Alan Pardew

Mike

I feel sick at the thought they've kept him on. I really cannot get behind him next season, hope loads of people vote with their feet, the lack of ambition the club are showing is sickening.

Can't see too many of the players being happy.

Jesus wept, man :lol:

I dislike Pardew but this melodramatic bollocks is just laughable. Can't get behind him? You'll be singing his name if we start next season like we did 11/12.

I thought it's been confirmed Pardew and Carr have to sign off on a player? Pardew picks a position, Carr goes to his big book of names and picks out the three best, he says who he prefers and if Pardew doesn't agree the deal doesn't go ahead. At least that's how I've heard it described a few times.

I think people are upset so they're kicking out and anything and everything. Our transfer policy is one of the few facets of club management that the board have got bang on IMO. It's probably the last thing we should be complaining about.

No. Not working like that.  The system has gone too far that IF THAT IS NOT A BARGAIN we wouldn't do the deal. Squad needs are in the very last priority.  And imagine if you are Pardew, you ask for a right back, and the scout comes back with a DM (e.g. Anita) and told you he is the only reinforcement you can have, would you say no?

You know what if we didn't go that far (the system) Anita would never join us on a fucking ridiculous 8m last summer.  That's the final straw Pardew could have from the 2 cunts after a massive fucked up summer that we just aim at clauses or loopholes without paying attention to squad needs (which resulted NO player signed before Anita).  This is systematic failure.  Squad needs lower priority than bargains/profits

I thought it's been confirmed Pardew and Carr have to sign off on a player? Pardew picks a position, Carr goes to his big book of names and picks out the three best, he says who he prefers and if Pardew doesn't agree the deal doesn't go ahead. At least that's how I've heard it described a few times.

I think people are upset so they're kicking out and anything and everything. Our transfer policy is one of the few facets of club management that the board have got bang on IMO. It's probably the last thing we should be complaining about.

Really?

We have 1 goal scoring striker in our squad.  No genuine width and a severely unbalanced squad in general.  We didn't look like a team at all during the whole of the season, to me that's down to how our transfer policy is shaping our squad. That's not a good transfer policy imo and I said in January it's a flawed one.

This is me defending Pardew btw, as he hasn't been provided with the right players.

Yes. You either hire a manager/coach that know how to play carpet football (which is what the 2 cunts should do asap) or you should give Pardew players that he know how to utilize.

Zero, that's bollocks I'm afraid. Obviously we are looking for good deals, but (just as examples) we bought Debuchy as an upgrade on Simpson, we needed a CB and we bought Mapou. To say we're just randomly buying players because they're cheap is not true at all.

Guest neesy111

Zero, that's bollocks I'm afraid. Obviously we are looking for good deals, but (just as examples) we bought Debuchy as an upgrade on Simpson, we needed a CB and we bought Mapou. To say we're just randomly buying players because they're cheap is not true at all.

So why weren't they signed last Summer?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think Zero was talking about Pre-Season purchases.

Because we thought we could get away with another season. Basically we misjudged how urgent the need was. Why weren't they bought this coming summer?

Really?

We have 1 goal scoring striker in our squad.  No genuine width and a severely unbalanced squad in general.  We didn't look like a team at all during the whole of the season, to me that's down to how our transfer policy is shaping our squad. That's not a good transfer policy imo.

This is me defending Pardew btw, as he hasn't been provided with the right players.

There are always areas you can improve. I've never once looked at a Newcastle team and thought we didn't need to add any quality in any position.

If it is Pardew's job to identify positions we need to strengthen, then the lack of width etc. is his problem. The striker issue has been exacerbated by the Ba/Remy fuck on in January.

More often than not when we go into the market we sign genuine quality, which is a vast improvement on year's past.

Guest neesy111

Because we thought we could get away with another season. Basically we misjudged how urgent the need was. Why weren't they bought this coming summer?

Forget it.

It's fucking clear as fucking daylight why they were signed in January.

[

Really?

We have 1 goal scoring striker in our squad.  No genuine width and a severely unbalanced squad in general.  We didn't look like a team at all during the whole of the season, to me that's down to how our transfer policy is shaping our squad. That's not a good transfer policy imo and I said in January it's a flawed one.

Yes. You either hire a manager/coach that know how to play carpet football (which is what the 2 c***s should do asap) or you should give Pardew players that he know how to utilize.

Yep. Done neither.

Ian W, that's because in January the 2 cunts finally knew they have massively fucked up this season and we are going to relegate. But that's 6 months too late.  I know without Debuchy and Mbiwa we would have been relegated but we shouldn't even in relegation battle this season FFS.

