someone who will slag him off regardless and said often that blaming him and Williamson for us not playing football before January was utterly laughable.

But I thought he was fucking atrocious against City, offensively shit.

Both of the fullbacks were absolutely awful.

Practically every attack came through them, as awful as Pardew set us up the biggest reason next to that was how awful both fullbacks were.

Hardly unpredictable though we all saw it coming.

A predictable result from a predictable manager - even allowing for the number of injuries we have.

The summary on ESPN of the game told the tale - defeat admitted before we even started, and the only aim of keeping a hint of respectability to the scoreline.Nobody expected a win at the Etihad but this was abject surrender.

We were lucky to get Nil - played off the park for most of the first half and the only surprise was that it took City over 40 mins to get on the scoresheet. One player up front for most of the half and he looks more disenchanted by the week. Unable to keep the ball for any length of time, it was inevitable that they would break us down.

Second half started with a token 5 minutes of resistance in which we could have scored with a nice move between Sissoko and Cabaye, but that soon ended when City scored again after 55 mins. They had the game won, knew it and eased off but still got a 4th easily enough.....

This is a disgrace to the thousands of fans who support the club and who deserve better, esp those who travelled to Manchester and probably paid over 150 pounds for travel, tickets etc...

At present, Pardew is doing in football terms what UK Govts have all been doing over the last 40 years - managing decline. NUFC is going to end up as a permanent also-ran, just above a relegation place(if we are lucky) every year from now on if he remains in charge - his record proves that he initially has a brief period of success then his teams fade away and that is happening even though we spent more than any other club in January.

He wasn't helped by the club's myopic decision in not strengthening the side last summer - but other managers at the bottom of the table have succeeded in getting their teams to do better since Christmas without the luxury of millions being spent on their sides...Villa and Southampton among them.

We now face a crucial game v Fulham at SJP next week - lose that, or even draw, and we are heading for trouble again, with tough games against Liverpool, Arsenal and the derby with the Mackems at SJP...none of these games look at all easy and bearing in mind the atrocious away record, points will be needed from them.

Clubs like Villa and Wigan will have had a huge lift from our bad run of results and redouble their efforts as a result - forget Benfica, the Fulham game is the one we need to win...desperately.

Good post

We now face a crucial game v Fulham at SJP next week

Jeez the last time I remember a crucial game v Fulham at SJP was that penultimate match of the relegation season. Most depressed i'd ever felt, hope this time is different.