Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

It is good artwork.  Though I personally wouldn't dare do it about football etc.

Aye, even looking past the whole Pardew thing I've never been a one to decorate overly with football stuff. Just looks shit imo.

Agreed, i've got nothing hanging up though I've got stuff I could.

It's about keeping up appearances as well.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28800000/KUA-keeping-up-appearances-28842070-700-525.jpg

It is good artwork.  Though I personally wouldn't dare do it about football etc.

Aye, even looking past the whole Pardew thing I've never been a one to decorate overly with football stuff. Just looks shit imo.

Agreed, i've got nothing hanging up though I've got stuff I could.

It's about keeping up appearances as well.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28800000/KUA-keeping-up-appearances-28842070-700-525.jpg

I'd rather have Pardew than Hyacinth Bucket tbh.

If I had my own house with a spare room I would have some NUFC pictures and stuff, though nothing tacky.

Much though I hate Pardew, I don't see the problem in doing this if you're a capable artist yourself, and I assume the person whose house this is did it himself rather than employ someone at great expense.

If you can do this yourself, it's just your time and a few materials as the cost. If you want to repaint it and do something else, you can do easily. It's just a bit of fun and a chance to practice your art.

Much though I hate Pardew, I don't see the problem in doing this if you're a capable artist yourself, and I assume the person whose house this is did it himself rather than employ someone at great expense.

If you can do this yourself, it's just your time and a few materials as the cost. If you want to repaint it and do something else, you can do easily. It's just a bit of fun and a chance to practice your art.

No one is criticising the expenditure or the quality of artistry, it's just surprising why someone would paint a huge turd on their wall.

If I had my own house with a spare room I would have some NUFC pictures and stuff, though nothing tacky.

It's possible to create a tasteful, non-wanker man-cave. Some NUFC memorabilia, lush carpeting, a big comfy chair and a mini-fridge. That's the dream.

It's possible to create a tasteful, non-wanker man-cave. Some NUFC memorabilia, lush carpeting, a big comfy chair and a mini-fridge. That's the dream.

And a TV of course. Not just sitting in my chair, wanking in a room of Toon gear. :lol:

And a TV of course. Not just sitting in my chair, wanking in a room of Toon gear. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/RrtgK3D.jpg

As I missed the last few pages i'll just say the best thing about stats is how angry they make people whose agenda is compromised by them.

I dont use stats to defend Pardew. I use them as evidence where the criticism is factually false.

You will not find me suggesting for one second that the football is has been good. I was criticising his footbsll when we came 5th.  But people like to go over board, where Pardew is to blame for one thing he is to blame for all things...even imaginary criticisms with no basis in fact.

Pages of this thread can be defined as

#

"OMG we don't create any chances"

"In comparison to the rest of the league we actually create a good deal of chances but our conversion rate is poor"

"OMG you're a wum the football is shit"

Return to #

Creating chances and the football being shit aren't mutually exclusive.

I wasn't here much when Money ball was a hot topic. But if you think stats are irrelevant in the multi billion pound world of sport you are ignorant.

Football's simply not a stats game as much as some other sports are. That's not to say that they don't have their place but there's too many variables. A simple stat saying the team had a shot at goal tells me nothing - did the shooter have any better options or were they all holding their positions? How many other people were in the box trying to create space for him?

Using a measure of shots at goal to represent chances created, for example, is a blatant misrepresentation of how the game works.

I've never seen Arsenal pumping it into the box from a free kick in their own half like.

Arsenal goal from a corner.

"Woeful" says Happy Face. :lol:

Shambolic defending from Wigan. 

Worse than against Swansea. 

Lord knows what Martinez would do with Simpson, Williamson, Taylor and Santon.

;)