Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

How about a suspended player being on the plane?  :lol:

Good to see that he wants to join the squad even when he can't play. Can't see anything strange with that.

Fair enough, seems a bit weird though considering Pardew complains about injuries and all these games yet takes an inegible player for pretty much no reason what so ever.

Giving him the chance to train with the rest of the squad is a pretty good reason tbf. Bit of sun will be nice too!

Guest ElCid

Looking at the squad that is going it's so weak its unreal - we really do have a lot of non Premiership players in reserve. Pardew again telling porkies about injuries i.e. Tiote ready for Thursday - does it all the time and just wish he would shut the f*** up about them. Either that or he is making Sunday's game the priority. Looking at that squad there is no doubt in my mind he will put everyone behind the ball and just hope! really need to clear the decks in the Summer but when you hear about Ameobi getting a new contract I have no confidence it will happen.

Looking at the squad that is going it's so weak its unreal - we really do have a lot of non Premiership players in reserve. Pardew again telling porkies about injuries i.e. Tiote ready for Thursday - does it all the time and just wish he would shut the f*** up about them. Either that or he is making Sunday's game the priority. Looking at that squad there is no doubt in my mind he will put everyone behind the ball and just hope! really need to clear the decks in the Summer but when you hear about Ameobi getting a new contract I have no confidence it will happen.

I know what you mean, but one thing we can't really complain about is recent recruitment.

Guest Geordiecunny

Hopefully:

Krul

Perch      Taylor    Yanga-Mbwia    Santon

Jonas  Cabaye  Sissoko  Anita  Marveaux

Cisse

My first European away trip, discounting a preseason friendly at Shamrock Rovers.

Newcastle United touched down in the Portuguese capital yesterday with a dual mission: To keep next week’s home leg against Benfica in the balance and to banish those dark Magpie memories of getting their wings clipped in Lisbon under Sir Bobby Robson.

Sir Bobby’s team were stronger contenders for the Uefa Cup that year but were unceremoniously dumped out of the competition by Sporting Lisbon before suffering the same fate at the hands of Manchester United in the FA Cup a few days later.

Source

:facepalm:

Newcastle United touched down in the Portuguese capital yesterday with a dual mission: To keep next week’s home leg against Benfica in the balance and to banish those dark Magpie memories of getting their wings clipped in Lisbon under Sir Bobby Robson.

Sir Bobby’s team were stronger contenders for the Uefa Cup that year but were unceremoniously dumped out of the competition by Sporting Lisbon before suffering the same fate at the hands of Manchester United in the FA Cup a few days later.

Source

:facepalm:

Fail

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Krul

Anita      Saylor          Mbiwa        Santon

Jonas            Cabaye

Cissé            Sissoko          Obertan

Shola

Krul

Anita      Saylor          Mbiwa        Santon

Jonas            Cabaye