Alan Pardew

Mike

Looking at it positively, we can't lose now, if he starts well, we're happy, if he starts badly, he's likely gone.

As frustrating as it is, no point moaning anymore, got to get behind him, fresh start for next season.

Its annoying he is being kept on but ill give it a fresh stsr come the start of season.  he needs to stop the waffle and prove it on the pitch. A bad start to the season and people will turn big style

Spot on.

Only thing we can do really. Good start to the season and we know Pardew is capable of sustaining a positive atmosphere and promoting team spirit when things are going well.

I'd far rather we had a bad start and he got sacked tbh. My view is that a competent manager is crucial to long term progress. Backing someone who relies on wonder goals and bullshit is going to hurt us in the end.

Get away man, you should never want us to do badly. I'd love it if Pardew proves me wrong about his ability. If he doesn't, he'll be gone soon enough.

In principle, I don't think Tron's position is the horrible one I expect it to be depicted as - to want us to lose a few games so that we can ultimately go on to greater successes seems perfectly reasonable to me.

However, given the nadirs they've already tolerated under Pardew's reign, I don't think Pardew would be sacked after a bad start. It'd take half a season for them to have questions him about in being the regime or meaningfully consider the possibility that we might not stay in the division. That's a long time to want us to do badly. Too long maybe.

Its annoying he is being kept on but ill give it a fresh stsr come the start of season.  he needs to stop the waffle and prove it on the pitch. A bad start to the season and people will turn big style

Spot on.

Only thing we can do really. Good start to the season and we know Pardew is capable of sustaining a positive atmosphere and promoting team spirit when things are going well.

I'd far rather we had a bad start and he got sacked tbh. My view is that a competent manager is crucial to long term progress. Backing someone who relies on wonder goals and bullshit is going to hurt us in the end.

Get away man, you should never want us to do badly. I'd love it if Pardew proves me wrong about his ability. If he doesn't, he'll be gone soon enough.

:thup: It might sound like apathy, but in reality we have little to no control over what goes on at our club, so just have faith that whatever happens, you should get your way. We'll either do well and keep him, or do shit and get shot, IMO.

I doubt Ashley will put up with another season like that...as seen by the fact they had to have a big old meeting about how badly it went and eventually decide against firing him. His job was clearly in the balance.

I could understand the stability thing and commend them if the manager was showing some signs of developing the club/team.

Can anyone name one thing that is better/has evolved/is evolving that Pardew is directly responsible for.

I only see de-evolution in terms of style etc. Under Hughton we at least had a style which included direct to Carroll with Nolan picking up pieces. Under Pardew we have lost all sense of style of play. We have potentially better players than Hughton had to work with but for me the team and club have gone backwards in Pardews 2.5 years in charge, therefore the stability argument does not hold up as he is not showing that stability long term will yield any kind of success and in fact is likely to send us back years and take years to repair the damage.

We've gone backwards this season, it's hard to argue that we've gone backwards overall IMO.

really?

I think all the good things we had have all but evaporated and that can happen in just one season. I wouldn't back all your hopes that he has just had one bad season. His managerial career tells us it tends to go down hill and he has no idea how to change it.

Even last season despite position, the style of play was slowly dissolving and our organised approach also dissapeared.

Have you seen anything in last 2 years that shows our club is evolving and becoming better, last season was mainly down to two prolific strikers hitting form at right times (Ba before xmas and Cisse after). Pardew had no idea how to integrate the two of them this season and resulted in Cisse being shunted out to right or even Shola ffs. For all the good last season, the bloke has shown he has no idea how to evolve the team and club

Spot on.

Of course when next season comes round I won't be able to want anything but a win every week. This is one of those head v heart situations. The heart will always want us to do well but the head tells me that until he's gone we will go nowhere. It's similar to when we got relegated, it was horrible at the time but it allowed us to clear the decks and rebuild.

What's next season going to be at best? Treading water? I find it hard to get motivated about that right now.

Id never want nufc...even if we had souness back and we played like shit and won, ill take it everday of the week then.losing

That can't be true. If I told you we had to lose the first five games 3-zip to win the Premiership next season you'd take it. You just, correctly, wouldn't believe there was a correlation between those games and our ability to win the league.

Harm in the present can result in greater and sustainable good in the future IMO.

Guest neesy111

Boro @ home 2005/06 under Souness.  Lee Clark equalizer, 1/2 of the crowd didn't even want to celebrate it/didn't.

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play. There’s been too much chopping and changing, but that may be partly due to the fact that the priority has been looking for bargains / up and coming young players and the squad has ended up unbalanced.

We’ve now got some good young players coming through so I don’t feel we need to worry about the longer-term future. We need to pick up the 2 or 3 players, of whatever age and whether or not on loan, that can bring coherence and confidence to the first team.

