Alan Pardew

Mike

I get that most people use football as their escape from the mundane realities of everyday life (the wife, the job, the kids, the realisation that they're now in their thirties and still not headed in any meaningful direction in life, etc.) but when the escapism you crave isn't provided for you by the team you've chosen to support (often the case for many on here) then why not reduce some of the emotional capital you're investing into something that is providing you with negative returns and find something else to take your mind off the those mundane realities? Golf, fishing, reading, cinema, knitting?

Alternatively, you could continue to participate in the N-O game of melodramatic one-upmanship.

:lol: I'm sorry but that is hilarious and not in a good way. That is such a 'holier than thou' attitude towards supporting the club it's depressing. 'The club isn't going to reach your standards to make up for your shit life so chose something else' seems to be the general theme. You can accept the realism that we're not great and we shoulsnt exopect to be and you can do so because it's not making up for deficiencies in your life?

I'm sorry but my life is great, and the football I've been subjected to this season is fucking shite, mate. Totally unacceptable and none of the shite excuses peddled wash. I'm sure this applies to everyone else too.

What a terrible post. Just so insular.

Surprised you expected any better mate tbh.

HF will attempt to engage in intelligent debate with the stupidest of people for a lot longer than most humans would allow*.

Spudil, you should enjoy the patience he's affording you and see if you can learn something, rather than resorting to abuse.

*He was the very last person to run out of patience with Leazes ffs.

Any thoughts on Pardew?

Aye he's struggled this season. He was never gonna lose his job if he kept us up though, and I don't think he deserves to lose it yet.

Let's see where we are 10 to 15 games into next season. If he's still struggling then it's time for him to go. In the meantime, he needs to be backed in the transfer market in the summer.

If he gets sacked now, it's back to square one, more transition. You've got to back the current bloke and give him a chance to get it right. When he's proven that he definitely can't do it, then he goes. We're not at that point yet with Pardew imo.

Out of interest do you agree with the theory that it's a bad idea to sack Pardew because we can't trust Ashley to appoint a proper replacement (this assumes the sacking is our decision, which is ridiculous).

Guest Gemmill

HF will attempt to engage in intelligent debate with the stupidest of people for a lot longer than most humans would allow*.

Spudil, you should enjoy the patience he's affording you and see if you can learn something, rather than resorting to abuse.

Any thoughts on Pardew?

Aye he's struggled this season. He was never gonna lose his job if he kept us up though, and I don't think he deserves to lose it yet.

Let's see where we are 10 to 15 games into next season. If he's still struggling then it's time for him to go. In the meantime, he needs to be backed in the transfer market in the summer.

If he gets sacked now, it's back to square one, more transition. You've got to back the current bloke and give him a chance to get it right. When he's proven that he definitely can't do it, then he goes. We're not at that point yet with Pardew imo.

Why write off another season? If he fails? Another season gone, players wanting out. it has to be done now.  We were a game away from relegation, how much more do you need?  I don't personally like the idea of losing our best players.

Anyone that's decided they're leaving is gonna leave anyway, cos in the event that he sacks Pardew, Ashley isn't about to appoint anyone that will convince them to stay.

And I'm not writing off another season, I'm saying give the man a chance to fix it. You've written off any season with Pardew in charge, not me.

Guest Dontooner

I get that most people use football as their escape from the mundane realities of everyday life (the wife, the job, the kids, the realisation that they're now in their thirties and still not headed in any meaningful direction in life, etc.) but when the escapism you crave isn't provided for you by the team you've chosen to support (often the case for many on here) then why not reduce some of the emotional capital you're investing into something that is providing you with negative returns and find something else to take your mind off the those mundane realities? Golf, fishing, reading, cinema, knitting?

Alternatively, you could continue to participate in the N-O game of melodramatic one-upmanship.

:lol: I'm sorry but that is hilarious and not in a good way. That is such a 'holier than thou' attitude towards supporting the club it's depressing. 'The club isn't going to reach your standards to make up for your s*** life so chose something else' seems to be the general theme. You can accept the realism that we're not great and we shoulsnt exopect to be and you can do so because it's not making up for deficiencies in your life?

I'm sorry but my life is great, and the football I've been subjected to this season is f***ing s****, mate. Totally unacceptable and none of the s**** excuses peddled wash. I'm sure this applies to everyone else too.

