Alan Pardew

Mike

My agruement remains the same though. Ashley could hire a foreign coach who will do the same as Pardew (PR wise), is used to the structure that we use, and would be far better tactically. This would be much more frugal for Ashley as he had to bail us out last time buying players, it would reduce his costs, and get fans back on side to a degree. Pardew will end up costing him more than he's saving

He could do that.  Pardew could also get us playing wildly attractive football that stretches the opposition to breaking point as he takes us on a magical mystery tour up the table.

Each possibility is about as likely as the other.

People have been posting quotes from his time at Southampton as if it was a secret how bad Pardew was.  EVERYONE, including Ashley, knew how bad he was when he got the job.  Coaching ability is not the driver in Ashley's hiring policy.

I feel like  I'm banging my head against a brick wall here. Just read what I've said. Ashley could get someone the same PR wise, as Pardew, can still tow the party line, but is a better coach on the same money.. Which would in fact save him money in the long run, which is all he cares about.

I understood.  And I'm saying it's as unlikely as Pardew finishing 5th again.

Pochettino, as an example of the young talented coach that could get more from the players and maybe even work under constraints, if the miracle occurred where he said "yes, my ambition has always been to work for Joe Kinnear, and I enjoy cleaning up controversial shit-storms created by the owner"...he wouldn't do it for a pay cut.  He was on double Pardew's basic at Espanyol.

Guest bimpy474

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a shit manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

Fucking ungrateful wankers man. Cunts like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

Come on Wullie, you're better than this. Don't see why you choose to be so bitter towards people for expressing an opinion different from yours.

Everyone was grateful for the jon Hughton did in getting us up, it's just that we didn't know if he was the person to take us forward. It's pointless to assess that opinion in hindsight because you don't like his replacement.

Ian, you didn't want Hughton but you're happy with Pardew. You're a total joke.

Truly baffled anyone could even think that, especially with the hindsight one has into it all now.

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a shit manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

Fucking ungrateful wankers man. Cunts like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

Come on Wullie, you're better than this. Don't see why you choose to be so bitter towards people for expressing an opinion different from yours.

Everyone was grateful for the jon Hughton did in getting us up, it's just that we didn't know if he was the person to take us forward. It's pointless to assess that opinion in hindsight because you don't like his replacement.

Wullie, I've never said either of those things. As usual, you simplify and/or ignore people's points to get a dig in.

Hughton is a better coach there is no doubt about that. He's one of the highest qualified coaches in the PL. He has a good knack with players and has continued to show this at Norwich.

dunno his time at Norwich hasn't exactly been impressive and its looking like he could be on his way before long

It's a very limited first 11 compared to ours.

after spending a fair wad of cash in the summer.

Truly baffled anyone could even think that, especially with the hindsight one has into it all now.

Just to say, that's not what I think.

Hughton is a better coach there is no doubt about that. He's one of the highest qualified coaches in the PL. He has a good knack with players and has continued to show this at Norwich.

dunno his time at Norwich hasn't exactly been impressive and its looking like he could be on his way before long

Eh? He took one of the smallest clubs in the premiership to 11th in his first season with them, how's that not reasonably impressive?

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a s*** manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

f***ing ungrateful w*****s man. c***s like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

It's such a nonsense point people take though Bimps. It's essentially Pardew isn't very good but his replacement might be worse. Oh right, so we have a thread about ALAN PARDEW where people talk about the fact he isn't very good. Any talk about the inability to find a suitable replacement should really be in the Kinnear and Ashley threads.

Guest bimpy474

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Hughton if he gets sacked by Norwich. Maybe a job lower down the leagues.

What like Birmingham in a 46 game season, where he got them very near the play offs despite playing in the Europa League, and doing well in it. Didn't hear Hughton say his squad wasn't big enough at every chance he had. And he did that at a Birmingham which was in a complete mess because of their nutty owner.

Admittedly the Championship is easier but the points still stand.

Guest neesy111

Well what was it last season? 

Think they knew they had to spend...We'll see at the end of the season...We're far more likely to be flirting with relegation than them imo...

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Hughton if he gets sacked by Norwich. Maybe a job lower down the leagues.

