Alan Pardew

Mike

Douglas just tweeted a couple of things regarding this. Apparently they've met three times since QPR and "strong vibes" from the club that AP isn't under any threat at all.

I need to sign my mind out of this shit for a while. The fucking cretin is going to drag us down with him. Haven't been this frustrated with the club before.

I just hope Newcastle fans don't drag this negativity throughout the summer going in to next season, understand majority still slightly hoping for a minor  miracle but let’s face facts, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Day after day, criticising Pardew, moan about a new manager coming in. Same old. He's here, Ashley is content, we all need to pick ourselves back up and just grab some optimistic straws for next season with Pardew at the helm.

Douglas just tweeted a couple of things regarding this. Apparently they've met three times since QPR and "strong vibes" from the club that AP isn't under any threat at all.

I need to sign my mind out of this s*** for a while. The f***ing cretin is going to drag us down with him. Haven't been this frustrated with the club before.

MarkDouglas

Situation is this: strong vibes from #nufc that AP not under any sort of threat. My info is that Ashley has largely kept counsel on it. 1/2

MarkDouglas

What I would say is that MA has met AP three times since QPR match. AP has been bullish since. Make of that what you will. 2/2

Will Pardew get sacked?

MarkDouglas

Seems unlikely. But MA keeping cards v.close to chest. Feel he wants to address problems.

Guest neesy111

I just hope Newcastle fans don't drag this negativity throughout the summer going in to next season, understand majority still slightly hoping for a minor  miracle but let’s face facts, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Day after day, criticising Pardew, moan about a new manager coming in. Same old. He's here, Ashley is content, we all need to pick ourselves back up and just grab some optimistic straws for next season with Pardew at the helm.

It doesn't make a difference whether the fans are moaning or not.

It doesn't make any difference to the club, but it makes our lives fucking miserable. After this week I have to agree with Brett, better batten down the hatches and look forward to next season. It obviously won't be near as bad as this one.

Guest icemanblue

I think it's quite telling that the NE journos stayed quiet throughout the most heated night of 'internet rumours', to be honest. Letting the dafties have their fun, then reiterate the club's line when the dust has settled. We've not heard a single thing from the usual reliable sources to suggest his position is in any way under threat.

Aye, it's unfortunate and all that. But, we're going to be stuck with him for the time being.

Guest neesy111

It doesn't make any difference to the club, but it makes our lives fucking miserable. After this week I have to agree with Brett, better batten down the hatches and look forward to next season. It obviously won't be near as bad as this one.

That isn't certain tbh because we don't who'll leave or not.

Hopefully we'll get a bit of business done early in the window and inject a bit of positivity.  I hate feeling so negative about where the club is heading.

It doesn't make any difference to the club, but it makes our lives f***ing miserable. After this week I have to agree with Brett, better batten down the hatches and look forward to next season. It obviously won't be near as bad as this one.

It would take something drastic to happen to even be close to as bad as this season. I think we could lose two/three key players and we still won't be hitting 5th bottom again. This season was just a disaster all around. I feel sorry for fans if they are going into next season thinking we are going to be anywhere near as bad.

I think it's significant that Carr's going to be at this meeting as well. At some point some tough questions are going to have to be asked. Why are we buying small technical players if Pardew wants tall jumpers? There is a massive disconnect between the players we are buying and the ones Pardew seems to prefer. If the meeting is going to be a proper review then either Pardew or Carr have got some explaining to do. It's for that reason I still think there is a great chance that pardew will be shown the door. Local journalists can think what they like, they are probably just speculating like everyone else.

Guest palnese

Some prophetic quotes from Alan Pardew about season 2012/13:

"I’m hoping that I will educate our fans for next season.

"If they think we can finish fifth with a European campaign and the finances we’ve got, it’s impossible. I honestly believe that you need to be a bit more open with the fans. The problem some managers have is they’re not open enough.

"This year, I’m sure we’ll say something like, ‘We’re looking for a top-eight finish, hopefully attack one of the cups and have a great run in Europe. I wouldn’t say we couldn’t challenge for the top six if we got knocked out of Europe. Then we wouldn’t have those extra 13 games."

He said this exactly one year ago.

I won't be in the slightest surprised if Pardew stays on. That comment from .com is spot on, who are they realistically going to employ instead of him that's any better? They simply aren't that bothered in terms of progression. We've stayed in the league, they have the prem money and he absolutely fits in with their system. Only if (and as expected) he totally cocks up the start of next season will they even think about replacing him.

This season and especially since January really has sucked the life out of me in terms of excitement/enjoyment with the club. Utterly depressing  :sad:

Guest neesy111

Some prophetic quotes from Alan Pardew about season 2012/13:

"I’m hoping that I will educate our fans for next season.

"If they think we can finish fifth with a European campaign and the finances we’ve got, it’s impossible. I honestly believe that you need to be a bit more open with the fans. The problem some managers have is they’re not open enough.

"This year, I’m sure we’ll say something like, ‘We’re looking for a top-eight finish, hopefully attack one of the cups and have a great run in Europe. I wouldn’t say we couldn’t challenge for the top six if we got knocked out of Europe. Then we wouldn’t have those extra 13 games."

He said this exactly one year ago.

19th richest club in the world.

10th highest attendance in Europe.

Yet we are peddled that we can't compete on 2 fronts, it's absolutely fucking pathetic.  No wonder why I'm fucking fed up with the club as a whole, no ambition at all from anyone within it.

