Alan Pardew

Mike

Hmm. Could be they're aiming to head off any last day protests by announcing he's staying nice and early.

Disappointing for sure but given the previous "he's allowed a bad season" comments it's really not that surprising.

They have to realize there's a difference between a bad season and this horrific f***ing horse s***.

Can't stand another summer of his nonsense, let alone starting next season with a well-organised 4-5-1 and Jonas as one of the wingers.

The one reason I hate FMA is that he's basically beat the fight out if the fans. I read that article and I know I should be raging but I just don't really give a f***. Just like how at the Arsenal game if this was a few years ago the fans would do something about it, but I just can't see it happening.

Popped out for a while and this thread has ramped up a notch :lol:

You missed Laudrup laying the smack down on Pardew's Europa League excuse on MOTD :smitten:

Woo what he say ?

'It's not squad size it's attitude and mentality. My Getafe team played 58 games with a squad of similar size to Swansea'

Haha, amazing people still fall for Pardew's bullshit mind. A positive manager gets more from a team than a negative one, who knew :lol:

But Laudrup did no better at Getafe.  UEFA quarter finals and 14th.

It was their worst finish sinnce being promoted back to the Primera Liga.  Having not failed to finish top half for years previous.  He had similar problems in a relegation battle at Mallorca in his one season there.  Finished 1 point clear of relegation with a club who finished 5th the year before he arrived and 8th the next year without him.

I like Laudrup.  Clearly a more intelligent man than Pardew.  Talks a good game.  Likes football played the right way.

But on results since the January window closed Swansea are 15th and Newcastle are 10th.  He's not someone with any sort of track record of getting results that would put Pardew in the shade.

If Pardew stays then you'd imagine our better players will be queuing up to leave given their performances in recent weeks. I know people quite often say that, but we really don't strike you as a team or club on the up at the moment.

If they're going to put in half arsed performances maybe we're better off shot of them and at least have some players that want to play for the shirt and aren't just paying lip service to it.

It's a fair point, I just think it's a bit of a shame as most of them are far better than they're showing.

Told yer.

You may well be right Dave but it upsets me to see you use a Lee Ryder article with no quotes in it to claim it :lol:

:laugh:

It's just another in a reasonably long line of articles stating the same thing tbh.

If we're sticking with this guy, then they seriously need to re-shape the team and get the players to suite his style.

Too annoying watching technically gifted players just look so clueless out on the pitch.

If we're sticking with this guy, then they seriously need to re-shape the team and get the players to suite his style.

Too annoying watching technically gifted players just look so clueless out on the pitch.

In reality, that means stop listening to Carr and scrapping the current recruitment model.

The one reason I hate FMA is that he's basically beat the fight out if the fans. I read that article and I know I should be raging but I just don't really give a f***. Just like how at the Arsenal game if this was a few years ago the fans would do something about it, but I just can't see it happening.

Surely though it's up to the fans to realize that they CAN enforce a change in management? I agree with what you're saying, and unfortunately the sensible &knowledgable fans get lumped in with the fair weather drones most times. What might be "fight" shown by fans will be deemed reactionary and over-expectant by the media defending AP and the owner. We simply cannot let that happen!

We really in clear and present danger of the cycle repeating for next season if Pardew remains. Even if he was a slightly decent manager who has had a bad season, it's clear he has lost the players, and on that evidence alone he needs to be replaced asap.

I don't think we'll have a choice. All of our best players will be looking for a way out now.

Cant take it if he stays, im already waiting for the season after the next one...

Fucking torture just looking at him, never mind the football or whatever

it is we have to watch. Never hated a human being like i hate him.

Cant take it if he stays, im already waiting for the season after the next one...

:lol:

If he stays then I'm out. I was considering getting a season ticket as well :(

No chance am I putting myself through this shit again. Nailed on relegation next year, battling the likes of Cardiff and Hull. Oh how we have fallen.

Meant it more like it will be impossible to enjoy watching us if he is in charge of us next season, at least for me personally, i just have no hope of enjoying us under him :(  Just cant stand the man. I wanna love watching football again.

In less than a year and a half Graeme Souness spent £50m taking us from a team that finished top 5 3 years on the bounce to a team that finished lower than we currently sit.

In a little over 2 years Pardew's taken a newly promoted team to the Europa league quarter finals on about half as much money.

...but you hate the latter more?

No chance am I putting myself through this shit again. Nailed on relegation next year, battling the likes of Cardiff and Hull. Oh how we have fallen.

Same here. Was gonna get a season ticket for the first time in 5 years, but i'm gonna wait until the end of summer and see what happens. I'm not hopeful.

Absolute rubbish.

Guest neesy111

In less than a year and a half Graeme Souness spent £50m taking us from a team that finished top 5 3 years on the bounce to a team that finished lower than we currently sit.

In a little over 2 years Pardew's taken a newly promoted team to the Europa league quarter finals on about half as much money.

He took over a team in mid-table.

13th...where we are now.

13th...where we are now.

So then, if Hughton got sack for being in 13th so shouldn't Pardew?