Alan Pardew

Mike

Even in an office that would be awful in terms of a manager setting expectations for advisors. If you have a shit day, don't really do any work and your manager says it's fine, you keep doing it. It really is that simple.

I said it the other month, part of my job involves going into regular meetings with clients and I often end up getting a kicking because of what someone else has done wrong but that's another story - if my manager tells me I'll get a kicking then I invariably will but if she says it'll be good/alright, just make sure I prepare and am in the right frame of mind then it's far more likely to go well.  It's the old cliche of making players feel 10 foot tall, it's so logical that only an idiot wouldn't get it.

Imagine if a mate or relative was going into an interview or exam and telling them "you're too inexperienced, you can't compete with people who've been to better schools, I don't have any confidence in you doing well" - people would think you were a proper cunt.

It's the most basic of human behaviours and Pardew hasn't even mastered that, never mind Premier League tactics.

I keep reading the thread  title and get ticked off by the fact that he didn't use the word "massively" before or after under-achieved :lol:

Even that wouldn't do it.

The headline should be "Alan Pardew admits to gross incompetence and dereliction of duty, and commits Seppuku".

Then we'd be about half way there.

The good honest debate has been lost on this thread for about 1000 pages. Every day its the same bitching and moaning.

I know i dont have to read it, but I live and hope....

The good honest debate has been lost on this thread for about 1000 pages. Every day its the same bitching and moaning.

I know i dont have to read it, but I live and hope....

It's because that he's a skidmark on the y-fronts of life and should be sacked ASAP are no longer debatable whilst purporting to maintain a semblance of rationality.

Guest bimpy474

For me the reason people have gone more and more against Pardew is simple. If you set aside the results, poor play, poor peformances, daft team selections, Shola in the 65mins come what may, set penises, the waffle, the excuses, the bullshit and something i may well have missed.

It's his complete unacceptance of him doing it wrong. He even thinks he's had a hard time of it lately, which is the complete opposite of the truth. He's had a very easy ride, from the press, TV and fans who go to watch. The title thread is the first real tme this season he has said anything that really resembles taking responsilibity. If you continue to try to pull the wool over fans eyes, well what does one expect to happen. Still despite everything we read in print or see on the TV, not one expert has commented on the style of play.

And imo, that style of play is why we are where we are in the league. Pardew himself doesn't see it, so called experts seem not to see it. But us fans, we can't be fooled in the long run.

bimpy, bimpy...I thought you a wise man for bailing out of the argument.  This Pardew convo is fucking Heisenberg-pure meth.  We want to quit, and let ourselves hope that things are finally pulling together.  But then, in the blink of an eye, it's back to that dumpster taking a shot in the mouth from the Senator from South Dakota. 

Even if you're tactically naive, a large part of football can be about passion and belief. Otherwise you wouldn't get the 'shock results' like Wigan winning the FA Cup.

If he's in the press saying that QPR could beat us and talking about getting the sack, you can only imagine what he's saying in the dressing room.

You need a bit of bite, today of all days. Someone to go in there, rile everyone up and get the blood pumping. We've got no f***ing chance.

Guest Slippery Sam

Hopefully Ashley will not be impressed with Parsnip levelling criticism his way and give the twat his P45.

A win today would be so freaking good. We stay up, and hopefully fans will have a real go at the prick vs. Arsenal. Have difficulties seeing the latter happening though. Too many people still wants to give him one more season, and a win will probably strenghten their belief in that.