Alan Pardew

Mike

I still have no idea how Dalglish and Souness did as badly as they did. I mean, really, how hard can it be to keep things going as they have been? With tons of money as well to back you? FFS.

Managers tended to get rated based on their ability as former players back then. There was this simplistic idea that working under great managers and successful clubs they must have learned a great deal. True to an extent, but if you are a pleb it can only get you so far.

results-wise, % WLD where is he overall now?  sure this has been posted but haven't seen it for a while

Premier League only....

http://i39.tinypic.com/15nwqcg.jpg

Considering what he took over and what he's done with it he's easily the worst on that list.

What a cunt.

Dalglish and Souness are worse, both took over after very successful periods and screwed up completely

not sure i agree in some respects

both managers you mention were tasked with changing a perceived failure in the methods of their predecessors (our 2 most successful managers of the era btw) and both failed at that...same for gullit tbh although KD wasn't successful gullit was expected to reverse the style of play and failed to do so

nah, i'm sticking with my first statement, he's the worst of the lot - the players we have now would be tearing it up with anyone else, he's a fucking jonah man

I still have no idea how Dalglish and Souness did as badly as they did. I mean, really, how hard can it be to keep things going as they have been? With tons of money as well to back you? FFS.

Managers tended to get rated based on their ability as former players back then. There was this simplistic idea that working under great managers and successful clubs they must have learned a great deal. True to an extent, but if you are a pleb it can only get you so far.

Great point. The world hadn't known then that 99.9% of players are daft as fuck. Glad we helped clear those misconceptions.

results-wise, % WLD where is he overall now?  sure this has been posted but haven't seen it for a while

Premier League only....

Considering what he took over and what he's done with it he's easily the worst on that list.

What a cunt.

Dalglish and Souness are worse, both took over after very successful periods and screwed up completely

both managers you mention were tasked with changing a perceived failure in the methods of their predecessors (our 2 most successful managers of the era btw) and both failed at that...same for gullit tbh although KD wasn't successful gullit was expected to reverse the style of play and failed to do so

nah, i'm sticking with my first statement, he's the worst of the lot - the players we have now would be tearing it up with anyone else, he's a fucking jonah man

Daglish took over a side fighting for the title (including having the worlds most expensive player at the time) and when he left the club was mid table

Souness took over a side competing around the european spots and left a woefully overpaid squad somewhere in lower midtable.

How anyone can argue Pardew has done worse is beyond me. 

Premier League only....

What a cunt.

Daglish took over a side fighting for the title (including having the worlds most expensive player at the time) and when he left the club was mid table

Souness took over a side competing around the european spots and left a woefully overpaid squad somewhere in lower midtable.

they fucked up more because they were in charge of their own transfer and made an utter shitsack of it

pardew has been handed good players and a squad improving in quality since the moment he arrived, he's fucking incapable of managing it...it's contentious, i'll agree, and depends on what you value personally as to who you think has failed more - as i said imo KD and GS were both publicly tasked with righting the perceived faults of their predecessors and this was ultimately the only reason both were appointed

pardew had none of this shit going on, he took over a team on the up with few expectations, the quality of player has improved and performances have dipped with the exception of the 5th season which surely ever fucker now has to see as a total freakshow

Sunderland deserved to win because they scored more goals than us. Doesn't matter that it was a wonder goal.

What a horrible approach to look at football. You conceded more goals then they did, so you deserve to lose. If I’m a neutral watching a game of football and I see a team give it their all in trying to break down a team but then other team break away and grab a late winner, am I f*** giving them any credit for a deserved win. I still refuse to believe Chelsea were worthy winners of the Champions League, they couldn’t ride their luck like that if they tried.

So, if by some miracle granted by the Gods of football, we managed to get to the final of a major competition where we played Man U and won by Cabaye hitting one of his specials into the top corner in the 89th minute, despite the fact that they spent 80 of the previous minutes battering us, you would be quite happy to hand over the trophy to Man U on the grounds that 'they played better than us'....??

Don't say you would because you will finally destroy any remaining credibility you still have as a poster.

Games are won by scoring goals - one Brian Clough, himself a prolific striker, once said 'it only takes a second to score a goal'..he also said that he scored as many with his backside as his head but it didn't matter because they all count as long as they go in.....

He is not saying he will not take the win. It's just that it is not deserved. You can tell the difference I hope !

Premier League only....

What a cunt.

they fucked up more because they were in charge of their own transfer and made an utter shitsack of it

pardew has been handed good players and a squad improving in quality since the moment he arrived, he's fucking incapable of managing it...it's contentious, i'll agree, and depends on what you value personally as to who you think has failed more - as i said imo KD and GS were both publicly tasked with righting the perceived faults of their predecessors and this was ultimately the only reason both were appointed

pardew had none of this shit going on, he took over a team on the up with few expectations, the quality of player has improved and performances have dipped with the exception of the 5th season which surely ever fucker now has to see as a total freakshow

Dalglish and Souness walked into sides with much better players than any we have now and cocked up completely leaving us a pale shadow of what we were. Face it nothing Pardews done anywhere near the damage that those 2 did to nufc.

