Alan Pardew

Mike

Why did the sane team problems persit over the whole season, except maybe when the frenchies arrived and then it reverted back to shit again. 

Right alan..prove me wrong.  prove me wrong.

Sometimes it is about confidence in players.

Who manages the players, Alan? :lol:

Is it really that simple?

For Pardew? Yes, it's a simple and convenient excuse.

By saying an excuse you are basically saying low confidence wasn't a factor? Correct?

Yes it's Pardew's job to raise confidence and ultimately he failed to do this, sometimes though confidence isn't such an easy thing to gather no matter hwo good your man-managment skills are. Confidence is a major factor in football yet you shrug it off like it means nothing and it's a petty excuse. Moyes had seasons at Everton where he struggled with team confidence and they slumped to tame league finishes, he's now in charge of the biggest club in the land.

How come the confidence he expouses in his own ability in interviews isn't mirrored in the way he sets up to play - ie shit scared, negative, on the back foot and the perpetual underdog in every game.

I enjoyed the couple of weeks without any Pardew quote dissection.

Whether you judge him on his words or his actions, it's difficult not to come to the same conclusion.

I don't have a problem with concluding that he had a poor season last time around, it's the childish ridiculing of everything he says that annoys me. Anyway, who cares.

Guest reefatoon

Well judging by that article, he is struggleing to drop either Tiote or Cabaye to move Sissoko back, so Anita has no chance at all of playing.

Guest reefatoon

How come the confidence he expouses in his own ability in interviews isn't mirrored in the way he sets up to play - ie s*** scared, negative, on the back foot and the perpetual underdog in every game.

Exactly right.  You hit the nail on the head with that. Especially the line in bold, as that is exactly how we were set up game after game.

“Hatem wasn’t really a right-sider until I put him there.”

Wow, just wow.

Yes, that was odd! Everytime i saw him play in France, and i mean everytime, he was on the right.

Must have only seen him 10-15 times though so i suppose it's possible he played on the left or in the middle all the other times. Doubt it though. I'm sure Mole can tell us :lol:

Well there is the fact that loads of us on here knew he played there and thought it was his best postion, but for ages Pardew insisted he had to be a no.10 or not play at all. Then when he finally put him there (I think out of necessity one game) well he went on and proved that clueless idiot wrong.

Sometimes it is about confidence in players.

Who manages the players, Alan? :lol:

Is it really that simple?

For Pardew? Yes, it's a simple and convenient excuse.

By saying an excuse you are basically saying low confidence wasn't a factor? Correct?

Yes it's Pardew's job to raise confidence and ultimately he failed to do this, sometimes though confidence isn't such an easy thing to gather no matter hwo good your man-managment skills are. Confidence is a major factor in football yet you shrug it off like it means nothing and it's a petty excuse. Moyes had seasons at Everton where he struggled with team confidence and they slumped to tame league finishes, he's now in charge of the biggest club in the land.

Of course confidence was a factor. How else do you think I find his words laughable? When I said excuse, I meant it in the way he tries to push a bit of everything into someone else. The biggest problem is never himself.

You could blame Ashley for not backing him in the market but the last I knew, the manager is in charge of getting the best out of his players, which Pardew has failed miserably. The lack of confidence and subsequent inability to raise them originated from his own limitations. That squad should never finish 16th.

You know if he gets sacked, he will blame everyone except himself.

As far as things go atm though, I would prefer him to stay and hopefully make the most out of it. The potential alternatives are frightening.

Well there is the fact that loads of us on here knew he played there and thought it was his best postion, but for ages Pardew insisted he had to be a no.10 or not play at all. Then when he finally put him there (I think out of necessity one game) well he went on and proved that clueless idiot wrong.

Basically this. The Sissoko quotes are more worrying to me. "he needs more goals if he's to play number 10". He's not a number 10, anywhere near one, did he not even read his scouting report? It's just scarily incompetent

Aye, that one is pretty bad.

His biggest problem is going to be sorting out the left side. We need attacking threat but was also need someone who offer enough protection to Santon because he hasn't looked that clever as a defender tbh. That's the problem with having Marveaux there. He's better inside for a start so he'll probably drift in, and he won't be forever shadowing the FB when we haven't got the ball.

One option might be to put MYM at LB as he's solid there and just leave Marveaux to drift in and out of the game as he does, popping up and doing his stuff now and again. Lacks a bit of structure though so i can see why that wouldn't be popular with the coaching staff!

LRD, have you ever heard a manager come out and say the biggest problem is himself?

Have you ever seen someone with the mantle 'Don't believe what Pardew says, it's all media talk unless it fits my agenda'? I have.

LRD, have you ever heard a manager come out and say the biggest problem is himself?

Have you ever seen someone with the mantle 'Don't believe what Pardew says, it's all media talk unless it fits my agenda'? I have.

I don't know what that means.

Basically this. The Sissoko quotes are more worrying to me. "he needs more goals if he's to play number 10". He's not a number 10, anywhere near one, did he not even read his scouting report? It's just scarily incompetent

Aye, that one is pretty bad.

I just find it incredible he wouldn't have a defined idea of where he needs to play. He's pretty much saying, I don't really know, he'll have to figure it out. Thats not great to hear

What he could be saying is that it's upto the player to force himself into this plans. By either playing better than either Tiote/Cabaye, scoring (the No. 10 reole) or making sure he gets assists (RW). Maybe he's challenging Sissoko to prove himself.

Mirror on the wall will tell you all you need to know.

:lol:

You haven't been unfortunate at all in the FA Cup you arsehole.

When you consider how negative his tactics were against Brighton no wonder he blames the players "And yet here, I have had two games (Stevenage and Brighton) when the team I have had to put out have not been representative of the quality in the groups I have had" .Boils my piss reading this shit week in week out  :rant: