Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

I doubt Taylor's going to be benched against this lot, like.

And again, 2 defensive midfielders against Sunderland at home? Pardew gets ripped apart for his defensive approach by people who then advocate teams like this. I don't get it.

I doubt Taylor's going to be benched against this lot, like.

And again, 2 defensive midfielders against Sunderland at home? Pardew gets ripped apart for his defensive approach by people who then advocate teams like this. I don't get it.

I don't think the way people write their formations are exact to how we expect it to play out and for that reason i expect in most of those formations Cabaye will be closer to Sissoko/Marveaux in reality.

Of course that is what we hope, what Pardew does is another thing entirely.

Debuchy is effectively a RM/RW anyway so Jonas balances out. If Tiote allows Cabaye freedom to do his damage I don't see why not.

Looks a far more attacking side than it seems. Provided Pardew doesn't have other ideas ofc.

Would people play a out-of-form Anita in place of Tiote, or restrict Cabaye to a defensive role like in his past few games where he has looked at most average?  :dontknow:

My choice is basically the same that started against Fulham last week in other words Sissoko next to Cabaye.

I actually would pick the same team that started that game except Haidara instead of Santon and Debuchy instead of Simpson.

Would people play a out-of-form Anita in place of Tiote, or restrict Cabaye to a defensive role like in his past few games where he has looked at most average?  :dontknow:

Why does Cabaye need to play a defensive role? If Jonas is on the pitch he should be doing it.

Cos Tiote isn't playing and he has to assume more defensive work in the middle of the park. When you get him doing that, he doesn't look as effective creating chances like we have seen in his last few games.

You could put Jonas in the middle, sure. Only that he has been back to his best recently on the flanks running at the opposition. Jonas also offers protection to the attacking Debuchy and the right side of defence, especially if Saylor doesn't make it meaning Williamson comes in.

I am thinking about form players when it comes to the selection. Jonas has been good, Marveaux too. Cabaye restricted. And Sissoko has looked tired after an explosive start. Also more about how players work in tandem with each other.

My choice is basically the same that started against Fulham last week in other words Sissoko next to Cabaye.

I actually would pick the same team that started that game except Haidara instead of Santon and Debuchy instead of Simpson.

Similar to that formation except Sissoko in/ Tiote out. Just a question of whether who allows Cabaye to work really.

Jonas out wide is still a massive part of the problem. Even on his best day he offers f*** all in terms of creativity and goal threat.

In general I agree we need an upgrade on him. But even you admit he has been at his best the past few games. :lol: And if Debuchy can attack relentlessly without worrying about being caught out at the back especially with Williamson it might not be a bad thing.

Jonas out wide is still a massive part of the problem. Even on his best day he offers f*** all in terms of creativity and goal threat.

In general I agree we need an upgrade on him. But even you admit he has been at his best the past few games. :lol:

He's been very good by his standards the last 3 games but he's still inadequate in any attacking position.

Krul

Williamson  MYM 

Haidara

Jonas                Tiote     

DebuchyCabaye (aka anal position lol)

Marveaux      Gouffran

Offside line ----------------------------                    

Cisse

How their average positions will pan out anyway.

“If it doesn’t work out tomorrow' date=' Di Canio is a donkey – bye, bye. But I’m sure that Di Canio is a stallion."[/quote']

Potential for some creative pics there.

Can't decide where to go pre-match.

Me neither.  Trying to think of somewhere that will be a good atmosphere but not overly crowded.

Aye that's it like. A lot of it depends on when we actually get into town. Aiming for 9 but depends on buses etc. I'm good at getting up early on a weekend but the others, not so much. 

Just want Pardew to change his entire philosophy, walk into the dressing room and say "Ah fuck it! Go out there and stuff them. If you get 3 goals early, go for 6. Lets relegate the pricks into oblivion."

In reality though, it'll be "Play your game, contain, nick a goal and see it out."