Alan Pardew

Mike

No justification :lol:

If people didn't eat up the shit they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

To be replaced by what though? What I'm saying is that these ups and downs are just a part of football.

And football is just a game which is why some people might want to go an do something else for a while that doesn't depress them.

Sure, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't tally with what I think being a football fan should entail. If you just want something to entertain you and make you happy then there are much easier things anyway... TV, theatre, reading, going for a walk in the country, the list is endless. Football has ups and downs.

Anyway, as I said, anyone is entitled to stay away if they want I suppose.

So passive. :lol: You might as well say that there's no point expressing an opinion on the running of the club.

And before you kick off, read through what you've just said again and hopefully realise that I'm basically paraphrasing. :lol:

I never kick off.

I don't really accept that logic, expressing an opinion on the running of the club is completely different to stopping going because Pardew is keeping his job.

You have a problem with the former and the latter, your posts are littered with expressions of this.  "Stop talking about this", "just concentrate on that", etc.

Anyway let's not create another sideshow here, we both end up looking like dickheads.  I don't understand such moderate, passive views and you have your problems with mine.  The end.

If people didn't eat up the s*** they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

To be replaced by what though? What I'm saying is that these ups and downs are just a part of football.

I think we're prolonging/extending our own decline.  That has an effect on matters.

If anything with this skid mark in charge we're accelerating our demise, we had all the right words to attract some good quality continental players with our ideas and plans, how are we gonna sell a vision to anyone now with the evidence we have on record.

Players will leave, others, based on evidence, won't join. This was a pivotal moment in our modern history and we took the wrong fork in the road.

If people didn't eat up the shit they're served so willingly we might be rid of all of these clowns by now

And football is just a game which is why some people might want to go an do something else for a while that doesn't depress them.

Sure, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't tally with what I think being a football fan should entail. If you just want something to entertain you and make you happy then there are much easier things anyway... TV, theatre, reading, going for a walk in the country, the list is endless. Football has ups and downs.

So passive. :lol: You might as well say that there's no point expressing an opinion on the running of the club.

And before you kick off, read through what you've just said again and hopefully realise that I'm basically paraphrasing. :lol:

I never kick off.

I don't really accept that logic, expressing an opinion on the running of the club is completely different to stopping going because Pardew is keeping his job.

You have a problem with the former and the latter, your posts are littered with expressions of this.  "Stop talking about this", "just concentrate on that", etc.

Anyway let's not create another sideshow here, we both end up looking like dickheads.  I don't understand such moderate, passive views and you have your problems with mine.  The end.

I don't have any problems with your views at all, I just sometimes disagree with them. That's genuinely it.

At least we know there's no chance of that happening.  We'll continue to make good signings even with Pardew and when he does go we won't have to clear out his shit.  Its pretty horrendous to consider another season of Pardews soul sucking shitness, but the fact he can't directly influence our signings is one big plus point.

The worrying thing is that after the 'clear the air' talks this week Carr's remit may be trying to pinpoint players that suit this charlatans view of football, i.e. experienced, jumping tacklers.

At least we know there's no chance of that happening.  We'll continue to make good signings even with Pardew and when he does go we won't have to clear out his shit.  Its pretty horrendous to consider another season of Pardews soul sucking shitness, but the fact he can't directly influence our signings is one big plus point.

The worrying thing is that after the 'clear the air' talks this week Carr's remit may be trying to pinpoint players that suit this charlatans view of football, i.e. experienced, jumping tacklers.

I would say there is zero chance of that happening. Much more likely Pardew has been bollocked by Ashley and told to sort himself out or else.

There is an argument to give up on football because it's depressing, frustrating, ultimately pointless, childish, irrelevant to anything important, too driven by money, removed from ordinary people, possibly corrupt, enriches bad people, etc etc etc.

I just think Alan Pardew is a relatively unimportant reason. Managers who you don't agree with, bad performances, poor seasons, these are just normal variation in the life of a fan.

OK, since we're back to a more reasonable point, I unsurprisingly disagree. :lol:

Can I just put it really simply?  2 and a half years so far of generally thoroughly uninspiring, frightened and negative football.  A situation that has soured the matchday experience for many.  I'm generally a 5-10 games a year person (mostly aways) and I'm sick of saying "it was a good day out apart from the football".

So we're 2 and a half years down the line with that and off the back of a dreadful season in which we finished 16th, we have the chance to bin the man responsible and choose not to.  As if to suggest the performances are good enough but for mitigating circumstances, and committing us to months/years more of this tripe.

That's not the ups and downs of football, most football clubs see appalling performances and results as a reason to sack the manager and move on to better things.  There are no ups in sight.

I never kick off.

I don't have any problems with your views at all, I just sometimes disagree with them. That's genuinely it.

"Stop talking about that and accept it" is not a disagreement with a view, but I've seen it as a reply many times in recent weeks to various people on here.

Guest icemanblue

My flippant response to Dontooner was made with the absolute belief that he'll be here from the start of next season, and here right through til the very end. There's no doubt about that. I'm not laughing at downtrodden fans who've had their hopes and dreams raped by a fat bloke and a cockney womaniser. Plenty of others cancelling their season tickets today, but I haven't said a word.

Can I just put it really simply?  2 and a half years so far of generally thoroughly uninspiring, frightened and negative football.  A situation that has soured the matchday experience for many.  I'm generally a 5-10 games a year person (mostly aways) and I'm sick of saying "it was a good day out apart from the football".

So we're 2 and a half years down the line with that and off the back of a dreadful season in which we finished 16th, we have the chance to bin the man responsible and choose not to.  As if to suggest the performances are good enough but for mitigating circumstances, and committing us to months/years more of this tripe.

