Alan Pardew

Mike

Same boring shite for the majority of the game, lovely 20 minute spell where we looked like a half-decent football team though.  Still think he's very much the wrong man for the job, completely out of his depth and pretty much lucked out today, especially in the sense he was forced to bring Anita on.  Not sure what Sissoko is doing to deserve his place in the side, but you stop asking questions when you realise your manager is a total mook who thinks it's cool to start Shola Ameobi in 2013 FFS.

His comments before and after the game were fucking appalling and disrespectful to the fans, a set of people that say a great deal more about the city of Newcastle and the club itself than that sycophantic arsehole.

TLDR, Ian?  Still can't stand him.  Doesn't mean I don't love the club and am not happy with the result.  Credit to Pardew today?  A bit, not much.  The way we were set up we could have been 2 or 3 down by half time if Chelsea were on the ball.

Takes a special kind of effort to come away from a 2-0 win against title challengers with that much of a negative outlook.

Come off it man. 

"lovely 20 minute spell where we looked like a half-decent football team though."

"Doesn't mean I don't love the club and am not happy with the result."

Positive stuff.  The bits where I wasn't slagging off your hero, who is a total cunt and also shit.

9th is about as good as I'd expect from Pardew with this squad, said a few weeks back we're too inconsistent for a relegation scrap and too inconsistent for a top 6 challenge. We'll win as many as we lose come May and finish with around 50-52 points in about where we are. A better manager and I think we'd be pushing higher.

What would you expect from someone who isn't Pardew?

9th is about as good as I'd expect from Pardew with this squad, said a few weeks back we're too inconsistent for a relegation scrap and too inconsistent for a top 6 challenge. We'll win as many as we lose come May and finish with around 50-52 points in about where we are. A better manager and I think we'd be pushing higher.

That's about the gist of it. There were actually a couple of spells in that second half where we really put some good passes together with intent behind them and it shows there's some real talent in this squad. Three games against Liverpool, City and Chelsea shows we can live in this company. It would be nice to think we'll be able to show the same coherence week in week out, but I thought that before the Hull game where we ended up all over the place. We'll finish around mid-table I think, a few places lower than we should expect with this squad.

Our squads paper thin but i think we have, on paper at least, the best starting XI we've had in a decade. It's just a shame we don't get the best out of them.

I wouldn't say our 12th to say, 18th players are particularly worse in comparison to the other squads beneath the "top 6".

Our squads paper thin but i think we have, on paper at least, the best starting XI we've had in a decade. It's just a shame we don't get the best out of them.

I wouldn't say our 12th to say, 18th players are particularly worse in comparison to the other squads beneath the "top 6".

Possibly not. We are regularly exposed though and the club refuse to learn from it. The CB situation hasn't changed in what, three transfer windows?

Possibly not. We are regularly exposed though and the club refuse to learn from it. The CB situation hasn't changed in what, three transfer windows?

The CB's did particularly well today against the likes of Torres, Oscar and Hazard, and they were probably our 3rd and 4th choice players. I think I heard something about us having the 6th biggest wage bill in the country today so we really aren't as weak as we like to make out.

Guest Slippery Sam

Pardew v Man City : P 6, W 0, D 0, L 6, F 3, A 19

Pardew v Chelsea : P 6, W 3, D 1, L 2, F 9, A 9

Weird.

Chelsea don't seem to like coming up here for some reason and they rarely do.

The commentator was talking about Shola making his debut against them. Who can forget that glorious moment when he had that shithead dwarf by the throat.

Pardew v Man City : P 6, W 0, D 0, L 6, F 3, A 19

Pardew v Chelsea : P 6, W 3, D 1, L 2, F 9, A 9

Weird.

Chelsea don't seem to like coming up here for some reason and they rarely do.

Aye, memories of desailly being turned inside out by shearer and jimmy-Floyd own goals spring to mind.

The CB's did particularly well today against the likes of Torres, Oscar and Hazard, and they were probably our 3rd and 4th choice players. I think I heard something about us having the 6th biggest wage bill in the country today so we really aren't as weak as we like to make out.

I ain't slating the CB's, far from it. But for the last couple of years we've had 4 CBs, one of which is Steven Taylor, who can't play more than half a season. Last year Danny Simpson had to play at CB and this year Dummet had to. That's suicidal management of the squad.