Alan Pardew

Mike

We can have the ball all day and knock it sideways and backwards as much as we like, that wouldn't win a game against non league teams. We resorted to long strikes, as per, and if any goal was fortunate, it was ours. We were out-pardewed by a "bit if magic" ffs.

The best team won on the day because they had more desire, more work rate, more movement and a more direct style of play. We take a fucking age to build up play, we can't break down sides because we give them all the time in the world to organise their side once we have the ball. Then while we're trying to break them down our static positioning means we don't get anywhere, inevitably they read one of our passes easily, dispossess us and hit us hard and fast.

This happens every game, every fucking game, and yet we still plod along with the same tactic. Then in the games where we're out classed in possession we sit back, soak up pressure (:lol:) and try and hit it forward as fast as possible to the one player past the 18 yard line. We've never perfected the fast pass and move counter attack.

We're so predictable it's depressing!

Guest reefatoon

Controversially, I thought you were the better team and deserved to win it.

Sunderland were all huff and puff and impressively closing the ball down, but once they started to get tired, I thought you looked significantly better than them.

They might have looked stronger in some sense in that first half, but football is played over two halves, not one, and there was no way they were going to keep up that effort for 90 minutes.

The fact that you managed to fashion no points out of that is a bit perplexing, to be honest. Although, in mitigation, you were beaten by a cracking shot. That sort of thing doesn't happen every week.

I don't know about the throwing points away thing, mind, maybe that happens more often than you'd like.

It was the first goal that beat us, we don't come back from being a goal behind, it's something we are incapable of doing.  If we had grabbed an early goal they would have folded, instead we came out, started absolutely atrociously and went a goal behind. From then on, no matter how much huffing and puffing we put in we wouldn't have turned it around, we are a team incapable of coming back from behind.  It's a problem from top to bottom.

It took poyet 2 games to get into his players minds sufficiently enough to get them playing like they knew what that particular game was all about.  Pardew's had 3 years and even if you go from the last Derby, he's had 6 months...and we end up with a performance like that??  :explode:

It took poyet 2 games to get into his players minds sufficiently enough to get them playing like they knew what that particular game was all about.  Pardew's had 3 years and even if you go from the last Derby, he's had 6 months...and we end up with a performance like that??  :explode:

Took Di Canio 2 games too. It'd take the fucking Chuckle Brothers 2 games.

I don't really understand what's being argued.

It was a game in which either a draw or a defeat would have been completely unacceptable, and the manager takes responsibility for that failure.

That's as much as anyone needs to know.

I think the animosity to numbers and pictures on here is getting silly.  When SSN hoy up a manager's WLD record on screen, which they do following EVERY sacking, do the readers on N-O blanket them with emails about "lies, damn lies and statistics"? 

It's nowt more than a topic for discussion recognised globally as an interesting measure of how a manager did in his time.

The corner stat is f***ing atrocious and warrants discussion.  Last season, being the team that hit more long balls than anyone else warranted discussion. 

The data on Alan Pardew's Newcastle isn't big enough to make ANY categoric claims whatsoever, but no-one's claiming something like Pardew reversing the number of long balls so this season we've hit less than 90% of the leagues teams makes him in any way a competent manager.  It's just another interesting tidbit that clearly says something about a change in his and the teams methods.  No-one (maybe CT?) thinks Marveaux should start because he got most assists last season, or that it should make him a big transfer target from other teams applying the moneyball approach.  But it is something to note as interesting.  To me at least.

It warrants discussion, or if not discussion, then at least a mention.

Generating discussion is surely what a forum is about, especially (for example) if a poster claims Pardew is still being a hoofball merchant.

He's on his 5th album now and still knocking out 2 trackers. Where the f*** is the concept album?!!

He's never been capable of it in any job he's ever had.

Ashley doesn't want a concept album though, He wants one of them £2.99 90's compilations you get by the tills in Morrisons.

It's like going to Sports Direct and complaining that they don't have any Gucci suits for sale and should sack the store manager for not stocking them.

Is Pardew the store manager? Woeful analogy if so.

You're right.  A store manager gets to choose their staff.

It was a game in which either a draw or a defeat would have been completely unacceptable, and the manager takes responsibility for that failure.

:thup:

Yeah but where do I get these suits?

Ashley is not going to hire a foreign coach in, howay be realistic man. We went from Hughton to Pardew ffs, if he wanted a foreign coach, we would have had one by now.

But we have a foreign team...

Ashley is not going to hire a foreign coach in, howay be realistic man. We went from Hughton to Pardew ffs, if he wanted a foreign coach, we would have had one by now.

Only because the English players cost too much money  :lol: still get cheap coaches hanging  around these days.

Only because the English players cost too much money  :lol: still get cheap coaches hanging  around these days.

Foreign coaches are pretty poorly paid in France compared to Eng.

I think the animosity to numbers and pictures on here is getting silly.  When SSN hoy up a manager's WLD record on screen, which they do following EVERY sacking, do the readers on N-O blanket them with emails about "lies, damn lies and statistics"? 

It's nowt more than a topic for discussion recognised globally as an interesting measure of how a manager did in his time.

The corner stat is f***ing atrocious and warrants discussion.  Last season, being the team that hit more long balls than anyone else warranted discussion. 