This does seem to be the general strategy for this transfer window, so let’s wait and see.

Boro @ home 2005/06 under Souness.  Lee Clark equalizer, 1/2 of the crowd didn't even want to celebrate it/didn't.

Aye. :lol:

Likewise when Barry missed that penalty.

Guest neesy111

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play.

He's had 2 1/2 years to do it.  It won't happen.

Guest neesy111

Aye. :lol:

Likewise when Barry missed that penalty.

My hatred of Barry stems from that miss.

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play.

He's had 2 1/2 years to do it.  It won't happen.

I think what he actually needs to do is forget about what he thought before and come up with a style that suits the players and pleases the fans/owner.

I'm not really disagreeing with any of that, I just don't think we're worse now than when Pardew took over. Overall as a club I mean, not just based on where we finished this season.

We're not, we're undoubtedly in a better state than when he took over and we have now left him behind which is why he needs to go.

Guest neesy111

I'm not really disagreeing with any of that, I just don't think we're worse now than when Pardew took over. Overall as a club I mean, not just based on where we finished this season.

We're not, we're undoubtedly in a better state than when he took over and we have now left him behind which is why he needs to go.

:thup:

The team is in a much better state, especially in terms of quality in midfield.

What Pardew needs to do now is impose his own vision of how he wants the team to play. There’s been too much chopping and changing, but that may be partly due to the fact that the priority has been looking for bargains / up and coming young players and the squad has ended up unbalanced.

We’ve now got some good young players coming through so I don’t feel we need to worry about the longer-term future. We need to pick up the 2 or 3 players, of whatever age and whether or not on loan, that can bring coherence and confidence to the first team.

This does seem to be the general strategy for this transfer window, so let’s wait and see.

If he had any clarity about how he wants to play he'd have made sure he got the players to fit his vision in the last two years. It's more likely he never really had any vision and keeps changing it every time a plan goes wrong, much like his management on the pitch over 90 mins.

I'm just not sure from First Team through to junior levels we are any further forward or whether we have gone backwards. I see nothing from him to suggest he knows how to integrate Sammy, Tav, Streete, Campbell, Ferguson, Inman or whoever into the first team. I fear he will always revert back to experienced first teamers like Jonas, Perch, Williamson instead of persevering, coaching and developing our young players. For our long term success we need these players coming through. Now these players may not be good enough, but that requires someone to be ruthless and get rid of them and put a strategy in place to allow young players to progress.

We do see more players going on loan now, but I would like to see us send them out for full season loans at Championship level next season and look to progress them into the team.

Ironic people saying that fans should never want their team to lose given that the manager doesn't want to qualify for Europe, and I've never seen a game thrown so blatantly as the last FA Cup tie at Brighton.

Ironic people saying that fans should never want their team to lose given that the manager doesn't want to qualify for Europe, and I've never seen a game thrown so blatantly as the last FA Cup tie at Brighton.

I will happily see us lose first 5 games next season to see the back of him and I hate seeing us lose (Although somewhat used to it these days)

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my piss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the shite that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

or am I I just being hyper-sensitive (time of the month) :crazy2:

Looking at it positively, we can't lose now, if he starts well, we're happy, if he starts badly, he's likely gone.

As frustrating as it is, no point moaning anymore, got to get behind him, fresh start for next season.

I'm not sure replacing him mid-season is a good thing though.  I might be wrong but I figure you have more managers to choose from in the summer than you do once the season has started.  Having your replacement options being limited to the the likes of Pulis could be you're hoping just for a dead-cat bounce rather than an actual improvement.

It could be worse though, I dreamt that the club had fired Pardew and appointed an 80 year-old nun with no football experience as the manager.

Apologies if this has already been picked up on but just read Deek's comments and my piss is boiling:

"We would like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them that we remain committed to providing affordable football at St James' Park."

All very well aiming to make going to the match affordable but if the stuff on the pitch is the shite that's been served up this season then price is the last thing on my mind.  Don't expect him to say we'll be champions next year but give us some kind of hope please!

or am I I just being hyper-sensitive (time of the month) :crazy2:

I think you are a bit, he's just saying they're trying to keep prices down. Which is something they should be applauded for and many other clubs should be following.

Guest neesy111

They've got to make it affordable or the stadium would much less full considering that 11,000 of the stadium is for the family area now.

If anything boiled my piss from that Llambias interview it was the announcement that we would be aiming for the top 10. Now I know the apologists have come out with the inference that top 10 could mean finishing 3rd (ha ha) but we know this is a crock of shit don't we? Why not say we are aiming for Europe at least? Or if they can't get that past their weasely throats then just don't mention any finishing positions? Do they even realise what Newcastle United means to English football?