Alan Pardew

Mike

The reason he's upset is because not everyone shares his opinion and he can't cope with it, it's his goto action to get personal.  It's ridiculous.

Probably more upset with the prospect of being relegated again like, just a hunch.

I think everyone is Toon's Taylor, I know I couldn't stomach watching from 60-90 - it was truly abject shit today.

Back on topic with the guy in charge - this guy needs to go, I think with the exception of one or two, everyone agrees.  But that shouldn't stop people, who see one or two positives in a fucking tragic situation, from posting in this thread because Interpolic or someone else might lose his rag, again. 

There weren't really any positives today, you're just jumping on the bandwagon of making me the villain on the forum when I take exception with people saying absolutely fucking mental shit after yet another kick in the bollocks for NUFC.  Getting a bit fed up with it, it's bloody stupid.

I feel as if I should rise to that. But, I won't.

Wow, how admirable. You've got a lovely habit of making out like people are being unreasonable when they have an opposing view like. Your argument against me tonight's been wooly at best and absolutely batshit mental to the point of being totally pointless at worst.

Sure you'll come up with another wisecrack remark to make yourself look clever like, but the quite unbelievable point is that you thought today was a positive day for NUFC. That's just incredible and we're still skirting around that point. If you really believe that then you're off your rocker.

something that has really bothered me with inochi & stu (maybe others) since we started discussing the possibility of relegation in jan/feb - plenty of sound football reasons were being offered as to why we could (not would) get dragged into a relegation battle yet they were countered by these two with nothing but an an air of over-confidence, sarcasm and smugness because we were over-reacting (!)

by all means be smug or over-confident, but have something to back it up ffs...i honestly can't recall stu or inochi offering a sound reason as to how or why we'd get ourselves out of it

The reason he's upset is because not everyone shares his opinion and he can't cope with it, it's his goto action to get personal.  It's ridiculous.

Probably more upset with the prospect of being relegated again like, just a hunch.

I think everyone is Toon's Taylor, I know I couldn't stomach watching from 60-90 - it was truly abject shit today.

Back on topic with the guy in charge - this guy needs to go, I think with the exception of one or two, everyone agrees.  But that shouldn't stop people, who see one or two positives in a fucking tragic situation, from posting in this thread because Interpolic or someone else might lose his rag, again.

There were positives today. Clean sheet, a point, good first half, hba start, colo return - but we lost 2 points on the pitch and in the fight to stay up, there's no way after the match you could feel more positive than before it, we are worse off than at the start of the day. I'm in total agreement here to IP, if WBA hadn't thrown the match away and Wigan only got a draw, today would have been totally different. The margins are small yet the impact massive.

Again on that note, the mackems lose and Wigan don't beat Swansea, going from this weekend to next, were probably looking good again, two teams behind us and us with a winnable game on the table. Loads of ifs and buts, but that's what we're living Off right now, if you care to remain positive that is.

I feel as if I should rise to that. But, I won't.

Wow, how admirable. You've got a lovely habit of making out like people are being unreasonable when they have an opposing view like. Your argument against me tonight's been wooly at best and absolutely batshit mental to the point of being totally pointless at worst.

Sure you'll come up with another wisecrack remark to make yourself look clever like, but the quite unbelievable point is that you thought today was a positive day for NUFC. That's just incredible and we're still skirting around that point. If you really believe that then you're off your rocker.

something that has really bothered me with inochi & stu (maybe others) since we started discussing the possibility of relegation in jan/feb - plenty of sound football reasons were being offered as to why we could (not would) get dragged into a relegation battle yet they were countered by these two with nothing but an an air of over-confidence, sarcasm and smugness because we were over-reacting (!)

by all means be smug or over-confident, but have something to back it up ffs...i honestly can't recall stu or inochi offering a sound reason as to how or why we'd get ourselves out of it

I also agree with the bit in bold, it's dead easy to just take the piss out of peoples opinion without actually airing an opinion yourself.  This is usually followed up with moaning when they’re pulled up for doing so.