The data on Alan Pardew's Newcastle isn't big enough to make ANY categoric claims whatsoever, but no-one's claiming something like Pardew reversing the number of long balls so this season we've hit less than 90% of the leagues teams makes him in any way a competent manager.  It's just another interesting tidbit that clearly says something about a change in his and the teams methods.  No-one (maybe CT?) thinks Marveaux should start because he got most assists last season, or that it should make him a big transfer target from other teams applying the moneyball approach.  But it is something to note as interesting.  To me at least.

It warrants discussion, or if not discussion, then at least a mention.

Generating discussion is surely what a forum is about, especially (for example) if a poster claims Pardew is still being a hoofball merchant.

He's on his 5th album now and still knocking out 2 trackers. Where the f*** is the concept album?!!

He's never been capable of it in any job he's ever had.

Ashley doesn't want a concept album though, He wants one of them £2.99 90's compilations you get by the tills in Morrisons.

It's like going to Sports Direct and complaining that they don't have any Gucci suits for sale and should sack the store manager for not stocking them.

Is Pardew the store manager? Woeful analogy if so.

You're right. 

FYP.

Even JFK, you honestly believe he's going to be suggesting someone from France to hire. It will be someone who they think they can trust and probably know in some way shape or form. He's had plenty of opportunities to bring in a foreign coach and we have never went with it. Baffling to think why he would chance that now.

My agruement remains the same though. Ashley could hire a foreign coach who will do the same as Pardew (PR wise), is used to the structure that we use, and would be far better tactically. This would be much more frugal for Ashley as he had to bail us out last time buying players, it would reduce his costs, and get fans back on side to a degree. Pardew will end up costing him more than he's saving

He could do that.  Pardew could also get us playing wildly attractive football that stretches the opposition to breaking point as he takes us on a magical mystery tour up the table.

Each possibility is about as likely as the other.

People have been posting quotes from his time at Southampton as if it was a secret how bad Pardew was.  EVERYONE, including Ashley, knew how bad he was when he got the job.  Coaching ability is not the driver in Ashley's hiring policy.

Because PL survival on a shoestring is paramount - actual placement, 1-17 doesn't matter no matter what the stated "targets" are - and Pardew is capable, barely, of achieving that. So long as that's all that matters to him, Ashley's not going to fix what isn't broken and take a chance on a new manager, domestic or foreign, no matter how cheap.

Guest reefatoon

Just seen him saying he's rotating the squad tonight.

f***ing w*****.

It's his "Get out of jail free" card for when we get humped. You know we have no interest in cup competitions anymore, still, I might go along and ask him to give me a wave.

Even JFK, you honestly believe he's going to be suggesting someone from France to hire. It will be someone who they think they can trust and probably know in some way shape or form. He's had plenty of opportunities to bring in a foreign coach and we have never went with it. Baffling to think why he would chance that now.

We used to buy English players as well, baffling that it changed tbh

You can dream of some hidden gem of a foreign coach taking over ST but you know deep down you will be disappointed with a shit appointment if Pardew was to go just as i was when i was when i was yelling for Hughton to be sacked for months. Our owner is a clueless cunt and till he is gone, we aren't moving forward on the manager scale of things. I credit him on his transfer policy as although it does have it's restrictions, on the whole it's actually very pleasing hence the decent side that has been built. As for managers go though, it's one mistake after another, and the chances of that changing are very very slim.

:thup:

Hard to argue a draw would be 'completely unacceptable' like. In an away derby, with all our CBs out. "Slightly disappointing" maybe.

You can dream of some hidden gem of a foreign coach taking over ST but you know deep down you will be disappointed with a s*** appointment if Pardew was to go just as i was when i was when i was yelling for Hughton to be sacked for months. Our owner is a clueless c*** and till he is gone, we aren't moving forward on the manager scale of things. I credit him on his transfer policy as although it does have it's restrictions, on the whole it's actually very pleasing hence the decent side that has been built. As for managers go though, it's one mistake after another, and the chances of that changing are very very slim.

You wanted Hughton sacked?

We should be winning these games, end of. They were bottom on one point for a reason. IMO we deserved nothing and it was a shambles from start to finish. No fight, passion, desire nothing. You have to earn it from the start but this sadly wasn't evident.

Mind its hardly surprising that we are seeing these types of performances considering the drivel pardew has come out over the last 18 months. Moaning about playing in Europe, not wanting to focus on the cups etc. Little by little he has lowered expectations, no wonder we have been so inconsistent. I think most would agree that they would struggle for motivation to play under fraud.

It's time people started making their feeling known towards him at the games. He doesn't care about us and this proud football club. He doesn't care about winning trophies or challenging to get into Europe. He's just there to be a salesman for Ashley, to lower expectation and try makes us feel grateful for premiership football. Pathetic that there's a minority of fans who can't see that.

Aye because he's shit. I wanted us to go foreign or at least upgrade to a manager worthy of taking us forward. Didn't expect us to side step or arguably downgrade with Pardew. As it stands i'm not really fussed for the argument between Pardew/Hughton as to who is better as they are both poor managers in this league and should count themselves lucky in the jobs they have.

Guest reefatoon

Aye because he's s***. I wanted us to go foreign or at least upgrade to a manager worthy of taking us forward. Didn't expect us to side step or arguably downgrade with Pardew. As it stands i'm not really fussed for the argument between Pardew/Hughton as to who is better as they are both poor managers in this league and should count themselves lucky in the jobs they have.

Well in that case why the fuck were you screaming for Hughton to be sacked but are not for Pardew?  Cuckoo!