What a dumb post.......

I am successful , i want Newcastle to be getting better everyday .....It is the most positive thing i can thing of.

Escaping reality and disregarding the issues we have is being a failure.

Its true we might not be influential, in any of the decisions being made but it should not stop people from voicing out their opinions.

The way i see the arguments,

is people who analyses the game of football 

And the people who supports it

Simple as that , Clear as day to me .

Guest Gemmill

Any thoughts on Pardew?

Out of interest do you agree with the theory that it's a bad idea to sack Pardew because we can't trust Ashley to appoint a proper replacement (this assumes the sacking is our decision, which is ridiculous).

Based on all of the evidence to hand, it's more likely than not that Ashley's managerial appointments will continue to be disappointing. Unless you know something I don't, I'm not sure what you've got to dispute that.

People are losing sight of the reasons why we support and watch NUFC every time we play. Once you support a club you are pretty much stuck with it for life and the only way to go cold turkey is to live a long way away and not look at any of the social media available, TV, Internet, Newspapers etc. So we support and watch the team because we have very little choice, which then gets to the crux of the present problem with Pardew's version of Newcastle. We all want to be entertained when we watch the matches, we would all like us to be successful, we all would like our club to aspire to improve.

The reality is that we are the most god awful team to watch, similar to only Stoke in the Premier League, and we have been like this since Pardew joined the club apart from in half of dozen games last season and the Chelsea home game this one. It's a tactically rigid, negative percentage approach to the game that as someone pointed out, for the neutral must be mind blowingly boring to watch.

When it all comes down to it, it's about the football, and it's shocking. For that reason alone he should be replaced. Maybe the more influential players will tell Ashley that, that's what City's players did and as a result the equally negative Mancini has been sacked. We can only live in hope.

Guest Slippery Sam

Serious question here - what is Pardew's preferred brand of football?

I was thinking about it last night and I still haven't got a clue after 2 seasons. Pulis and Allardyce prefer a more direct, physical approach, Rodgers, Martinez, Wenger and a few others prefer carpet football, Hughton is defensive etc.

What exactly is the end goal for Pardew? If he actually pulls his finger out of his arsehole and gets us playing the way he wants us to, what will that look like?

Answers on a postcode

I asked this months ago. Never did get a reply. From what I have seen, there isn't one [a style of play, that is].  If I were a season ticket holder I would be thinking long and hard about laying out hard-earned money to watch the dross Parsnip serves up.

Any thoughts on Pardew?

Based on all of the evidence to hand, it's more likely than not that Ashley's managerial appointments will continue to be disappointing. Unless you know something I don't, I'm not sure what you've got to dispute that.

I just find it interesting given that you think Pardew should be backed with new players. If Ashley's true to form he'll buy him more of the same and he won't have a clue what to do with them either, don't you think?

What decent teams really get anywhere just by 'keeping it tight'? If you want to be a good side you need more than that about you.

Expectations seem high round these parts.

With an effective transfer budget of zero, a chairman actually taking £30m OUT of the club over a couple of years, the lowest paid manager in the league, and a bench full of geriatrics/kids, what makes you think the chairman shares your ambition for getting anywhere and being a good side?

Fair point. Unless he is really thick as shit then he must be able to see these are talented players though, you add 3/4 more good signings to the squad and maybe sacrifice one high earner and you've got a bloody good first 11 and a decent bench. Even without those additions to the squad I think another manager, any other premiership manager in fact would do a hell of a lot better. If he didn't give any kind of fuck he wouldn't be giving the go ahead for players like Cisse to sign. I'm not expecting us to win the league, just want to see some progression.

I've noticed that, i asked him about our style of play and the free kick hoofs. Maybe this will jog his memory.

Aye, dodging question all over aren't I.

There's a dozen of you and 2 of us expressing the counter argument.

I don't think Pardew is capable of implementing any style other than keeping it tight.  His set piece record is atrocious.

But then we scored from as many set pieces as Arsenal last season. Should Wenger be sacked for his awful set pieces?  We don't necessarily have to rely on them.