I also agree with the bit in bold, it's dead easy to just take the piss out of peoples opinion without actually airing an opinion yourself.  This is usually followed up with moaning when they’re pulled up for doing so.

And a ' :lol: ' Mick. Don't forget the condescending ' :lol: '

The piss takers are good at using them.

Less than a month ago you were claiming anyone who wanted him gone couldn't "see the big picture".

I can fully understand why IP's so pissed off, the smug condescending attitude of the people who've backed him has been excruciating all season. It's been like watching a slow motion car crash whilst standing next to a load of mugs telling you how hysterical you're being and of course that child flying through the air will be fine if you just stop being so bloody negative about his prospects.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at least six months ago simply doesn't know very much about football. Sorry like but that's the truth of the matter. Plenty like to dress it up and call it "staying positive" when what they actually mean is living in a dream world so far detached from reality that they might as well be on the fucking moon.

Less than a month ago you were claiming anyone who wanted him gone couldn't "see the big picture".

I can fully understand why IP's so pissed off, the smug condescending attitude of the people who've backed him has been excruciating all season. It's been like watching a slow motion car crash whilst standing next to a load of mugs telling you how hysterical you're being and of course that child flying through the air will be fine if you just stop being so bloody negative about his prospects.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at least six months ago simply doesn't know very much about football. Sorry like but that's the truth of the matter. Plenty like to dress it up and call it "staying positive" when what they actually mean is living in a dream world so far detached from reality that they might as well be on the fucking moon.

:thup:  It's fucking pissing me off. :lol: Still people popping up telling everyone to calm down at the stage we are at, it's unreal.

Just fuck off man, you mackem scouse cunt.

Just fuck off man, you mackem scouse cunt.

:lol:

Unexpected.  :lol:

I think everyone is Toon's Taylor, I know I couldn't stomach watching from 60-90 - it was truly abject s*** today.

Back on topic with the guy in charge - this guy needs to go, I think with the exception of one or two, everyone agrees.  But that shouldn't stop people, who see one or two positives in a f***ing tragic situation, from posting in this thread because Interpolic or someone else might lose his rag, again. 

I can fully understand why IP's so p*ssed off, the smug condescending attitude of the people who've backed him has been excruciating all season. It's been like watching a slow motion car crash whilst standing next to a load of mugs telling you how hysterical you're being and of course that child flying through the air will be fine if you just stop being so bloody negative about his prospects.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at least six months ago simply doesn't know very much about football. Sorry like but that's the truth of the matter. Plenty like to dress it up and call it "staying positive" when what they actually mean is living in a dream world so far detached from reality that they might as well be on the f***ing moon.

:thup:  It's f***ing pissing me off. :lol: Still people popping up telling everyone to calm down at the stage we are at, it's unreal.

:thup:

I think everyone is Toon's Taylor, I know I couldn't stomach watching from 60-90 - it was truly abject s*** today.

Back on topic with the guy in charge - this guy needs to go, I think with the exception of one or two, everyone agrees.  But that shouldn't stop people, who see one or two positives in a f***ing tragic situation, from posting in this thread because Interpolic or someone else might lose his rag, again. 

I can fully understand why IP's so p*ssed off, the smug condescending attitude of the people who've backed him has been excruciating all season. It's been like watching a slow motion car crash whilst standing next to a load of mugs telling you how hysterical you're being and of course that child flying through the air will be fine if you just stop being so bloody negative about his prospects.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at least six months ago simply doesn't know very much about football. Sorry like but that's the truth of the matter. Plenty like to dress it up and call it "staying positive" when what they actually mean is living in a dream world so far detached from reality that they might as well be on the f***ing moon.

Yeah you're right about that.  I was.  That's changed since the Liverpool game where it appeared the players just didn't give a fuck.  A big part of why I supported Pardew was because it seemed the players liked and respected him and that perhaps unusual circumstances had caused results to drop so badly.  That theory is now blown apart.