That's not the ups and downs of football, most football clubs see appalling performances and results as a reason to sack the manager and move on to better things.  There are no ups in sight.

Can't argue with any of that.  And if anyone does they're an utter fucking dick.

There is an argument to give up on football because it's depressing, frustrating, ultimately pointless, childish, irrelevant to anything important, too driven by money, removed from ordinary people, possibly corrupt, enriches bad people, etc etc etc.

I just think Alan Pardew is a relatively unimportant reason. Managers who you don't agree with, bad performances, poor seasons, these are just normal variation in the life of a fan.

OK, since we're back to a more reasonable point, I unsurprisingly disagree. :lol:

That's a fair enough opinion.

Personally I found last season pretty enjoyable and would gladly accept that again. By which I mean a solid season with a sprinkling of brilliant moments.

Keeping Pardew doesn't suggest the results and/or performances were good enough at all. It just suggests that the club have decided that, overall, he deserves another season.

I just think the suicidal nature of this debate is far, far too much. We've got a fresh season ahead with a side full of good, likeable players. And a manager who, while not suddenly great, will have been told in no uncertain terms what is expected of him.

Can't argue with any of that.  And if anyone does they're an utter fucking dick.

:lol:

I never kick off.

"Stop talking about that and accept it" is not a disagreement with a view, but I've seen it as a reply many times in recent weeks to various people on here.

The main thing I think people should have accepted at certain points is that Pardew was highly unlikely to be sacked. But I apologise if I've ever claimed that means they can't have an opinion on him. Obviously they can. I'm not really sure what you mean, but if that's what you're getting at then fair enough.

I just think the suicidal nature of this debate is far, far too much. We've got a fresh season ahead with a side full of good, likeable players. And a manager who, while not suddenly great, will have been told in no uncertain terms what is expected of him.

That's a similar position to the one we were in last summer to be fair. No one is suicidal btw, people are just fed up of the never ending shit.

That's a similar position we were in last summer to be fair. No one is suicidal btw, people are just fed up of the never ending shit.

Course it is, and most summers, that doesn't mean it's not valid. We could be starting the season with a squad full of utter shit and without a 5th place finish in our very recent history.

PS I didn't mean the suicidal thing literally.

I'm loathe to agree with Ian as I wanted Pardew gone but we're in a significantly better position than we have been in numerous times in the last 10 years. Means bot all given that we support a sports shop these days unfortunately.

Either way, I'll look forward to the new season regardless, I find it hard not too and if that makes me a mug...

I'm loathe to agree with Ian as I wanted Pardew gone but we're in a significantly better position than we have been in numerous times in the last 10 years. Means bot all given that we support a sports shop these days unfortunately.

I'd say the only time we were in a worse position was the season we were actually relegated.

The season we've just endured and Pardew doesn't get sacked? There were numerous, justifiable reasons to sack him: -

We lost 19 games in the Premier League. In other words we lost half our games.

We only won 11 Premiership games.

We set a new unwanted record for the most goals conceded by a NUFC team in the Premiership.

We scored 24 goals at home in the Premiership but conceded 31.

Our goal difference in the Premiership was -23!

We were top of the Premiership long ball league.

We haven't scored from a corner for over 2 seasons in the Premiership.

We have been beaten by 3 goals or more several times (Man U away 3 - 0, Man City away 4 - 0, Arsenal away 3 - 7, Sunderland at home 3 - 0, Liverpool at home 6 - 0).

We only won by 3 goals once in the Premiership (at home to 10 man Wigan).

I could go on!

That's a similar position we were in last summer to be fair. No one is suicidal btw, people are just fed up of the never ending shit.

Course it is, and most summers, that doesn't mean it's not valid. We could be starting the season with a squad full of utter shit and without a 5th place finish in our very recent history.

PS I didn't mean the suicidal thing literally.

We could still be starting the season without some of our better players who could still be replaced with shite or not replaced at all. My point is we had a good squad last summer, one that finished 5th and we still nearly got relegated, so having a good side is not necessarily a reason to be positive when we have a poor manager in charge. I know you didn't mean suicidal literally btw.

I'd say the only time we were in a worse position was the season we were actually relegated.

I was quite chipper that pre-season tbh.

Pardew's different from the team just being rubbish imo, this is a man who does not want the team he's managing to finish in the top six of the league in case it jeopardises his own job, a man who makes no attempt to win certain football matches (any away game), indeed a man who doesn't even attempt to compete in games against certain teams, only turns up because he's obliged to by the fixture list. He's a spineless shitbag who, far from wanting to make me feel proud of NUFC, attempts to make me feel like I support a tiny diddy little team who have no business even being on the same pitch as a magnificent club like Man City or Spurs and that I should feel lucky for what I've got and shut the fuck up.

The very least I expect from NUFC is that I feel proud of them as a club and our manager goes in front of cameras every week and basically tells me I have nothing to be proud of.

He is utter poison.

The season we've just endured and Pardew doesn't get sacked? There were numerous, justifiable reasons to sack him: -

We set a new unwanted record for the most goals conceded by a NUFC team in the Premiership.

We have been beaten by 3 goals or more several times (Man U away 3 - 0, Man City away 4 - 0, Arsenal away 3 - 7, Sunderland at home 3 - 0, Liverpool at home 6 - 0).

I could go on!

Nobody would disagree that there are loads of reasons he could have been sacked.

I could go on!

I'd add

2nd lowest points accumulated in a Premier League season

2nd lowest League position in a Premier League season

Made Sunderland look like fucking Brazil circa 1970