Tell me how on the earth we only got one player last summer on a ridiculous price of 8m (everyone in the world is laughing for overpricing Anita at that time) after fucked up several transfers. Where's the right back? Centre back? Left back? We got only 1 winger who is an idiot. We only got 2 creators who are fucking injury prone. Oh well we also got a mental midfielder who's destined to miss lots of matches due to yellow cards or African Cup.

Players like Gosling Williamson Shane Shola should NEVER got a chance to play because they are fucking not up to it.

No. Not working like that.  The system has gone too far that IF THAT IS NOT A BARGAIN we wouldn't do the deal. Squad needs are in the very last priority.  And imagine if you are Pardew, you ask for a right back, and the scout comes back with a DM (e.g. Anita) and told you he is the only reinforcement you can have, would you say no?

You know what if we didn't go that far (the system) Anita would never join us on a fucking ridiculous 8m last summer.  That's the final straw Pardew could have from the 2 cunts after a massive fucked up summer that we just aim at clauses or loopholes without paying attention to squad needs (which resulted NO player signed before Anita).  This is systematic failure.  Squad needs lower priority than bargains/profits

Unmitigated shite.

As for Anita, the club admit they made mistakes last summer.

Forget it.

I know it is, I was asking because it shows that we realised we had misjudged the quality of our team and we acted to fix it.

btw, the reason why we pay 8m for Anita because the 2 cunts fucked ALL transfers up and we have no options left. Anita is a good player but no one here would think he worth that much. Never.

Guest neesy111

Forget it.

I know it is, I was asking because it shows that we realised we had misjudged the quality if our team and we acted to fix it.

Do you think we would had spent that much if we had been mid-table come January?

Forget it.

I know it is, I was asking because it shows that we realised we had misjudged the quality if our team and we acted to fix it.

Do you think we would had spent that much if we had been mid-table come January?

No, we would have waited to sign them in the summer as originally planned. What I was arguing against was the fact we are only interested in getting the cheapest deal regardless of player or position. I've never claimed we aren't trying to do things cheaply, we obviously are.

Forget it.

Would we have needed to?

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my p*ss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the s**** that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

or am I I just being hyper-sensitive (time of the month) :crazy2:

I think you are a bit, he's just saying they're trying to keep prices down. Which is something they should be applauded for and many other clubs should be following.

Asley has taken money out of the club, we didn't have to raise prices at the gate to be able to fund transfers. And before you say anything, the loans he made to the club were brought about because of the incompetence of him and his MD which brought about relegation in the first place.

To be fair to Pardew, if he has no say on transfers and he isn't good at carpet football, what he could do is either play s*** or resign.  Ultimately it's the 2 c***s who should bear the most blame.

Interesting point of discussion, I guess.

Manager Style - Defensive and Long Ball

Players Signed - Passers and Dribblers

Senior Coaches - Fast & Direct style

BTW Chris I agree with this. My guess is it's Carver who prefers fast and direct style.

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my p*ss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the s**** that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

I think you are a bit, he's just saying they're trying to keep prices down. Which is something they should be applauded for and many other clubs should be following.

Asley has taken money out of the club, we didn't have to raise prices at the gate to be able to fund transfers. And before you say anything, the loans he made to the club were brought about because of the incompetence of him and his MD which brought about relegation in the first place.

There's no point in going back through this argument as well.

I'd say the previous administration who took out loans that they would've struggled to pay back probably need to shoulder some of the blame.

Forget it.

No, we would have waited to sign them in the summer as originally planned. What I was arguing against was the fact we are only interested in getting the cheapest deal regardless of player or position. I've never claimed we aren't trying to do things cheaply, we obviously are.

You know, I wouldn't even go as far to say cheaply as far as the 'first 11' goes.

We look for value, but that doesn't always mean cheap - Cisse, Anita and Debuchy weren't cheap, MYM and Santon cost in excess of £5m each.

As a comparison, over the last 3 years Liverpools average transfer fee was £6.6m (£5.5m if you exclude Carroll) so we are buying players for fees over what you could take to be a large Premier League clubs average.

Yes we do have a number of free transfers and youth players in there which brings our average down to £2.8m over the same period - but when 2 of those players are Ba and Marveaux I've no complaints on the quality of those players - what I think this does show though is that the board are happy to gamble on a first 11 being fit and in the skills of our handful of coaches to bring on our younger players rather than spend big on reserve players