Alan Pardew

Mike

There's justification for feeling like things are a bit hopeless when the main thing that keeps football fans and particularly those of NUFC going is the hope to turn things around.

Can totally understand anyone taking a break or toning things down a bit until things improve.  The football is joyless, which is fundamental.

Make the necessary changes in the backroom staff, sign players in-need positions, clear the wasteful members in our squad, sort our overall tactical plan and hopefully we improve. We must. Last season can't ever happen again.

There's justification for feeling like things are a bit hopeless when the only thing that keeps football fans and particularly those of NUFC is the hope to turn things around.

Can totally understand anyone taking a break or toning things down a bit until things improve.  The football is joyless, which is fundamental.

100% spot on.

We've been crying for a turn-around for every season since Bobby left! Minus last season of course. It's exhausting man.

There's justification for feeling like things are a bit hopeless when the main thing that keeps football fans and particularly those of NUFC going is the hope to turn things around.

I get what you saying, I just think it's an exaggeration.

No justification :lol:

If people didn't eat up the shit they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

To be replaced by what though? What I'm saying is that these ups and downs are just a part of football.

If they want stability they should bring in a good manager now and they can have some stability.  Keeping Pardew only delays the inevitable and prevents stability, because lets face it he wont last another season, he's completely inept.

Well it's not an exaggeration for him if he follows it up, or anyone else for that matter.  So again, we're at the stage where I'm not sure what you mean.

Of course Pardew is a footnote, however a lot of support is based around hope that things will get better and achievements can be made.

If people didn't eat up the s*** they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

To be replaced by what though? What I'm saying is that these ups and downs are just a part of football.

Who cares? take a risk.

As much as I don't like Liverpool they forced out those clowns of Americans forcefully and efficiently. I know it can be a bit cringy and everything but I wish our fans were as proactive.

I realise I'm saying clown a lot :lol:

If people didn't eat up the shit they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

And football is just a game which is why some people might want to go an do something else for a while that doesn't depress them.

Well it's not an exaggeration for him if he follows it up, or anyone else for that matter.  So again, we're at the stage where I'm not sure what you mean.

Of course Pardew is a footnote, however a lot of support is based around hope that things will get better and achievements can be made.

Well they might, in a year, or two, or five, in the meantime we continue supporting the club.

At the end of the day anyone is entitled to decided to stay away for any reason they like, I'm just saying my opinion is that it's stupid to go on about no hope of things ever getting better etc etc.

Only way this can get worse for me is if he has been given full control over transfers.  :scared:

I know we could be better next season but it's thoroughly depressing knowing our only real ambition according to the statement is to try and finish no lower than tenth.

Even that would be tolerable if we played attacking football and at least tried in the domestic cups but I just know we won't.

I don't recall, was it Ben Arfa or Cabaye that called for more ambition last year? Whoever it was has got their life ring firmly round their arse and is stood on the stern of the ship ready to jump!

I think we're prolonging/extending our own decline.  That has an effect on matters.

And football is just a game which is why some people might want to go an do something else for a while that doesn't depress them.

Sure, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't tally with what I think being a football fan should entail. If you just want something to entertain you and make you happy then there are much easier things anyway... TV, theatre, reading, going for a walk in the country, the list is endless. Football has ups and downs.

Anyway, as I said, anyone is entitled to stay away if they want I suppose.

Sure, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't tally with what I think being a football fan should entail. If you just want something to entertain you and make you happy then there are much easier things anyway... TV, theatre, reading, going for a walk in the country, the list is endless. Football has ups and downs.

So passive. :lol: You might as well say that there's no point expressing an opinion on the running of the club.

And before you kick off, read through what you've just said again and hopefully realise that I'm basically paraphrasing. :lol:

So passive. :lol: You might as well say that there's no point expressing an opinion on the running of the club.

And before you kick off, read through what you've just said again and hopefully realise that I'm basically paraphrasing. :lol:

I never kick off.

I don't really accept that logic, expressing an opinion on the running of the club is completely different to stopping going because Pardew is keeping his job.

I'm all for long term stability but for you to achieve anything you still need a good manager at the helm.  Man Utd didnt win 38 trophys under Sir Alex 'just' because they stuck with him.  They won them mostly because he was a world class manager.  Alan Pardew isnt suddenly going to become the tactical wizard that we need him to be.  He has been a Manager for 14 years now, so he's pretty much developed as far as he is ever going to.  Even if we'd not signed one player all Summer I wouldn't have minded so long as they'd shown Pardew the door.  The fact that they haven't just shows how little ambition they owners have for the club.  All so very depressing.

Yeah I'm with you on this. I can understand people taking a break from NUFC until Pardew is gone if it's just going to be more of the same as this season. I considered it myself during the season and probably will next season too, but I just can't take myself away come match day. However when I was considering it I was asking myself why get involved with something when it just pisses me off and could ruin my day/weekend, why sit and waste two hours of your life watching terrible football and why allow yourself to become frustrated and pissed off due to the mistakes of someone else (Pardew). It's likely that we'll be served more of the same next season so I can totally see why people can't be bothered with it. I'll be watching and following same as usual though.

Only way this can get worse for me is if he has been given full control over transfers.  :scared:

I know we could be better next season but it's thoroughly depressing knowing our only real ambition according to the statement is to try and finish no lower than tenth.

Even that would be tolerable if we played attacking football and at least tried in the domestic cups but I just know we won't.

At least we know there's no chance of that happening.  We'll continue to make good signings even with Pardew and when he does go we won't have to clear out his shit.  Its pretty horrendous to consider another season of Pardews soul sucking shitness, but the fact he can't directly influence our signings is one big plus point.

There is an argument to give up on football because it's depressing, frustrating, ultimately pointless, childish, irrelevant to anything important, too driven by money, removed from ordinary people, possibly corrupt, enriches bad people, etc etc etc.

I just think Alan Pardew is a relatively unimportant reason. Managers who you don't agree with, bad performances, poor seasons, these are just normal variation in the life of a fan.

Fifth top to fifth bottom?  The only stability the owner is botherd about is the stupor in the stands by the look of it.

Your conclusion about Pardew might be right, but this argument doesn't make sense. The whole point of stability is that one season to the next isn't the only thing that matters.

It's not exactly fucking stable either.

Lets try and make it clear to make you understand then.  We have just had the second worst season in our premier league history in terms of league position.  The fans in the ground have no problem with this.  A sure sign for the give it another go next year, it might get better with any luck.  Fifth bottom again, stability is the thing.