Alan Pardew

Mike

I've noticed that, i asked him about our style of play and the free kick hoofs. Maybe this will jog his memory.

Aye, dodging question all over aren't I.

There's a dozen of you and 2 of us expressing the counter argument.

I don't think Pardew is capable of implementing any style other than keeping it tight.  His set piece record is atrocious.

But then we scored from as many set pieces as Arsenal last season. Should Wenger be sacked for his awful set pieces?  We don't necessarily have to rely on them.

Arsenal don't have to rely on set pieces because they're great at creating chances as a team, you picked the worst possible team to compare us to. We could do with something to rely on because we can't create chances and we concede loads of goals, but he's s*** at coaching set pieces as well. Incidentally, what are his good points as a manager?

That was the point of choosing Arsenal.  We've scored more goals from open play than 10 other teams...despite THE PLAYERS having one of the worst conversion rates in the league for the chances we create.  Arsenal are a more extreme example of a team who are "woeful" at set pieces, but compensate otherwise.

I'm not really sure what your point is. We're bad at set pieces, we don't create many chances, we concede loads of goals.

We have more shots on goal than any other club outside the top 7.

We have more shots on target than any other club outside the top 7.

Our conversion rate is the second worst in the league.

Nearly half our shots were from outside the box, how does that compare to other PL sides?

edit:  wow, 55%, more than half

We're on 50%

Spurs are on 55%

....but we take more shots than the other teams.

Look at the breakdown of shoits inside and outside the box in terms of numbers rather than percentages and we're by no means the worst.

We've had 263 shots from inside the box this season.  More than 7 per game. More than 8 other teams.

All from our own box as we're pegged back according to some on here ;)

You are either drunk while watching us play or you simply watch a couple of games and trying to be a smart alex.

We have being peg back in most games this season, we nick goals which explain why we rarely win by more than 2 goals.

Can't take you for real when everything you analyse doesn't reflect the state of our games. Even those who support Pardew might not agree with the rubbish you speak. More chances than other teams?? Have you actually been watching the rest of the league. If you were aware of how the other teams being playing this season, you wouldn't be serving all this dross.

ignore hf he's a wum who i guess have not seen a single 90mins match and watches motd drunk.

:lol: He'll be devastated by this grammatically-mangled put-down.

Why do you care then?

Guest Dontooner

Its fine supporting Pardew with valid reasons , personally doubt he could relegate us next season as well. Although the same could be said for this season, Pardew actually exceeded my expectations and brought us pretty close.

My concerns has always been the performances which doesn't look sustainable in picking up points, the other more recent concerns is that Pardew out of his dept...by a far margin and because our performances are getting worse. (Many others exp. Mismatch in Players and Style etc.)

I will get behind the team even if Pardew stays, but i won't be supporting him for the sake of supporting the team.

Fix the priority of the problem the "Style and the players do not match".

Either we start buying players that suits a more aggressive/direct style

or

We change the manager

I have gone beyond the point where i think Pardew can suddenly become continental and craft Carpet football. No signs of that is encouraging that transformation.

Solve the issues we have , its not just injuries and bad luck, we just have not been good enough on the field.

Guest Gemmill

I've noticed that, i asked him about our style of play and the free kick hoofs. Maybe this will jog his memory.

I don't think Pardew is capable of implementing any style other than keeping it tight.  His set piece record is atrocious.

But then we scored from as many set pieces as Arsenal last season. Should Wenger be sacked for his awful set pieces?  We don't necessarily have to rely on them.

Arsenal don't have to rely on set pieces because they're great at creating chances as a team, you picked the worst possible team to compare us to. We could do with something to rely on because we can't create chances and we concede loads of goals, but he's s*** at coaching set pieces as well. Incidentally, what are his good points as a manager?

That was the point of choosing Arsenal.  We've scored more goals from open play than 10 other teams...despite THE PLAYERS having one of the worst conversion rates in the league for the chances we create.  Arsenal are a more extreme example of a team who are "woeful" at set pieces, but compensate otherwise.

I'm not really sure what your point is. We're bad at set pieces, we don't create many chances, we concede loads of goals.

Nearly half our shots were from outside the box, how does that compare to other PL sides?

We're on 50%

Spurs are on 55%

Look at the breakdown of shoits inside and outside the box in terms of numbers rather than percentages and we're by no means the worst.

We've had 263 shots from inside the box this season.  More than 7 per game. More than 8 other teams.

You are either drunk while watching us play or you simply watch a couple of games and trying to be a smart alex.

We have being peg back in most games this season, we nick goals which explain why we rarely win by more than 2 goals.

Can't take you for real when everything you analyse doesn't reflect the state of our games. Even those who support Pardew might not agree with the rubbish you speak. More chances than other teams?? Have you actually been watching the rest of the league. If you were aware of how the other teams being playing this season, you wouldn't be serving all this dross.

ignore hf he's a wum who i guess have not seen a single 90mins match and watches motd drunk.

