Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

So basically we'd be happy with just 40 games a season.  38 in the league, 1 league cup and 1 fa cup.

Unbelievable comments!

IMO he will stay until our first 'string' of bad results. Delaying the inevitable!

That's the real problem. Doing that will muck up next season as well.

Debating this with my mate as we speak. He's all "based on last season he deserved at least until Christmas" - what's the point? Overwhelming evidence says we won't go back to last season's form, so we in effect write off 1/3 of a season by allowing this. I hate him. Pardew, not my mate.

Aforementioned mate points out that in fact he said "he will be given until Christmas" - drunk conversation so have fudged, woops

It'll be the whole season that goes to waste as the damage will already have been done, we'll have the benefit of new manager syndrome and a lift in immediate results but without a full preseason to prepare we'll run out of steam and finish midtable.

Guest icemanblue

Surely these comments mean he can be done for misconduct and therefor be sacked without compensation?

:lol: Aarrggghh.

If he doesn't care about the Europa League, how come we put out such a s**** side against Brighton? Or are we not trying for any cups now?

because he knew we were going to be sucked into a relegation fight probably, wouldn't put it pass him.  league survival above all else in his mind.  inferiority complex and all that.

Surely these comments mean he can be done for misconduct and therefor be sacked without compensation?

I don't get whats funny? he's admitting that he doesn't care if the club he manages fails, he's admitting that he has no ambition for the club moving forwards, in any other line of work comments like that are misconduct.

If he doesn't care about the Europa League, how come we put out such a s**** side against Brighton? Or are we not trying for any cups now?

We literally put out our best team against them, lets not re write history.

So basically we'd be happy with just 40 games a season.  38 in the league, 1 league cup and 1 fa cup.

Only so long as we don't overachieve in terms of points.

I mean, we wouldn't want to be gathering more than average 1.08 points per game, would we?

wat

Wonder how it looks to the new players and those we're targeting for the summer when our manager is coming out and openly saying that we don't want to be in Europe?

The Champions League is where everyone wants to play, there's no denying that. But qualifying for Europe of any kind most years suggests you're a team at the upper echelons of the league table, with the possibility of pushing on and/or winning something. It shows you're a big club. It showcases everything about the club and ultimately brings in more money one way or another.

Oh, and the comments also say we don't want to win a cup. Though we already knew that considering our shameful submissions in domestic cups under this manager.

Exactly what I said a couple of pages back Dave, yes they might be "throw away" comments but its foolish to think such comments don't have ramifications or indeed cause damage to our image as a football club.

Guest neesy111

Nice WUMing.

Then fact that he he is still hammering the Europe excuse is seriously raging me. If we had done a Wigan and got the the cup  final he would be thinking "Cracking that's a great excuse"

I don't get whats funny? he's admitting that he doesn't care if the club he manages fails, he's admitting that he has no ambition for the club moving forwards, in any other line of work comments like that are misconduct.

Oh shut up man. What he said was stupid and he shouldn't have said it but there's no chance he meant it. Get a grip.

Guest icemanblue

More exasperation than humour, mate. They're terrible comments, they really are. It's so obvious he isn't being deadly serious though, so it's not really gross misconduct. I've said worse in each of my jobs and not been sacked.

Thread title => he didn't really say that, did he? :facepalm:

Nothing should surprise you anymore about Pardew really. He'll spout any sort of s**** these days because he's Alan Pardew.

wat

We played our strongest team against Brighton.

I can't believe it. If he's not sacked with immediate effect Dekka and Mike deserves a beating. One of the most embarrassing things I've read. How about none of the fans turn up for the game Pards? Idiot.

This clueless berk is so far out of his depth it's scary. Didn't understand the importance of the derby and now this, on top of everything on the field too. Just go before you embarrass us anymore.

Wonder how it looks to the new players and those we're targeting for the summer when our manager is coming out and openly saying that we don't want to be in Europe?

The Champions League is where everyone wants to play, there's no denying that. But qualifying for Europe of any kind most years suggests you're a team at the upper echelons of the league table, with the possibility of pushing on and/or winning something. It shows you're a big club. It showcases everything about the club and brings in more money.

Oh, and the comments also say we don't want to win a cup. Though we already knew that considering our shameful submissions in domestic cups under this manager.

They're waiting to make money before they'll spend it. The whole ethos of the coming year at the beginning of the season was get by with what we have. Don't invest in the coming season, get to the end in a decent position like last year, reap those rewards, then see what we can do on the back of it. Cups were played with youth and second team players including EL, obviously the summer, didn't really approach games tactically on the front foot and pro active - We went about the start of this year pretty much exactly the same as we did the previous.

Nothing was to harm our League performances and potential standing. Obviously that shot them in the fucking foot as poor cup performances really compounded our poor League performance. You can argue its a logical argument. League placings earn you money, cups don't. And there in lies the entire philosophy that we'd began to forget about after last season. This year has been a huge reminder.

They didn't seem to want to consider the blatant fact that the teams in the league would try and improve upon their previous season. Or maybe they did but were okay with that. 'Let them kick on and spend money, there's the 3 teams coming up from the Championship. We'll at the very least finish higher than them.'

It's been 'bare minimum needed' all season. I'm not sure I can see that changing that much. We'll buy in the summer yes, will it be good enough come September, will players have left, will we have adequately replaced those that have left? Dont know. Will Pardew have gone? Dont know. Will our football be better? Dependant upon the first 2.

I'm literally just glad it's pretty much over.

Guest neesy111

wat

We played our strongest team against Brighton.

No we didn't.