Alan Pardew

Mike

Hughton's (whose football was somehow worse than what we produced this year) team spirit, while this season's failure lies at the feet of Pardew.

That is an absolute load of tosh.

I was about to post the same.

I'm not trying to make it an indictment of Hughton, brother. I think he's a thoroughly average and acceptable manager that presents the club well in the media, and I am very pleased we gave him a chance to show his talents. It probably wasn't coming otherwise. If you think I'm referencing the football he played in the Championship and his half season in the Premiership, that's not what I meant. It was a reference to this season.

I think they've been one of the worst sides in the entire league since December. They were in free fall even more than we were, imo. Their season ended like ours in that they only stayed up because of some late wins against sides who were already relegated or on holiday. They also play horrible, blunt football, with absolutely no ambition. They have a lower standard of player, but that doesn't excuse how poor it's been. It looks like they'll have some better players and therefore higher expectations next season. If it doesn't improve, he'll be unemployed, like Mr. Pardew.

Part 2 of the season review...

Moyes has trouble at man utd

7th/8th best place team at the minute

If we stand still we're going backwards because every other club has extra funds

Trying to threaten liverpool/everton

Our fullbacks attacking have cost us goals

Debuchy can get 2 or 3 goals next year

Santon has grown as a man

Need more dominance at CB

You need a 6 foot 4 to head it in in this division

Set plays to blame for our low scoring wins

Every loaned player could go back out next year

Campbell knocking on the door, big year next year

Not targeting any particular market this summer

CB being targeted due to Colo

Already identified who he wants for next season

We weren't in for RVP

:lol:

It looks like our fullbacks aren't going to get forward too often next season.

Guest neesy111

Hughton's (whose football was somehow worse than what we produced this year) team spirit, while this season's failure lies at the feet of Pardew.

That is an absolute load of tosh.

I was about to post the same.

I'm not trying to make it an indictment of Hughton, brother. I think he's a thoroughly average and acceptable manager that presents the club well in the media, and I am very pleased we gave him a chance to show his talents. It probably wasn't coming otherwise. If you think I'm referencing the football he played in the Championship and his half season in the Premiership, that's not what I meant. It was a reference to this season.

I think they've been one of the worst sides in the entire league since December. They were in free fall even more than we were, imo. Their season ended like ours in that they only stayed up because of some late wins against sides who were already relegated or on holiday. They also play horrible, blunt football, with absolutely no ambition. They have a lower standard of player, but that doesn't excuse how poor it's been. It looks like they'll have some better players and therefore higher expectations next season. If it doesn't improve, he'll be unemployed, like Mr. Pardew.

They still finished above us and scored 7 goals in their last 2 games and spent a heck a lot less than us this season.  We played the most long balls in the league, which perfectly describes how bad our style of play was.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/887?cc=5739

Hardly a staunch defence of his man from Llambias -- in fact, he didn't even name Pardew.

The hope of a 'top 10 finish' is incredibly underwhelming and unambitious -- in other words where West Ham finished this season a mere five points ahead of Pardew's useless side.

'Stability' is once again the buzz word. Abysmal, ugly, off-putting football, but at least it will be dished up by the same manager.

My biggest concern now is that the poisonous feeling towards Pardew that built up over the season and quickly escalated as the club were sucked deeper into a relegation battle will return at the very start of next season.

Do I think Pardew is capable of turning things around? Not at all -- his lack of even the most basic of ideas is plain for all to see and his track record at previous clubs he's managed is largely miserable. But if the crowd are in opposition to him going into the season then he has absolutely no chance of improving things. Yet another season will be wasted.

That is not to say that there was a negative atmosphere at St James' Park last season, far from it. The supporters were the only superb and consistent thing about the club.

So a top ten Premier League finish is the 'ambition'. This is a football club with the eighth-highest average attendance in world football and a top 20 world club in terms of revenue (they've been in the top ten in that category in the recent past).

Ambition? There's none to be found here. If there was, Alan Pardew would have been fired. At least we have 'stability' though...

I don't think the transfer policy is that good. We sign players for positions but we don't look greatly at the type of player.

I heard a story about SAF. He was going to sign either Cole or Collymore. He went with Cole because he's better in tight spaces, twisting and turning. Where as Collymore was more of a flat-track bully, perfect for counter-attacks. But Man Utd. often played against deep defences so he went with Cole.

We wouldn't analyse it that way. He's good, he's good but A's 30% cheaper we'll go for him is our approach. With Marveaux/Gosling we just signed them because they're meant to be good and available on a free. It's opportunistic rather than cerebral. Has its perks, HBA for example. Quality player, available for cheap - signed. But it's not great for building a team. Players are signed because they're good value, rather than because of their specific skillset.

