Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

Love the dickhead theories on FB:

'Pardew will find out if he has still got a job on Friday!!! 24 hours after Martinez decides what he is going to do!! Also Newcastle are now distancing them self from Carroll (not Martinez player type of player) mmmmmm'

:idiot2:

'Pardew will find out if he has still got a job on Friday!!! 24 hours after Martinez decides what he is going to do!! Also Newcastle are now distancing them self from Carroll (not Martinez player type of player) mmmmmm'

And in other news 1+1=7

Guest Dontooner

And in other news 1+1=7

All my eggs are IN!!

James McManus ‏@JamesMcManus1 55m

Vurnon Anita slyly criticising Newcastle's style under Pardew: "“It’s very different – the play goes up and down, up and down."

:lol: Vurn knows the score like

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/united-star-feels-the-pace/

Speaking to the Shields Gazette, Anita explained the change from playing in the Dutch league to the Premier League;

“It is very different; the play goes up and down, up and down. It’s different and you feel it in your legs, you get tired more quickly than in Holland.

What's Girard like?

He has worked with a couple of our players already, Debuchy and Cabaye to name a few. And if im not mistaken, a couple of the other french players aswell during his time as a national coach. The Under 21's i think. Good attacking football, got Lille to win the league and to the CL. Wants to manage in the PL. (more or less begging for a job in the PL if you believe the papers)

That's Rudi Garcia

Isn't Gerard just exactly the same but with Montpellier?

Kinda but Girard has worked with Franch national team at all youth levels and a big part of why they won the WC in 98 and the Euros in 2000 behind the scenes.

Didn't really work has a first team manager till Montpellier but youth coaching and behind the scenes stuff.

To Parky and or other people who haven't read about Girard...

Girard is my no.2 option behind Rafa if we were to sack Pardew.  Everything I've seen, read or watched is that this a football man who's forte is working with young players, very attacking-minded (football is a game of entertainment) and never finds the "big clubs" who spend a ton of money as something to look down upon, rather he shows no fear versus these sides. He seems like he is close with Wenger and you can google a few articles on him. So on top of working with our players at youth level, he appointed Mapou as his captain and they went on to win the league with an under-valued, young side in a league where they barely spent much.

He also worked for a madder man than Mike Ashley :lol:

"I think our triumph is a real shot in the arm for French football. It just goes to show that everyone can beat everyone and that money isn't the be-all and end-all. We're a club of mates, a club that brings young players through and gives them a chance. At the end of the day, it's worked out well for us. We played some great football, with a well-balanced team and I'm overwhelmed."

The Article I referred to which many people have posted and or seen before a month ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10004456/Montpellier-coach-Rene-Girard-wants-move-to-a-Premier-League-club-after-discussions-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

"I am proud when people say ‘Montpellier are like you – they have personality’. My philosophy is that I ask my players to be aggressive. I tell them you have to master the ball.”

I want Pardew sacked but i am also worried about who Ashley would bring in as a replacement.  If the club aren't willing to change there policy i can't see any big name or top manager coming to work for AShley and Llambias.

Hope i am wrong though.

If he's getting a meeting to try and talk his way out of how shit he is I'd expect he'll be staying. Think if Ashley was serious about getting rid he wouldn't need a meeting to decide.

And if Ashley genuinely is on the fence right now I expect Pardew will be able to talk his way out of getting sacked. Talking a good game has never been his issue.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/316113/

ALAN PARDEW has been told he must do better after crunch talks with Mike Ashley.

The Newcastle boss has been backed to lead next season’s bid to seal a top-six return after being given the green light to make amends for a disastrous campaign.

Pardew, who has ended his interest in bringing back Andy Carroll, met with the club’s owner yesterday.

They thrashed out why things went badly wrong after the impressive fifth place last May.

This time Newcastle beat the drop with one game to spare.

Pardew was left in no doubt that Ashley expects a big upturn in fortunes when the new campaign kicks off in August.

But he has been promised funds for rebuilding.

ALAN PARDEW has been told his job is safe after high-level talks in London yesterday.

The Newcastle manager was summoned to the capital to meet with owner Mike Ashley, chairman Derek Llambias and chief scout Graham Carr to rake over the coals of a disappointing campaign.

Although Andy Carroll has been priced out of a move home by Liverpool, Pardew has been promised significant funds to rebuild his battle-worn squad and a striker is at the top of his agenda.

While Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Saint-Etienne remains a priority target, the player himself appears to have ruled out a move to the North-East by stating his preference to join a club participating in European competition next term.

This could see Newcastle make a renewed offer for Loic Remy, who rejected them in favour of Queens Park Rangers in January but is believed to have had an £8m release clause activated by their relegation.

Although the black and whites only survived the drop with one game to spare themselves, Ashley and Llambias believe the foundations are in place for a renewed tilt at the top six next season with Pardew at the helm.

However, while the chairman recently said that their man was allowed "one bad season" a second in succession will not be tolerated.

http://ihavetheeasiestjobintheworld.co.uk

The key isn't whether he would be sacked now --- another poor run early next season will seal his fate.  The key is what players we could get in this summer. We bloody need more reinforcement.

Oh right, fair enough. Thought you might have been implying more than just that.

I think all you can take from it is that Man U fans were more justified in calling for his head. 

They had Howard Kendall waiting in the wings, a proven manager of high quality and had given Fergie millions to spend on the likes of Hughes, Ince, Pallister, Webb and Wallace.  He broke the club record transfer fee twice in that time.

EDIT:  And that even great managers blame injuries...

Ferguson later revealed that the board of directors had assured him that they were not considering dismissing him. Although naturally disappointed with the lack of success in the league, they understood the reasons for the sub-standard results (namely the absence of several key players due to injury) and were pleased with the way that Ferguson had reorganised the club's coaching and scouting system.

:aww:

They won the FA Cup within a year of signing them lot except Webb who came a little earlier. From 86 to 89 was the barren period. The investment into the others was Taggart's last chance.

So incomparable to Pardew totally.

Edit: I don't recall them struggling against relegation during this time either.

Staying... Will be sacked by Christmas though, another season written off. Let's hope our position is retrievable when ge does go.

If we look at this season, we could finish fifth/sixth after a horrible period pre-Christmas.