Alan Pardew

Mike

If anything boiled my piss from that Llambias interview it was the announcement that we would be aiming for the top 10. Now I know the apologists have come out with the inference that top 10 could mean finishing 3rd (ha ha) but we know this is a crock of shit don't we? Why not say we are aiming for Europe at least? Or if they can't get that past their weasely throats then just don't mention any finishing positions? Do they even realise what Newcastle United means to English football?

He said top 10 'at least'.

Guest neesy111

If anything boiled my piss from that Llambias interview it was the announcement that we would be aiming for the top 10. Now I know the apologists have come out with the inference that top 10 could mean finishing 3rd (ha ha) but we know this is a crock of shit don't we? Why not say we are aiming for Europe at least? Or if they can't get that past their weasely throats then just don't mention any finishing positions? Do they even realise what Newcastle United means to English football?

It was top 8 for the 2011/12 season.  So if anything expectations have decreased.

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play. There’s been too much chopping and changing, but that may be partly due to the fact that the priority has been looking for bargains / up and coming young players and the squad has ended up unbalanced.

We’ve now got some good young players coming through so I don’t feel we need to worry about the longer-term future. We need to pick up the 2 or 3 players, of whatever age and whether or not on loan, that can bring coherence and confidence to the first team.

This does seem to be the general strategy for this transfer window, so let’s wait and see.

If he had any clarity about how he wants to play he'd have made sure he got the players to fit his vision in the last two years. It's more likely he never really had any vision and keeps changing it every time a plan goes wrong, much like his management on the pitch over 90 mins.

I guess this is the difference in perspective, because in the life cycle of a football club, two years isn’t that long. In fact, in any job, your first two years is often a learning experience in which you make mistakes. The real test is your ability to then put things right.

Of course, your boss can decide to sack you and bring someone else in who’s going to start from scratch, but that’s not always the best move.

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play. There’s been too much chopping and changing, but that may be partly due to the fact that the priority has been looking for bargains / up and coming young players and the squad has ended up unbalanced.

We’ve now got some good young players coming through so I don’t feel we need to worry about the longer-term future. We need to pick up the 2 or 3 players, of whatever age and whether or not on loan, that can bring coherence and confidence to the first team.

This does seem to be the general strategy for this transfer window, so let’s wait and see.

If he had any clarity about how he wants to play he'd have made sure he got the players to fit his vision in the last two years. It's more likely he never really had any vision and keeps changing it every time a plan goes wrong, much like his management on the pitch over 90 mins.

I guess this is the difference in perspective, because in the life cycle of a football club, two years isn’t that long. In fact, in any job, your first two years is often a learning experience in which you make mistakes. The real test is your ability to then put things right.

Of course, your boss can decide to sack you and bring someone else in who’s going to start from scratch, but that’s not always the best move.

Everyone seems to thing this view is beneath contempt for some reason. We've been conditioned to believe that two seasons is ages.

Id never want nufc...even if we had souness back and we played like s*** and won, ill take it everday of the week then.losing

That can't be true. If I told you we had to lose the first five games 3-zip to win the Premiership next season you'd take it. You just, correctly, wouldn't believe there was a correlation between those games and our ability to win the league.

Harm in the present can result in greater and sustainable good in the future IMO.

Crazy comments...how would i ever know nufc would ever be nailed on championship winners....if you approached me and said that shit id laugh at you and still want nufc to win every game possible.  there is never a need to want nufc to lose if you support the club....time traveling or not

Everyone seems to thing this view is beneath contempt for some reason. We've been conditioned to believe that two seasons is ages.

I don't think 2 seasons is ages, I do think there should be some kind of visible strategy within 2 years

Top 10 shouldn't be the benchmark period.

Top 7 and us having a proper go at one of the cups should be our aim for next season. We were 12th  with a poorer squad when Pardew took over so him getting us to 10th next season wouldn't be an achievement.

To be fair to Pardew, if he has no say on transfers and he isn't good at carpet football, what he could do is either play shit or resign.  Ultimately it's the 2 cunts who should bear the most blame.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

To be fair to Pardew, if he has no say on transfers and he isn't good at carpet football, what he could do is either play shit or resign.  Ultimately it's the 2 cunts who should bear the most blame.