I'd hope we would. In fact I'm pretty certain the discussion about a new player would go beyond Pardew texting Carr "OMG i need a left bck k thx bi x"

There's a lot of people stating speculation as fact. Why did we got for someone like MYM when we could've got someone like Nicolas Isimat-Mirin for a fraction of the price?

Already a small side, why would we sign Anita? He's a good player but was not what was needed.

I know Pardew wanted Carroll so I assume he wanted to utilise his strengths and that he would suit the team. None of the attackers we have signed or in that mould.

Moussa... he doesn't know where to play him.  From what I know he spent the majority of his time in France at CM or wide. He was #10/upfront for us. Anita the link between defence and midfield for Ajax, never done that for us. Gouff played as a #9, only hand a handful of games in that role for us. SO yeah, I don't think we sign players based on wanting them to play the way they did for their clubs. They're just "good" and we try to fit them in some how.

If we stand still we're going backwards because every other club has extra funds

We weren't in for RVP

Just fucking shut up Pardew, we aren't 7/8th best team are we, you need to prove that next season. How is Debuchy going to score if you stop him attacking.

Basically talking about more defending and scoring by having 6ft 4 players and launching ball as opposed to clever plays. You don't need a 6ft 4 to head in this division as most of top teams don't fucking have that you total clown.

For Man U, Evra scored a header against us, it's about routines man and good set pieces rather than height, height, height.

We weren't in for RVP

Just f***ing shut up Pardew, we aren't 7/8th best team are we, you need to prove that next season. How is Debuchy going to score if you stop him attacking.

Basically talking about more defending and scoring by having 6ft 4 players and launching ball as opposed to clever plays. You don't need a 6ft 4 to head in this division as most of top teams don't f***ing have that you total clown.

For Man U, Evra scored a header against us, it's about routines man and good set pieces rather than height, height, height.

Like that is real man, use your brain  :lol:

The moyes thing is a dead giveaway, dead gullible you lot.  :laugh:

We weren't in for RVP

Just fucking shut up Pardew, we aren't 7/8th best team are we, you need to prove that next season. How is Debuchy going to score if you stop him attacking.

Basically talking about more defending and scoring by having 6ft 4 players and launching ball as opposed to clever plays. You don't need a 6ft 4 to head in this division as most of top teams don't fucking have that you total clown.

Awesome  :lol:

We weren't in for RVP

Just f***ing shut up Pardew, we aren't 7/8th best team are we, you need to prove that next season. How is Debuchy going to score if you stop him attacking.

Basically talking about more defending and scoring by having 6ft 4 players and launching ball as opposed to clever plays. You don't need a 6ft 4 to head in this division as most of top teams don't f***ing have that you total clown.

Engage my brain? - it looks like exactly the delusional shit he would come out with (Oh and have had a bit too much wine, maybe time to log off :lol:)

We weren't in for RVP

Engage my brain? - it looks like exactly the delusional shit he would come out with (Oh and have had a bit too much wine, maybe time to log off :lol:)

:lol: yeah, the post above mine was probably the one you wanted to quote as well like.  :lol:

We weren't in for RVP

Engage my brain? - it looks like exactly the delusional s*** he would come out with (Oh and have had a bit too much wine, maybe time to log off :lol:)

:lol: yeah, the post above mine was probably the one you wanted to quote as well like.  :lol:

Na I meant to capture all the lols at me :)

We weren't in for RVP

Mole, you're such a dopey bugger at times like.

I'm not being funny, if that's real then I don't know what to say.  I thoroughly disagree with almost every single point there.

So it really is real and it wasn't just the wine making me thick as fuck, Jesus Christ the blokes a total clown

It's not really about routines either, tbh. It's mostly about good delivery and players who want to attack the ball.

Well yes, but requires a certain amount of players making sure they drag defenders and make the runs. Still comes from training ground and routines driven out from there

We weren't in for RVP

Mole, you're such a dopey bugger at times like.

YES, i'm not a total Mong, just partial whoooop :lol:

I'm not being funny, if that's real then I don't know what to say.  I thoroughly disagree with almost every single point there.

So it really is real and it wasn't just the wine making me thick as fuck, Jesus Christ the blokes a total clown

Jack has summarised it pretty well to be fair, although it naturally reads a lot worse in bullet points than it comes across from the horse's mouth.

I know the two interviews have just been lip service for the most part, but there are some crumbs of positivity to take from them like a few acknowledgements of his own failings, an apparent clear plan for transfers this summer and the stuff about all the young players going back out on loan/Adam Campbell being primed to push on while staying here.