Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

As poor as some people think Anita's been I would still have slotted himself or Perch in at RB instead of Simpson. Players like him will get found out in these games. Anyway, that team is definitely good enough to get something out of this! Really looking forward to this now!

As poor as some people think Anita's been I would still have slotted himself or Perch in at RB instead of Simpson. Players like him will get found out in these games. Anyway, that team is definitely good enough to get something out of this! Really looking forward to this now!

He goes missing at RB though, we'll probably not see a great deal of the ball here under Pardew so keeping it compact is probably the best we can do.

I agree with Perch ahead of him here in the absence of Tiote, I just think people are being massively harsh on him due to fact he's soft as shite.

Other than Cabaye he's the best player we have on the ball who can play in the centre by a distance.

Don't disagree, like him a lot in general.

Artur, Almeida, Luisão, Garay, Melgarejo, Matic, Gomes, Ola, Gaitán, Rodrigo, Cardozo

Bolded the subs. Maxi Pereira, Enzo Perez, Salvio (injured) and Lima out of the starting 11. It's the usual european team, portuguese league is the main priority. Some rotation but still looking to win.

Should be a close game.

Guest bimpy474

I would say that's the best team he could play, other than Vurn at RB instead of Simpson.

Spot on and even Simpson has been decent in Europe.

Aye he has, always worries me that he has one of those proper shit games in him though, or one of his amazingly bad throw ins.

I would say that's the best team he could play, other than Vurn at RB instead of Simpson.

Spot on and even Simpson has been decent in Europe.

Probably because of how we play, Simpson can defend he just can't defend and attack at the same time and not be exposed.

So who is playing outwide?  We know Jonas has one side,  the other is Marv or is the plank going to put sissoko outwide?

???

It's a 4-2-3-1, same formation we've been using for months.