Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

Will be a tough tie from both perspectives to be honest. But don't for one second think anything is done and dusted from Benfica's view man. Its business time in the cup, and honestly anything could happen in these 2 matches. Very much looking forward to it. :thup:

Will be a tough tie from both perspectives to be honest. But don't for one second think anything is done and dusted from Benfica's view man. Its business time in the cup, and honestly anything could happen in these 2 matches. Very much looking forward to it. :thup:

Agree.

The ridiculous that is our season can be summed up in beating Chelsea 3-2 at home and then losing to Wigan 2-1 away. I haven't a clue what kind of performance we'll put out but our recent cup performances have shown a pretty solid back-line and we've somehow scored the important goals to get this far.

Also, we haven't won shit for ages, hope you have 2 terrible legs and we nick 2 goals and get through man :lol:

Its been said before but for some reason this 2 legged stuff seems to suit Pardew down to the ground.

If the FA Cup was 2 legged we might have a chance in the future :lol:

Aye because we can progress without winning either leg. Perfect for him.

Its been said before but for some reason this 2 legged stuff seems to suit Pardew down to the ground.

Aye :thup:

Guest aimar10

;D ;D

NUFC.com says "He also added that Cheick Tiote, Davide Santon, Sylvain Marveaux would all be OK for Benfica on Thursday".

Team was: Elliot, Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, S.Taylor, Gutierrez, Anita, Cabaye (Bigirimana 74), Gouffran (Gosling 63), Sissoko, Obertan (Perch 46), Cisse.

Subs n/u: Harper, Good, Marveaux, Campbell.

So I guess the best we could hope for would be something like Krul/Simpson-Taylor-MYM-Santon/Cabaye-Tiote/Sissoko-Anita-Marveaux/Cisse, although you'd suspect to see Jonas or Shola in there somewhere.  We really need some good wingers man, it's getting more painfully clear every game. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

At least we won't have to see Jonas at LB again, i have never seen Nasri look so good.

I thought Jonas played ok, shows how bad he has been further forward :lol:

NUFC.com says "He also added that Cheick Tiote, Davide Santon, Sylvain Marveaux would all be OK for Benfica on Thursday".

Team was: Elliot, Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, S.Taylor, Gutierrez, Anita, Cabaye (Bigirimana 74), Gouffran (Gosling 63), Sissoko, Obertan (Perch 46), Cisse.

Subs n/u: Harper, Good, Marveaux, Campbell.

So I guess the best we could hope for would be something like Krul/Simpson-Taylor-MYM-Santon/Cabaye-Tiote/Sissoko-Anita-Marveaux/Cisse, although you'd suspect to see Jonas or Shola in there somewhere.  We really need some good wingers man, it's getting more painfully clear every game. :lol:

I have an overwhelming fear that he won't start Marveaux...

Krul

Santon        Saylor              Mbiwa        Haidara

Tiote                Cabaye

Marveaux                  Sissoko                Jonas

Cisse

Pards

“But as I say we’ve already put out one of the favourites in Anzhi. They are as good as Man United or Man City or Chelsea. We have to be confident.”

We've also been beaten by Reading and Wigan recently.

And Anzhi are nowhere near Man United or Man City.

Pards

“But as I say we’ve already put out one of the favourites in Anzhi. They are as good as Man United or Man City or Chelsea. We have to be confident.”

Strange the manager didn't bring that up in his interview like.

Pards

You're right I shouldn't have brought it up on this internet forum either.

Pards

:lol: