Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

Wish we could just sit back and enjoy the 1/4 final but tbh, all the luster has gone from the tie for me because of the league position. I just hope we avoid further injuries and get players back for one of the biggest games this season for us at the weekend. The Sunderland home game is our cup final really, which is f***ing sickening really when we have the chance to progress to the semis of a European competition, so p*ssed off right now.

Wish we could just sit back and enjoy the 1/4 final but tbh, all the luster has gone from the tie for me because of the league position. I just hope we avoid further injuries and get players back for one of the biggest games this season for us at the weekend. The Sunderland home game is our cup final really, which is f***ing sickening really when we have the chance to progress to the semis of a European competition, so p*ssed off right now.

Force yourself to look at it this way. 4 wins and we're in a European Semi, we've won the derby and we're probably safe in the league. There is light at the end of my very misshapen tunnel :lol:

Force yourself to look at it this way. 4 wins and we're in a European Semi, we've won the derby and we're probably safe in the league. There is light at the end of my very misshapen tunnel :lol:

I'm just trying to remember that we never expected to beat Man City anyway. In the grand scheme that defeat hopefully shouldn't affect our chances of survival at all. Very nervous though.

Guest reefatoon

Odds on Shola up top and Cisse out wide?

http://cdn.avsforum.com/c/c1/c1b69ad8_KirkTantrum.gif

Would play :

Krul

Anita    Taylor        MYM            Santon

Sissoko          Cabaye

Jonas              Marveaux                Obertan

Cisse

Expect to see Simpson (:anguish:), Marv shifted out of position to accommodate an out of position Sissoko and Perch at DM.

Guest eagleye

Appoint a French referee for a match where one of the teams is composed by lots of Frenchs!  :whistle:

GO GO PLATINI!

Appoint a French referee for a match where one of the teams is composed by lots of Frenchs!  :whistle:

GO GO PLATINI!

Aye the bastard. The ref will hate us because we take anyone from France who's half decent, so he as to ref turboshit players week in week out. If we don't keep a clean sheet i'm blaming Platini.

Guest WashyGeordie

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 58m

#NUFC just landed in Lisbon for Thursday's clash against Benfica with Yoan Gouffran and Ryan Taylor included in the travelling party

Wat  :idiot2:

Nothing wat about that?

Apart from the inegible Gouffran flying out...

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 58m

#NUFC just landed in Lisbon for Thursday's clash against Benfica with Yoan Gouffran and Ryan Taylor included in the travelling party

Wat  :idiot2:

Nothing wat about that?

Apart from the inegible Gouffran flying out...

Still can't see what is wat with that.

How about a suspended player being on the plane?  :lol:

Good to see that he wants to join the squad even when he can't play. Can't see anything strange with that.

Fair enough, seems a bit weird though considering Pardew complains about injuries and all these games yet takes an inegible player for pretty much no reason what so ever.