It doesn't make any difference to the club, but it makes our lives f***ing miserable. After this week I have to agree with Brett, better batten down the hatches and look forward to next season. It obviously won't be near as bad as this one.

It would take something drastic to happen to even be close to as bad as this season. I think we could lose two/three key players and we still won't be hitting 5th bottom again. This season was just a disaster all around. I feel sorry for fans if they are going into next season thinking we are going to be anywhere near as bad.

The onus is on Pardew to us give a reason not to be negative. So far its been been lies and scapegoating with little in the way of concrete progress each time. My optimism will only stretch as far as my perception of success (i.e not bottom 5 at the very least) allows it to be. I expect it to be better but ultimately fear it could equally be worse.

I think it's significant that Carr's going to be at this meeting as well. At some point some tough questions are going to have to be asked. Why are we buying small technical players if Pardew wants tall jumpers? There is a massive disconnect between the players we are buying and the ones Pardew seems to prefer. If the meeting is going to be a proper review then either Pardew or Carr have got some explaining to do. It's for that reason I still think there is a great chance that pardew will be shown the door. Local journalists can think what they like, they are probably just speculating like everyone else.

It seems to me the scouting and the first team are 2 almost entirely disparate entities.  Carr is tasked with finding good deals, young players that have the potential to add value.  Pardew is tasked with fitting those players into his team.

I don't think it's ever gone the other way, where Pardew says what he needs and Carr looks for players to fill the gaps.  At best, Pardew runs his eye over potential purchases and says whether he's happy with them too.

If Carr is going along to the meeting, my view would be that it's not at all to shine a light on Pardew and insist on answers about why his system doesn't incorporate players better.  It will be to improve co-ordination between fierst team needs and scouting objectives.

Whenever Carr has spoken about Pardew it has only been to offer glowing praise about how he has brought on the players provided to him...

“I think Alan Pardew’s done a great job because he’s actually organised the side into a winning side. Cheick Tiote has improved. Hatem Ben Arfa, he was a little bit temperamental in France. He’s a talented player who played for the French national side two years ago. He had a problem, he fell asleep on the bench when he was at Lyon. But I think Alan Pardew’s putting an arm around him now and has got him playing to his true capabilities."

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/04/fatty-man-the-full-graham-carr-talksport-interview-transcribed/#.UZyIs6KvN8E

“It is my job to find players, however, Alan is the man who has to mould them into a team and he has done that brilliantly for Newcastle.

“He and his coaching staff deserve huge credit for the way they have gelled together a group from so many different backgrounds.

“Managers have a much different job these days to when I was in management. When I was at Northampton, for example, there wasn’t a single soul at the club in the afternoon. You had time to go scouting yourself. Now Alan has the media to deal with, for one thing, on an almost daily basis, there are double training sessions and, of course, most weeks there are games Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday.

“So the managers don’t have time to go and watch players like they used to and that where I, and my colleagues come in.

“However, Alan is different. No matter how hectic his schedule is he will find time to go to watch a player who I have recommended. That’s a great commitment.

“I have a fantastic relationship with Alan and that is so important. He trusts me and I think a reason for this is because he knows I was a manager.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/08/interview-newcastle-united-chief-scout-graham-carr-61634-31138128/#ixzz2U0hKSjZt

The onus is on Pardew to us give a reason not to be negative. So far its been been lies and scapegoating with little in the way of concrete progress each time. My optimism will only stretch as far as my perception of success (i.e not bottom 5 at the very least) allows it to be. I expect it to be better but ultimately fear it could equally be worse.

Each to their own i suppose. I'm on the opposite side of the fence and think this group can move on together and have a strong season. Expect a couple of big names and a couple of fringe players may go but sincerely hope they are replaced with quality. I do feel like Ashley won't hold back like last summer however and dig deep like he did in Jan. A good start to the season is crucial, if we manage that, there is no reason why we can't challenge, 8th-5th places.

Each to their own i suppose. I'm on the opposite side of the fence and think this group can move on together and have a strong season. Expect a couple of big names and a couple of fringe players may go but sincerely hope they are replaced with quality. I do feel like Ashley won't hold back like last summer however and dig deep like he did in Jan. A good start to the season is crucial, if we manage that, there is no reason why we can't challenge, 8th-5th places.

How much can you expect him to invest on the field?  He's pulling £18m out of the club this year to pay back himself the advance he gave the club to cover relegation.

I'll be amazed if we spend over £10m, net.

Guest neesy111

The man shouldn't be allowed to speak in public.

It really is painful isn't it. Actually its more embarrassing now to be honest.

If it's any consolation, nobody is scrutinising his quotes as closely as we are.

They do on Twitter.

Some good recent posts. :thup:

If Pardew is staying (and let's be frank, there's no indication that he isn't) then there's no benefit to continuing to be down about it. Blind hope it may be, but we have to hope we sign some good players, come back refreshed and do much better next season.

How much can you expect him to invest on the field?  He's pulling £18m out of the club this year to pay back himself the advance he gave the club to cover relegation.

I'll be amazed if we spend over £10m, net.

Well considering he sanctioned 10 million for Remy in Jan, i see no reason why he won't spend a similar amount to that on a striker for starters. Of course if he sells say Cabaye for 20 million, i then don't expect him to go and splash the sale money elsewhere.