Yeah you're right about that.  I was.  That's changed since the Liverpool game where it appeared the players just didn't give a fuck.  A big part of why I supported Pardew was because it seemed the players liked and respected him and that perhaps unusual circumstances had caused results to drop so badly.  That theory is now blown apart.

I think a lot of people stood behind him on the basis that the players like him but I was always far from convinced a) that it was the case and b) that it was necessarily a good thing.

The managers I've had that I liked most are the ones that let me have leave at short notice, don't get on my back when I'm posting on here instead of working, let me do a half-arsed PDR etc. Whether they're any good at their own job or not is generally a complete irrelevance to me.

Guest neesy111

I think a lot of people stood behind him on the basis that the players like him but I was always far from convinced a) that it was the case and b) that it was necessarily a good thing.

The managers I've had that I liked most are the ones that let me have leave at short notice, don't get on my back when I'm posting on here instead of working, let me do a half-arsed PDR etc. Whether they're any good at their own job or not is generally a complete irrelevance to me.

Completely agree with that as a manager in general, also its amazing the amount of people that are put in managerial positions but are useless at it.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at least six months ago simply doesn't know very much about football.

Much agreement with the rest, but this is giving Pardew too much credit. The Manager of the Year and the 5th place finish papered over far too many cracks that were apparent last season. We had so many dirge-like performances last season that were papered over by out-of-the-blue goals. I can't fathom how Pardew managed an award apart from people who only looked at the results and/or the table. I was surely chuffed by the final reckoning, but there were signs all last season that things were not well tactically, and with all of the luck we had last year abandoning us this season, I'm disappointed, but hardly shocked where we find ourselves.

Certainly, if we survive, I have hopes for the squad, but Pardew? Fuck right off out of the club please.

Guest Nixon

Is Alan Pardew a bad manager? No.

Is he the right manager this football club? No.

I struggle to truly believe that he would have been able to guide us to fifth if he had no semblance of managerial ability. It just doesn't work like that. He's had team's promoted, he's had success. He's also had abject failure normally around the same time he's having it with us. It's that period just after the initial spell when things begin to evolve and diversify. For all our stellar performances last year, tactically it was quite rudimentary.

Two midfielders, one combative, one creative. Two centre-backs, one a bit more cultured, one a bit more aggressive and forthright. However as soon as Yohan Cabaye spoke of how Pardew wanted to play it along the ground he was ultimately doomed. To play that style you need competent technicians throughout the squad, an understanding amongst your players, and a tactical ideology on what channels/avenues you want to play the ball through.

Essentially Pardew has become confused by so many options. It was a bit like Big Sam here when we gave him a lot of money to spend. He'd never been used to that. He was always quite thrifty and picked up parsimonious options. As a consequence it meant if they failed then the outlay was minimal and they were swept under the rug (Mario Jardel, Jared Borgetti at Bolton for example). If they succeeded (like Ivan Campo, Fernando Hierro) then he was a smart shopper who used his minimal budget wisely. Yet present him with actual money and he gets the likes of Alan Smith, David Rozenhal and more recently Matt Jarvis.

The truth of the matter is, had we afforded Pardew control of transfers we'd actually not be in as much trouble. That's not me mitigating the form, more saying that his style does not run parallel with the aims and goals of our current playing stuff and ownership. A team like West Ham is far more akin to what Pardew wants. A direct side with just a dash of self-proliferated misnomer about being more than that.

That side would also be incredibly well-drilled, something he hasn't been allowed to do this year. Mainly because of Europe and injuries he's had less time on the training pitch with his strongest players, so consequently his flaws as a manager (lack of tactical response) have shone through. His inability to lay plans has seen him placed in a constant position of expression or regression. Routinely he's taken the latter and gone long ball. The fact the club are now so delicately poised on the cusp of relegation has everyone worried because this is a talented squad, regardless of when the players arrived they should not be this close to the precipice.

