Alan Pardew

Mike

Fulham have a shit team though. Outside of Ruiz and Berbatov it's pretty dire. I actually like Jol as a manager, though he should be on 50 points rather than 40. I assume complacency crept in big time, they seem like they've been stuck on 39/40 points for months.

I can't believe some people would genuinely like to replace Pardew with Jol. Fulham aren't even safe yet.

Aye says it all about managerial ability really that a team full of dross is just slightly worse off than the French National Team. 

If he was to get sacked when do people think the cut off point would be? You'd think if he was getting sacked it would be in the next 2 weeks.

I imagine if we're at sometime around June... 10th? and he's still here... he'll be here next year.

If he hasn't been sacked a week after the Arsenal game, he's here to stay.

I'd give it another week on top of that. I'm sure they could arrange a meeting for a week or so after the season is over to take time to evaluate everything, and then you'd hear at some point after that.

I genuinely can't believe anyone would rather keep Pardew than bring in Jol. He's a better manager.

Debatable.

If you want a manager who underachieves and plays boring, direct football we should just stick with the one we've got and save the compensation.

Jol hasn't got a history of underachieving or boring football though, you're peddling this purely because Fulham have had a bad season and were 2nd behind us in some daft stat this year :lol:

Jol has succeeded everywhere he's been with the exception of Ajax where he failed to win the league. He's had a poor year, as has Pardew, but he has a lot more to fall back on.

the reaction to this has been rather amusing, did anyone really expect any other outcome should we stay up? He's back at square one, one good season one bad season, next season will tell which was the fluke

Would anyone want to work under Llambias who wasn't a patsy? Can they find a better patsy?  Could Mike get involved again and dump both of the clowns? 

“With Chris, he couldn’t cope with where we are mentally. We are aggressive. You need to be aggressive. I don’t want a manager below me who can’t argue. You guys don’t understand how f****** horrible we can be.”

Guest Slippery Sam

The silver lining of this is that they will back him in the summer window. He's been moaning for ages on transfers etc, so if they're planning to let him stay then surely they won't want to hear the same excuses again next year.

I still don't think it's a given that he'll be here. I reckon we'll have put out some feelers for managers and not liked what we got back, so we've assured Pardew. But let's say Rafa drops his demands for money for himself and transfers, Ashley isn't the type of guy that will pass up an opportunity like that because he's given his word to a subordinate.

Why will they back him now, though?  The complaint was that they didn't strengthen when it was known we had european football coming up.  Now that we don't [have the EL) - and don't forget we brought forward summer signings in the Jan window - surely there is no need to strengthen?  That was me playing devil's advocate btw.

I reckon we will get a £10m - £15m striker in mesel, like. 

Can't help feel that this news means that we may as well write next season off too. Pardew gets sacked mid season and the new manager sees out the rest of the season waiting to start afresh the year after.  :sad:

the reaction to this has been rather amusing, did anyone really expect any other outcome should we stay up? He's back at square one, one good season one bad season, next season will tell which was the fluke

I don't really understand posts like this. Are you not able to judge for yourself from what you see on the field "which was the fluke"?

I don't need a number on a league table to tell me that the way we play is not good enough and will not lead to consistently good results.

Only way I could tolerate this season especially after the Liverpool hammering was thinking surely he will just be sacked as soon as we're safe. I'm going to find it so hard to enjoy following Newcastle with him in charge. I wish I could be like certain others and just lap up all his excuses but I can't.