Interesting point of discussion, I guess.

Manager Style - Defensive and Long Ball

Players Signed - Passers and Dribblers

Senior Coaches - Fast & Direct style

Or develop his approach.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Or develop his approach.

How many coaches/managers can you think of that have redeveloped their approach and philosophy? I can only really think of one.

Or develop his approach.

How many coaches/managers can you think of that have redeveloped their approach and philosophy? I can only really think of one.

Not sure TBH. What is unique about this situation is that he knows he has a certain style of player to work with, he knows the owner expects better, and he doesn't even seem to have a style that's uniquely his own anyway. Hope he can improve anyway.

Guest neesy111

This goes back to our transfer policy.  It's a flawed approach, the manager should always be signing the players and scouts their to help him identify targets.

This goes back to our transfer policy.  It's a flawed approach, the manager should always be signing the players and scouts their to help him identify targets.

This is happening less and less all over the world though isn't it? Clubs have to look after their long-term health, they can't buy and sell an entire team whenever the manager is sacked.

To be fair to Pardew, if he has no say on transfers and he isn't good at carpet football, what he could do is either play s*** or resign.  Ultimately it's the 2 c***s who should bear the most blame.

Or develop his approach.

Not sure TBH. What is unique about this situation is that he knows he has a certain style of player to work with, he knows the owner expects better, and he doesn't even seem to have a style that's uniquely his own anyway. Hope he can improve anyway.

To be crude about it. I think in his head he knows but his problem is that his ar*ehole falls out at thought of playing the ball on the deck around the midfield where ity might be intercepted and one pass takes an opposition player through his ridiculously high defensive line.

To be fair to Pardew, if he has no say on transfers and he isn't good at carpet football, what he could do is either play s*** or resign.  Ultimately it's the 2 c***s who should bear the most blame.

Or develop his approach.

To be crude about it. I think in his head he knows but his problem is that his ar*ehole falls out at thought of playing the ball on the deck around the midfield where ity might be intercepted and one pass takes an opposition player through his ridiculously high defensive line.

You might be right, if that's true then he's finished here anyway. We'll see.

I thought it's been confirmed Pardew and Carr have to sign off on a player? Pardew picks a position, Carr goes to his big book of names and picks out the three best, he says who he prefers and if Pardew doesn't agree the deal doesn't go ahead. At least that's how I've heard it described a few times.

I think people are upset so they're kicking out and anything and everything. Our transfer policy is one of the few facets of club management that the board have got bang on IMO. It's probably the last thing we should be complaining about.

I thought it's been confirmed Pardew and Carr have to sign off on a player? Pardew picks a position, Carr goes to his big book of names and picks out the three best, he says who he prefers and if Pardew doesn't agree the deal doesn't go ahead. At least that's how I've heard it described a few times.

I think people are upset so they're kicking out and anything and everything. Our transfer policy is one of the few facets of club management that the board have got bang on IMO. It's probably the last thing we should be complaining about.

Spot on mon ami.

Yet we've still went a full 2 and a half seasons without a replacement target man which Pardew clearly wants. Our transfer system is great to a degree but it's no where near as expansive as it should be.

Yet we've still went a full 2 and a half seasons without a replacement target man which Pardew clearly wants. Our transfer system is great to a degree but it's no where near as expansive as it should be.

That wasn't an issue 12 months ago when we had Ba and Cisse. Adequately replacing Best was more of an issue for me than replacing Carroll, because we didn't have a striker of Premier League quality on the bench who we can rely on.

Pardew didn't need a target man last season, and when he reverted to that particular style of football Shola and Ba were adequate enough for the game we wanted to play.

I feel sick at the thought they've kept him on. I really cannot get behind him next season, hope loads of people vote with their feet, the lack of ambition the club are showing is sickening.

Can't see too many of the players being happy.

Guest neesy111

Really?

We have 1 goal scoring striker in our squad.  No genuine width and a severely unbalanced squad in general.  We didn't look like a team at all during the whole of the season, to me that's down to how our transfer policy is shaping our squad. That's not a good transfer policy imo and I said in January it's a flawed one.

This is me defending Pardew btw, as he hasn't been provided with the right players.