The whole issue has been compounded by the likes of Mauricio Pochettino swanning in and revolutionising Southampton. As we've seen, his changes are not just a consequence of the new manager bump. They're considered tactical movements that have allowed him to draw out the key skills of the players at his disposal. I think given our side, he'd drop Tiote for Anita and we'd arguably be in a better place than Southampton are right now purely because we have better technical defenders.

Sadly that's a digression for another time, hopefully when our Premier League safety is secured. I think while all the infighting and bickering ensues, there is one underlying consensus amongst fans, Alan Pardew is not the right man to lead this club. We need someone with a far more intricate approach and who understands how to use the skills available to highlight the opponent's weaknesses.

Is Alan Pardew a bad manager? No.

Is he the right manager this football club? No.

I struggle to truly believe that he would have been able to guide us to fifth if he had no semblance of managerial ability. It just doesn't work like that. He's had team's promoted, he's had success. He's also had abject failure normally around the same time he's having it with us. It's that period just after the initial spell when things begin to evolve and diversify. For all our stellar performances last year, tactically it was quite rudimentary.

Two midfielders, one combative, one creative. Two centre-backs, one a bit more cultured, one a bit more aggressive and forthright. However as soon as Yohan Cabaye spoke of how Pardew wanted to play it along the ground he was ultimately doomed. To play that style you need competent technicians throughout the squad, an understanding amongst your players, and a tactical ideology on what channels/avenues you want to play the ball through.

Essentially Pardew has become confused by so many options. It was a bit like Big Sam here when we gave him a lot of money to spend. He'd never been used to that. He was always quite thrifty and picked up parsimonious options. As a consequence it meant if they failed then the outlay was minimal and they were swept under the rug (Mario Jardel, Jared Borgetti at Bolton for example). If they succeeded (like Ivan Campo, Fernando Hierro) then he was a smart shopper who used his minimal budget wisely. Yet present him with actual money and he gets the likes of Alan Smith, David Rozenhal and more recently Matt Jarvis.

The truth of the matter is, had we afforded Pardew control of transfers we'd actually not be in as much trouble. That's not me mitigating the form, more saying that his style does not run parallel with the aims and goals of our current playing stuff and ownership. A team like West Ham is far more akin to what Pardew wants. A direct side with just a dash of self-proliferated misnomer about being more than that.

That side would also be incredibly well-drilled, something he hasn't been allowed to do this year. Mainly because of Europe and injuries he's had less time on the training pitch with his strongest players, so consequently his flaws as a manager (lack of tactical response) have shone through. His inability to lay plans has seen him placed in a constant position of expression or regression. Routinely he's taken the latter and gone long ball. The fact the club are now so delicately poised on the cusp of relegation has everyone worried because this is a talented squad, regardless of when the players arrived they should not be this close to the precipice.

The whole issue has been compounded by the likes of Mauricio Pochettino swanning in and revolutionising Southampton. As we've seen, his changes are not just a consequence of the new manager bump. They're considered tactical movements that have allowed him to draw out the key skills of the players at his disposal. I think given our side, he'd drop Tiote for Anita and we'd arguably be in a better place than Southampton are right now purely because we have better technical defenders.

Sadly that's a digression for another time, hopefully when our Premier League safety is secured. I think while all the infighting and bickering ensues, there is one underlying consensus amongst fans, Alan Pardew is not the right man to lead this club. We need someone with a far more intricate approach and who understands how to use the skills available to highlight the opponent's weaknesses.

Sorry i stopped reading after that line  :facepalm:

It was a good post that made some solid points.

He is a bad manager though in my view, at least at this level. He belongs in the Championship where he won't have to worry about being forced to manage genuinely top quality footballers and can just plow ahead with his bovine approach to the game.

We're shit because the players we bought are too good for our manager? :lol:  Some decent points otherwise tbf but that made me chuckle.  Stick it on the list of excuses, 'The players are too good'.

I'd still bin him right now.  I don't care what anyone says about it being too late, he threw away 2 points yesterday due to his tactical changes.  Put anybody else in the dugout and I don't think that would have happened.  He is actively harming our chances of staying up now.