Why do you care then?

Cos I'm a great bloke.

Guest Dontooner

10th to 17th base on the performances we are putting out, alot would also depend on HBA and Colo been available.

I don't think HBA is a world beater but he has been the difference in alot of our games.

I would be very worried if we lost both Colo and HBA for next season.

Guest Dontooner

Clearly when Colo and HBA being out of this team, we been leaking goals and we have been static in attack.

These two players dramatically changes the landscape in our chances next season.

Guest firetotheworks

After that multi-million pound January window he still claims narrowly avoiding relegation is an achievement :lol:

It reminds me of Bez when he thought that everyone at Southampton was pathetic for celebrating not getting relegated...and it truly is.

We're on 50%

Spurs are on 55%

There's that excellent, really funny piss taking again.

Guest Phil K

Its fine supporting Pardew with valid reasons , personally doubt he could relegate us next season as well. Although the same could be said for this season, Pardew actually exceeded my expectations and brought us pretty close.

My concerns has always been the performances which doesn't look sustainable in picking up points, the other more recent concerns is that Pardew out of his dept...by a far margin and because our performances are getting worse. (Many others exp. Mismatch in Players and Style etc.)

I will get behind the team even if Pardew stays, but i won't be supporting him for the sake of supporting the team.

Fix the priority of the problem the "Style and the players do not match".

Either we start buying players that suits a more aggressive/direct style

or

We change the manager

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/up.gif What HE says

Guest Gemmill

We're on 50%

Spurs are on 55%

There's that excellent, really funny piss taking again.

You're making me blush.

We're on 50%

Spurs are on 55%

:mike: i do my best

Stats mean very little on their own; nobody at all watching us this season can genuinely believe we are a cohesive attacking unit.

Yeah, you can prove anything with facts can't you ;)

Stats account for very little. But when someone says "we create very little"  and the facts show we create more chances than 13 other teams then the stats show that person is wrong.

OPTA - Clear-Cut Chances Created

1. Man Utd (83)

2. Man City (81)*

3. Liverpool (75)

4. Everton (70)

5. Arsenal (65)*

6. Chelsea (56)

7. Swansea (53)

8. Tottenham (49)

9. Norwich (46)

10. Newcastle (45)

11. Southampton (44)

= West Brom (44)

13. Aston Villa (43)

14. Wigan (42)*

15. Fulham (37)

16. West Ham (33)

17. QPR (32)

18. Reading (31)*

19. Stoke (30)

20. Sunderland (27)

*Played 1 game less.

No agenda here, just wanted to give the actual numbers of "chances created" as opposed to looking at shots taken.

OPTA defines "clear-cut chances" as being "a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range."

This is opposed to just "chances" which they describe as "assists plus key passes" or "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal" plus "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring".

Guest icemanblue

Southampton (but, Pochettino!), West Brom, Villa, Wigan (but, Martinez!), Fulham (but, Jol!), West Ham, QPR, Reading, Stoke and Sunderland, didn't. :anguish:

Guest icemanblue

Southampton, West Brom, Villa, Wigan (but, Martinez!), Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Reading, Stoke and Sunderland, didn't.

You've listed some great teams there.

Thanks. But, have a look at the ones above us. They're even better!

Southampton (but, Pochettino!), West Brom, Villa, Wigan (but, Martinez!), Fulham (but, Jol!), West Ham, QPR, Reading, Stoke and Sunderland, didn't. :anguish:

Pochettino hasn't been there long enough to compare and Fulham apart from Berbatov and Ruiz have a dire set of players.

Rest i don't care about as they are mid table and relegation dross.

Guest icemanblue

Pochettino hasn't been there long enough to compare and Fulham apart from Berbatov and Ruiz have a dire set of players.

You're cracking out the anguish because Norwich have created one more chance than us, man. Don't get reasonable, now. Who, out of those above us, would you be expecting us to create more than? I'll give you Swansea (but, Laudrup!) as a starter.

You're cracking out the anguish because Norwich have created one more chance than us, man. Don't get reasonable, now. Who, out of those above us, would you be expecting us to create more than? I'll give you Swansea (but, Laudrup!) as a starter.

Fair point, do think that we don't create anywhere near enough chances and this is proof of that.

Also is their rules for when and where we crack out the anguish now?  ;)

Cant believe people are trying to look on the "bright side" of us nearly going down.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Fair point, do think that we don't create anywhere near enough chances and this is proof of that.

Also is their rules for when and where we crack out the anguish now?  ;)

It is?  :undecided:

No rules for it, as far as I'm aware, no. Dave hasn't approved my suggestions yet.

Who compiles these awful tables? I mean how ridiculous  :lol:

Me, on that occasion :laugh:

To be fair I just thought that as stats were being used to back up certain arguments that we might as well have the most relevant ones possible.