Arsenal don't have to rely on set pieces because they're great at creating chances as a team, you picked the worst possible team to compare us to. We could do with something to rely on because we can't create chances and we concede loads of goals, but he's shit at coaching set pieces as well. Incidentally, what are his good points as a manager?

That was the point of choosing Arsenal.  We've scored more goals from open play than 10 other teams...despite THE PLAYERS having one of the worst conversion rates in the league for the chances we create.  Arsenal are a more extreme example of a team who are "woeful" at set pieces, but compensate otherwise.

Guest bimpy474

I've noticed that, i asked him about our style of play and the free kick hoofs. Maybe this will jog his memory.

I don't think Pardew is capable of implementing any style other than keeping it tight.  His set piece record is atrocious.

But then we scored from as many set pieces as Arsenal last season. Should Wenger be sacked for his awful set pieces?  We don't necessarily have to rely on them.

Fair enough on your reply, cheers mate.

Second thing, the point about Arsenal is pathetic, seeing as they score freely from open play, have a good movement and have been high in the league every year. Its a ridiculous comparison.

We're no Arsenal. But we've scored more goals from open play than ten other teams.

What's infuriating is we all know the limitations with set pieces, we can't get a whipped ball onto the head of one of our players to save out life.  So we should work around the limitation and play set pieces short until we have the personnel to deliver on them.

Don't get me on the subject of Set pieces, i came up with the term Set Penis in state of anger, trust me i've been raging about them for a long long time.

Arsenal don't have to rely on set pieces because they're great at creating chances as a team, you picked the worst possible team to compare us to. We could do with something to rely on because we can't create chances and we concede loads of goals, but he's shit at coaching set pieces as well. Incidentally, what are his good points as a manager?

That was the point of choosing Arsenal.  We've scored more goals from open play than 10 other teams...despite THE PLAYERS having one of the worst conversion rates in the league for the chances we create.  Arsenal are a more extreme example of a team who are "woeful" at set pieces, but compensate otherwise.

I'm not really sure what your point is. We're bad at set pieces, we don't create many chances, we concede loads of goals.

Guest Gemmill

Any thoughts on Pardew?

I just find it interesting given that you think Pardew should be backed with new players. If Ashley's true to form he'll buy him more of the same and he won't have a clue what to do with them either, don't you think?

If you keep the bloke in charge, then you back him. You're looking at this through your "he needs to go" lens, which I don't agree with.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: I'm sorry but that is hilarious and not in a good way. That is such a 'holier than thou' attitude towards supporting the club it's depressing. 'The club isn't going to reach your standards to make up for your s*** life so chose something else' seems to be the general theme. You can accept the realism that we're not great and we shoulsnt exopect to be and you can do so because it's not making up for deficiencies in your life?

I'm sorry but my life is great, and the football I've been subjected to this season is f***ing s****, mate. Totally unacceptable and none of the s**** excuses peddled wash. I'm sure this applies to everyone else too.

What a dumb post.......

I am successful , i want Newcastle to be getting better everyday .....It is the most positive thing i can thing of.

Escaping reality and disregarding the issues we have is being a failure.

Its true we might not be influential, in any of the decisions being made but it should not stop people from voicing out their opinions.

The way i see the arguments,

is people who analyses the game of football 

And the people who supports it

Simple as that , Clear as day to me .

When i look at Mrs Bimpy i thank god for Newcastle United and football, but now the football is as fuck ugly as she is :(

Guest bimpy474

I've never seen Arsenal pumping it into the box from a free kick in their own half like.

I've only really seen us, Stoke and West Ham do it more than most, and a few times Everton do it. It's as depressing as feck.

I'm not really sure what your point is. We're bad at set pieces, we don't create many chances, we concede loads of goals.

We have more shots on goal than any other club outside the top 7.

We have more shots on target than any other club outside the top 7.

Our conversion rate is the second worst in the league.

Terrible post.  cannot be serious

Nearly half our shots were from outside the box, how does that compare to other PL sides?

edit:  wow, 55%, more than half

Guest bimpy474

I remember one game where we had a shit load of shots, nearly all of them were pathetic long range shots which trickled to the GK. We never cut teams open, we very rarely get in behind teams, we never have nice little one twos around the box. Only the Fulham game at home can i remember us creating lots of decent chances.

Stats don't always show the real story. We play shit football most of the time, plain and simple.