Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest reefatoon

Some good recent posts. :thup:

If Pardew is staying (and let's be frank, there's no indication that he isn't) then there's no benefit to continuing to be down about it. Blind hope it may be, but we have to hope we sign some good players, come back refreshed and do much better next season.

He will have to grow a pair for next season if he is staying.  His negativity before games has been plain to see.  We should never go into home games just looking to avoid defeat, I hate that attitude.

If Pardew is staying (and let's be frank, there's no indication that he isn't) then there's no benefit to continuing to be down about it. Blind hope it may be, but we have to hope we sign some good players, come back refreshed and do much better next season.

Maybe...but it there will be squirming and support through gritted teeth for me I'm sure.

Can't believe he's lasted this long past the last game of the season, even stoke have seen to get rid, but we continue to flog the dead horse.

Ambition, the club has none and we will be lucky to survive another season like this one with Pardew in charge

Guest bimpy474

If he is staying, i suspect he is. A new coach to work with him might be a good idea, something they've talked about recently.

I think it's significant that Carr's going to be at this meeting as well. At some point some tough questions are going to have to be asked. Why are we buying small technical players if Pardew wants tall jumpers? There is a massive disconnect between the players we are buying and the ones Pardew seems to prefer. If the meeting is going to be a proper review then either Pardew or Carr have got some explaining to do. It's for that reason I still think there is a great chance that pardew will be shown the door. Local journalists can think what they like, they are probably just speculating like everyone else.

It seems to me the scouting and the first team are 2 almost entirely disparate entities.  Carr is tasked with finding good deals, young players that have the potential to add value.  Pardew is tasked with fitting those players into his team.

I don't think it's ever gone the other way, where Pardew says what he needs and Carr looks for players to fill the gaps.  At best, Pardew runs his eye over potential purchases and says whether he's happy with them too.

If Carr is going along to the meeting, my view would be that it's not at all to shine a light on Pardew and insist on answers about why his system doesn't incorporate players better.  It will be to improve co-ordination between fierst team needs and scouting objectives.

Whenever Carr has spoken about Pardew it has only been to offer glowing praise about how he has brought on the players provided to him...

I'm sure Ashley and Dekka were hoping that was how it was going to work out, not knowing that much about football, but even when the first influx of French players came in two seasons ago I said it would be a test of Pardew's coaching credentials, as to get the best out of them would need a manager with a very different mindset. Coming very close to relegation this year should be a massive wake up call to those at the top, and you can only hope they don't think it was just a blip because it wasn't. Unless that chasm between scouting and coaching is closed there is going to be a repeat next year.

Still no official confirmation he's staying? Come on get on with it so I can get rid of whatever faint hope I had left

Not sure there'll be any official confirmation. Just the absence of a sacking.

I reckon we'll see some statement from the club even if he's staying - kind of a reiteration of their support / determination to put things right type of thing.

Hope is draining by the minute, but if he is to stay, as I suspect, there has to be a decent financial backing this summer, possibly a new number 2 and a few new coaches employed. If we're keeping him he needs retraining and new ideas as currently he seems to have hit a brick wall and can't take us further.

Guest firetotheworks

I have to be honest with myself and say that I can't do that. Any players coming in will mean little to me until the Pardew cloud has gone. We already have very good players imo. New very good players won't improve Pardew.

I have to be honest with myself and say that I can't do that. Any players coming in will mean little to me until the Pardew cloud has gone. We already have very good players imo. New very good players won't improve Pardew.

Baffling.

Guest neesy111

Baffling.

Baffling.

What's baffling?

Baffling.

:lol:

this is how i feel also. I cant be bothered about anything atm. Normally i or we would already be discussing new players and who is leaving and so on.

But i do not care. I feel we have such a good squad - only a few quality players from being a top class side. But from what i have seen all season i feel like we are closer to loose key players than bringing new ones in.

I personally believe our best players have lost their faith in pardew and wouldn´t mind leaving. Hope im wrong.

This is such a HUGE opportunity to bring in a good manager and fullfill the obvious potential this squad has!

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how it's baffling. We have a squad full of internationals, and one exceptional player in terms of what we can realistically attract (Ben Arfa) If Pardew can't do it now and stop playing negative crap, then he's not going to change the way we play just because X player comes in. He plays his way regardless of the players, so the only way that I can see results improving is if we bring in a genuine target man. That's not what I want, nor does it suit the players we have. In a nutshell, it's the manager that is clearly unsuitable.

Guest reefatoon

this is how i feel also. I cant be bothered about anything atm. Normally i or we would already be discussing new players and who is leaving and so on.

But i do not care. I feel we have such a good squad - only a few quality players from being a top class side. But from what i have seen all season i feel like we are closer to loose key players than bringing new ones in.

I personally believe our best players have lost their faith in pardew and wouldn´t mind leaving. Hope im wrong.

This is such a HUGE opportunity to bring in a good manager and fullfill the obvious potential this squad has!

Yep agree totally. The players are good enough, but just don't have any confidence.  We need a manager who will instill confidence into them, not blurt out constant excuses before, during and after every game.  Without trying to drag up the past, players under Keegan always said they felt 10 foot tall everytime they went out on the pitch and felt unbeatable.  It's not rocket science.

Hope is draining by the minute, but if he is to stay, as I suspect, there has to be a decent financial backing this summer, possibly a new number 2 and a few new coaches employed. If we're keeping him he needs retraining and new ideas as currently he seems to have hit a brick wall and can't take us further.

I don't really understand this line of thinking tbh. What's the point in bringing in new coaches if the manager doesn't understand that type of football? The solution is simple for me:

a) Sack the manager and bring one to suit the players being recruited by Carr.

b) Sack the scout and buy players suited to Pardew, e.g. Carroll.

The current hotch potch solution is exactly the reason we have ended up fighting relegation with players looking baffled and eventually worn down. Ashley has to make a decision now, or he can end up making it at Xmas by which time another season will be down the drain.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, I think I would even go as far as saying that if Pardew stays, we can write off next season immediately.

Guest icemanblue

Tbh, I think I would even go as far as saying that if Pardew stays, we can write off next season immediately.

:lol: Jesus.

the main reason we did well last season was because or team spirit was so high. Credit to pardew for keeping the spirit up - But it was Hughton who developed it. Its was also the only reason why we were so enjoyable to watch - because we played very primitive and direct football and had the nessesary luck.

That spirit cannot be restored under these new circumstances and i can´t see technical gifted players coming here for the football we play.

If quality players comes here - its because of the fans nothing else.

What's baffling?

The fact he can't get behind the club the start of the new season regardless of what players come in simply because of his dislike for the manager. If fans flock in to SJP with this kind of attitude on the first game of the season, it's another needless obstacle for the players/manager to overcome. You know with this kind of attitude will be met with moans and groans as soon as the first thing doesn't go to plan. It's a new season, the owners have made the choice to keep him, lets get behind the manager and players to give them support to hopefully get off to a positive start, that's all that we did when finished 5th, we got a winning mentality instilled within the group, we didn't think we were going to concede, we fancied our chances to nick games, from then on we moved throughout the year looking comfortable with a few mishaps along the way. We all know last season was a disaster, we all know Pardew is a very limited manager, but going into the season on his back isn't going to help anyone.