What like Birmingham in a 46 game season, where he got them very near the play offs despite playing in the Europa League, and doing well in it. Didn't hear Hughton say his squad wasn't big enough at every chance he had. And he did that at a Birmingham which was in a complete mess because of their nutty owner.

Birmingham were also in a complete and utter shambles at the time.

Think they knew they had to spend...We'll see at the end of the season...We're far more likely to be flirting with relegation than them imo...

Than Norwich?

Guest bimpy474

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a s*** manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

f***ing ungrateful w*****s man. c***s like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

It's such a nonsense point people take though Bimps. It's essentially Pardew isn't very good but his replacement might be worse. Oh right, so we have a thread about ALAN PARDEW where people talk about the fact he isn't very good. Any talk about the inability to find a suitable replacement should really be in the Kinnear and Ashley threads.

I do admit we could actually end up with worse, imo it's daft to say we wouldn't as it is possible. Personally i want to see us take the risk. For me Pardew is and will drag us down. I'd rather try and get a better manager which is the more likely outcome, than stick with this idiot.

Guest icemanblue

Wullie, I've never said either of those things. As usual, you simplify and/or ignore people's points to get a dig in.

I was just wondering what Wullie's post count is like, from Sunday on. He hadn't been around much during the better performances, but he's certainly making his presence felt now. Like some kind of cheerleader for extreme, melodramatic negativity.

Not looking to get involved, like. Had enough of it. Just thought I'd point it out.

Guest bimpy474

Hehe, as i said in that post, with very bad grammar.....:lol:

:thup: If you look at the expenditure it's hardly anymore than the likes of Crystal Palace and a load of other teams anyway. Not to mention they have had one of the hardest starts to the league.

Hughton wanted to bring Steve Clarke in and was looking forward to expanding the coaching footprint and knowledge base at the club...He was sacked 2 weeks later. Wildly underrated because he has a low key media image.

Eh? He took one of the smallest clubs in the premiership to 11th in his first season with them, how's that not reasonably impressive?

going by opinions on Norwich forums which there appears to be a fair number want him out this quote was interesting

OUT - He did his job last season (I don't care about all the "highest position for 20 years rubbish"; we just sneaked it) and that was time to say thanks but cheerio.  I was lambasted at the time, but slowly others are waking up to the fact that Mr Christopher Hughton does not have the skills to manage and progress Norwich City Football Club in the Premier League.  I don't dispute that he's a lovely chap, he's got good pedigree as a coach, but he's not the correct person to lead a management team.

Guest bimpy474

Hughton wanted to bring Steve Clarke in and was looking forward to expanding the coaching footprint and knowledge base at the club...He was sacked 2 weeks later. Wildly underrated because he has a low key media image.

Fair point he had us mid table in the Premiership on our return, and did that without the help of a no.2 after Ashley and Llambias wouldn't let him appoint one.

Than Norwich?

3 points above us last season Ian. 3 points below us this.

I was just wondering what Wullie's post count is like, from Sunday on. He hadn't been around much during the better performances, but he's certainly making his presence felt now. Like some kind of cheerleader for extreme, melodramatic negativity.

Not looking to get involved, like. Had enough of it. Just thought I'd point it out.

The negative posters on here are the likes of you and Ian, happy to slurp up whatever Ashley and Pardew offer you. Some of us want the club to do better.

Hehe, as i said in that post, with very bad grammar.....:lol:

Sorry Bimps, actually didn't see that you said that.

Guest neesy111

:thup: If you look at the expenditure it's hardly anymore than the likes of Crystal Palace and a load of other teams anyway. Not to mention they have had one of the hardest starts to the league.

They are only a win from being in a mix of a few teams tbf.  Likewise we and a few more teams are only 3 points from being right next to the drop zone.

TBF to Brett, Hughton only had us 11th, after being promoted after & spending £7m (ish) over the summer, with 3 of the more memorable wins of recent times under his belt already in the season. He needed to go as that obviously wasn't good enough. We needed Captain Dickface to come and save us from inevitable collapse to lead us to more or less the same position 3 seasons later despite an influx of so called better international players and 3 seasons of PL football behind us.