Alan Pardew

Mike

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my p*ss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the s**** that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

or am I I just being hyper-sensitive (time of the month) :crazy2:

I think you are a bit, he's just saying they're trying to keep prices down. Which is something they should be applauded for and many other clubs should be following.

Asley has taken money out of the club, we didn't have to raise prices at the gate to be able to fund transfers. And before you say anything, the loans he made to the club were brought about because of the incompetence of him and his MD which brought about relegation in the first place.

I'd say the previous administration who took out loans that they would've struggled to pay back probably need to shoulder some of the blame.

I thought that the loans we've paid back, partially, were from the relegation season. The earlier loans are still on the books. Also, it was always claimed before relegation that Ashley wouldn't be looking to take any money out of the club which we now know was complete bollocks.

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my p*ss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the s**** that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

I think you are a bit, he's just saying they're trying to keep prices down. Which is something they should be applauded for and many other clubs should be following.

Asley has taken money out of the club, we didn't have to raise prices at the gate to be able to fund transfers. And before you say anything, the loans he made to the club were brought about because of the incompetence of him and his MD which brought about relegation in the first place.

There's no point in going back through this argument as well.

Why not? We could have spent an extra £12 million and had the same affordable football.

I'd say the previous administration who took out loans that they would've struggled to pay back probably need to shoulder some of the blame.

I thought that the loans we've paid back, partially, were from the relegation season. The earlier loans are still on the books. Also, it was always claimed before relegation that Ashley wouldn't be looking to take any money out of the club which we now know was complete bollocks.

Ashley loaned us money to cover the other loans that had already been taken out and weren't particularly favourable to the club. That's common knowledge. He put more money in when we went down (rightly so, it was his own fault).

As for taking money out I've always assumed that it was beyond what he put in as loans.

Europa cup again next season I reckon. Either that or a good cup run- this is something I have been very disappointed with newcastle over the last 5+ years, not taking the early stages of cups seriously and getting knocked out by minnows.

Ashley loaned us money to cover the other loans that had already been taken out and weren't particularly favourable to the club. That's common knowledge. He put more money in when we went down (rightly so, it was his own fault).

As for taking money out I've always assumed that it was beyond what he put in as loans.

I think everybody is aware of the money he's put in and why. I don't know what you''re getting at with your last sentence though, why else would he take money out other than for loans?

I think everybody is aware of the money he's put in and why. I don't know what you''re getting at with your last sentence though, why else would he take money out other than for loans?

Because it's his business and he might feel entitled to it?

I feel sick at the thought they've kept him on. I really cannot get behind him next season, hope loads of people vote with their feet, the lack of ambition the club are showing is sickening.

Can't see too many of the players being happy.

Jesus wept, man :lol:

I dislike Pardew but this melodramatic bollocks is just laughable. Can't get behind him? You'll be singing his name if we start next season like we did 11/12.

The club you are happy to support isn't the club I want to support. It's called ambition and you've got none.

As for singing his name after a few decent results, now that is laughable bollocks.

I feel sick at the thought they've kept him on. I really cannot get behind him next season, hope loads of people vote with their feet, the lack of ambition the club are showing is sickening.

I dislike Pardew but this melodramatic bollocks is just laughable. Can't get behind him? You'll be singing his name if we start next season like we did 11/12.

The club you are happy to support isn't the club I want to support. It's called ambition and you've got none.

As for singing his name after a few decent results, now that is laughable bollocks.

I want to support a club that wins. Is that not ambition? I don't think Pardew is the man for the job, I'd prefer him sacked, but he's not the devil incarnate. He's just a bloke who doesn't look to be too great at his job who has been given a stay of execution.

Maybe I'm getting old but I can't muster the energy to get that worked up about this. Nothing to do with lack of ambition, I just don't see how it's going to have a profoundly negative impact on the club in the long term.

Obviously have to back him and the board now even though I'm not pleased with their decision. I think we'll be OK next season - just hope we get a move-on the transfer front and making backroom changes in terms of coaching and physio/fitness to make sure we keep our top players on the pitch and not pulling up with muscle injuries so much. I just hope we get to see a fully fit Ben Arfa and Sissoko bossing it out there and Cisse with some thunder bastards of epic proportions.

I want to support a club that wins. Is that not ambition? I don't think Pardew is the man for the job, I'd prefer him sacked, but he's not the devil incarnate. He's just a bloke who doesn't look to be too great at his job who has been given a stay of execution.

Maybe I'm getting old but I can't muster the energy to get that worked up about this. Nothing to do with lack of ambition, I just don't see how it's going to have a profoundly negative impact on the club in the long term.

Fair enough, re; old bit...I'm too getting far too old to watch a once in a decade decent squad about to be ripped apart because we've got the wrong manager, we will waste our chance to do something worthy of the club because the board want to show stability. Maybe none of it is worth caring about? Maybe that is my problem, I'm spent as a football supporter and I'm getting too old to be bothered about shit heads like Pardew. Is Ashley's club, let him ruin it.

I agree basically, he's not a great manager but he's not a child molester either. We have worked ourselves up into a ridiculous state by debating his every fault so much. We could probably achieve more by appointing Benitez, but sticking with a manager isn't the worst crime in the world.

Every season, I look forward to it. Come next season 11 players will be running out in front of a sold-out SJP and I'm looking forward to seeing how they do.

We all thought we'd be shit the pre-season we lost Barton/Nolan...

I like this logic.

I didn't I was happy to see them go and said so at the time, for much the same reason I want to see Pardew gone. Good passing football.

Guest neesy111

not a child molester either

Any fucking need for that.

Loans or not Ashley sees NUFC as an extension of his empire, one which he makes a good profit from, I never thought we were anything but another business model to him. He's quite within his rights to run it how he likes and take out what he likes, it's not ideal and I'm not particularly pleased about it but in business, the ultimate plan is to make a tidy profit and take what's your share out of it.

All this corner cutting, including the bargain basement yes man just yields better profit margins for the fat man, it's what we have to accept. I don't think Ashley is a big believer in speculate to accumulate, he's a low risk taker so he'll be happy with sustainable mediocrity rather than take the risk of a higher outlay on a better manager and back room staff in the hope that it reaps better rewards and ultimately better profit margins.

I don't even have a problem with Ashley's business model, I am a fan of our recruitment strategy. Except it's all rendered useless when you put the wrong man in the manager's chair.

I don't even have a problem with Ashley's business model, I am a fan of our recruitment strategy. Except it's all rendered useless when you put the wrong man in the manager's chair.

I don't either but the manager is part of the model unfortunately.

I don't either but the manager is part of the model unfortunately.

It's possible that Ashley is raging at Pardew's performance as well. He didn't hand him a long contract to have us battling relegation every year. Not sacking him yet doesn't mean he's happy to put up with this level of performance for ever.