Souness in particular has to be vilified he walked into a side that had finished 5th the previous season (iirc) tore it apart and after being given a fortune to spend screwed up his spending completely and his transfers at best did okay at worst were complete disasters that left us with wage wise a champions league side but nowhere near those places and it was the first step to our eventual relegation.

Aalreet.

Right, that's the introductions over with.  :lol:

It's funny how people can see the same event yet interpret it so differently. I saw an un-motivated, largely passive-as opposed to passionate-group of players who weren't sure what they were meant to be doing, who created almost nothing in the box, who were played out of position in some cases and who were beaten to the ball or hassled off it time and time again by inferior players. Almost a carbon copy of last April. Once was bad enough (especially with what followed the next week) but twice is unforgivable. Aye, the players need to take some of the blame but, in the main, all of the above is down to Pardew and his coaching team.

The time to get rid has long passed.

Fu*k off for saying it was the same as last April. Your comparison is as desgraceful as the loss we had in April.

Comments like this make me wonder how delusional some fans are.

Premier League only....

What a cunt.

Dalglish and Souness walked into sides with much better players than any we have now and cocked up completely leaving us a pale shadow of what we were. Face it nothing Pardews done anywhere near the damage that those 2 did to nufc.

Souness in particular has to be vilified he walked into a side that had finished 5th the previous season (iirc) tore it apart and after being given a fortune to spend screwed up his spending completely and his transfers at best did okay at worst were complete disasters that left us with wage wise a champions league side but nowhere near those places and it was the first step to our eventual relegation.

Look, I know what you're saying and the impact Souness had, for example, was obviously devastating long term but don't forget he was brought in to do what he did, very clearly by FS.

Going in circles man. They're all shite, the point I'm making is the others signed the players that sealed their fates. If Pardew was given 50m to spend on who he wanted how do you think would go from there on in? Better or worse than Souness?

No, he's been handed fillet steak and has served up fucking dog food.

He would have bought Darren Bent. That alone would have contributed to doing worse than Souness and effectively sealed his fate while also leaving the club in a worse state by having him on the wage bill until he was 34 years old.

The only thing im thrilled about, considering the predicament we are in, is that Pardew is not allowed to sign who he wants.

Premier League only....

What a cunt.

Look, I know what you're saying and the impact Souness had, for example, was obviously devastating long term but don't forget he was brought in to do what he did, very clearly by FS.

Going in circles man. They're all shite, the point I'm making is the others signed the players that sealed their fates. If Pardew was given 50m to spend on who he wanted how do you think would go from there on in? Better or worse than Souness?

That's an interesting take on it as the Pardew apologists would probably argue that he would be able to buy players which suited his long ball game more. I don't agree with it though, because I think he's a confused bloke who doesn't really have any convictions about football and probably changes his mind from week to week. So I reckon he'd still get us relegated.

Premier League only....

What a cunt.

Since I'm of the opinion a well trained dog could have spent money better than Souness did obviously better.

And no one got handed a better chance than him than Souness. What we have now and what Pardew has to work with is a team built not on any kind of intelligent plan or grand footballing philosophy what we got in a side built with two objectives 1 cheap 2 sell on. And it bloody shows the side is woefully imbalanced and severely lacking in key area's. This isn't any kind of squad that should automatically be competing around the european places its a side that stinks of mid table.

He would have bought Darren Bent. That alone would have contributed to doing worse than Souness and effectively sealed his fate while also leaving the club in a worse state by having him on the wage bill until he was 34 years old.

The only thing im thrilled about, considering the predicament we are in, is that Pardew is not allowed to sign who he wants.

Bet Southampton fans are glad he forced their chairman to lump 1 million on Lambert.

Well fucking said. Bent would have scored a few at the start too, I'm sure, like Remy. But he'd have been dragged down like the rest in the end.

As far as in concerned we were unlucky to lose the game and got unstuck by a super lucky fluke strike, there would have been only one team looking like was going to win it and it wasn't called Sunderland. End of.

As far as in concerned we were unlucky to lose the game and got unstuck by a super lucky fluke strike, there would have been only one team looking like was going to win it and it wasn't called Sunderland. End of.

Maybe they'll have another super lucky fluke strike and make it three wins in a row at St James. With Poyet stretching his super lucky fluke run to 6 wins over Pardypoops  :(

Bet Southampton fans are glad he forced their chairman to lump 1 million on Lambert.

Gabriel Obertan

That's an interesting take on it as the Pardew apologists would probably argue that he would be able to buy players which suited his long ball game more. I don't agree with it though, because I think he's a confused bloke who doesn't really have any convictions about football and probably changes his mind from week to week. So I reckon he'd still get us relegated.

If we go down this season it will be entirely down to Mike Ashley. He appointed and continues to employ Alan Pardew,who, it is generally agreed in this 22k-post thread, (:lol:) is rubbish.