Alan Pardew

Mike

the worst thing about the kinnear appointment is the feeling that season after season will go by without lessons learnt even with pardew gone. Ashley will not set up the club to have any ambition, will not make the right appointments and will not even care one suspects. We will not achieve anything until Ashley is out the club.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how many actually do turn to like him again, obviously there is hipsters who have always disliked him and never been won over. However if he does turn out to have another good year, i wonder if people will convert to him twice?

:lol: What does that even mean? You mean the people who didn't rate his managerial record, disliked his style of football and saw it as completely unsustainable and inevitably saw his shortcomings brought to light. Proper "hipster" that,  judging someone on their managerial ability

Well im guessing we all pretty much looked in disgust when Pardew was announced and he admitted himself he had the fans to win over. He won me over and a fair few more but you still had that certain section that even after a 5th place finish wasn't good enough and we were still s*** and Pardew needed to go, so you're never going to win them ones over. However the people who enjoyed the success of a 5th place finished, looked forward to Europe and generally felt excited to push on but only to be let down by a horrific season, now seemingly hate Pardew again like he first arrived. Those are the fans that i'm not sure will fall in the same trap again if he does have another successful season. Holding hands up and saying Pards has done well for a second time isn't something i can see fans doing easily.

I think everyone enjoyed finishing 5th and I don't think anyone denied he'd done well overall.  But some people could still see the problems coming, that's all.  There were certain warning signs that season of what a clueless coward the man is (wolves 2:2 was a prime example*).

But yeah the people he did win over completely will be harder to win over a second time, and with good reason.

* 2-1 obviously but without an incorrect decision they would have equalised.

Equally other games he set up lead to better than expected results that season, due to his more defensive mentality & our strength upfront. We were very hard to beat. It really depends on whatever narrative people have about something. If you're looking to dislike pardew he will give you the reasons to do so, from a balanced pov he has good & bad points.

From a balanced point of view he's an average manager with an average record who plays awful football and is coming off the back of a terrible season.

Don't really disagree with that. Think the football can be better than awful sometimes, given the right circumstances/luck etc.

I know you don't become a bad manager in one season, and it's a fair question to say if he's clueless how come we finished 5th last season? Thing is, things didn't go wrong that season. We hit the ground running from the off and everything seemed to just fall into place. Of course, he deserves credit for keeping that going. But Pardew's main flaw seems to be that he doesn't know how to change it when things ARN'T working .

And that seems to count short term and long term. Are there games, seasons or distinct periods where we've started poorly and turned it around?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how many actually do turn to like him again, obviously there is hipsters who have always disliked him and never been won over. However if he does turn out to have another good year, i wonder if people will convert to him twice?

:lol: What does that even mean? You mean the people who didn't rate his managerial record, disliked his style of football and saw it as completely unsustainable and inevitably saw his shortcomings brought to light. Proper "hipster" that,  judging someone on their managerial ability

Well im guessing we all pretty much looked in disgust when Pardew was announced and he admitted himself he had the fans to win over. He won me over and a fair few more but you still had that certain section that even after a 5th place finish wasn't good enough and we were still s*** and Pardew needed to go, so you're never going to win them ones over. However the people who enjoyed the success of a 5th place finished, looked forward to Europe and generally felt excited to push on but only to be let down by a horrific season, now seemingly hate Pardew again like he first arrived. Those are the fans that i'm not sure will fall in the same trap again if he does have another successful season. Holding hands up and saying Pards has done well for a second time isn't something i can see fans doing easily.

I think everyone enjoyed finishing 5th and I don't think anyone denied he'd done well overall.  But some people could still see the problems coming, that's all.  There were certain warning signs that season of what a clueless coward the man is (wolves 2:2 was a prime example*).

But yeah the people he did win over completely will be harder to win over a second time, and with good reason.

* 2-1 obviously but without an incorrect decision they would have equalised.

Equally other games he set up lead to better than expected results that season, due to his more defensive mentality & our strength upfront. We were very hard to beat. It really depends on whatever narrative people have about something. If you're looking to dislike pardew he will give you the reasons to do so, from a balanced pov he has good & bad points.

Hard to beat..??? Did you go to Siberia when the Liverpool, Sunderland and Man C debacles occurred ??

If you want a balanced point of view, look at his CV....

Got to ignore you Jack, sorry man. At least the other people who have a go at us Pardew sympathisers actually contribute something themselves.

Regard it as an honour bestowed upon you Jack ie. effectively being placed on ignore, again.

Revel in the infamy gained, and continue to embrace & nurture your dark 'signicant other'.

Guest Dontooner

Is Alan Pardew a Honest sinner Or Lying Hypocrite??

Its a no brainer for me , he broke so many historic records for us last season. Pardew is going to find is hard for some one to top his achievements here.

Obviously still lying about his football tactical knowledge with his head in the sand.

2013/2014 is just going to be a ugly contest with "I am Best Director of football in League" and "Look i finish 5th how can i be clueless, don't blame me it was his fault"

Depressing really having two morons + Mike Cow in charge of our club.

Guest Dontooner

Only other club that could upstage our circus next year is Stoke...

Mark Hughes is another 4-4-2 stone age merchant ..

just ugly.. :crazy2:

Guest Alexinho

And even if the season we finished 5th was a good season, we didn't play attacking football - we played boring, defensive football...

But we did enjoy the winning, so most of us didn't care...

Attacking football will not happen under Pardew - we could go on a roll again and do a good season - but if that happens it will be because of a well organized team and a solid defence AND players who scores goals on the few chances we get...

Guest Dontooner

And even if the season we finished 5th was a good season, we didn't play attacking football - we played boring, defensive football...

But we did enjoy the winning, so most of us didn't care...

Attacking football will not happen under Pardew - we could go on a roll again and do a good season - but if that happens it will be because of a well organized team and a solid defence AND players who scores goals on the few chances we get...

We have been founded out after our 1st season, it wasn't like in the 2nd we didn't play with our backs against the wall and still we conceded a ton of goals.

Teams probably know how limited we are going forward as well, since nearly every team bar Fulham attacked us at every chance they had.

Only way we could turn this around is if we surprise people by attacking instead of playing safe, not sure if it means Pardew was sacked before Christmas or Kinnear is in charge behind the scenes driving the changes.

Limited options really...