Alan Pardew

Mike

Sack Pardew and hire Pulis. I would actually give up football if that happend  :lol:

Imagine that :lol: I'd think someone would kill Ashley if that ever happened. :lol:

The two games against Stoke have been consistently the worst games to watch, imagine having that for 38 games and it's your team that are guilty of murdering football. :anguish:

And before someone makes a witty remark along the lines of 'that's what Pardew is already doing to us', we're nowhere near as bad as Stoke

I see Benitez is favorite for the Stoke job. If we keep Pardew and Stoke appoint Rafa before the weekend I will cry, I really will.

If this happens we may as well just give up on football.

The most frustrating thing is that everyone can see it except the fools that make the decisions or the media that licks their asses.

Yes we could give Pardew next season but we all know that we will be bottom half come december and we will end up sacking him. Why waste the perfect opportunity when decent managers are available and have time to plan for next season. Frustrating doesnt even cover it.

Guest Affy

Someone started a rumour on Twitter that Pardew has left the club and so many people are believing it ffs. :lol: It must be so easy trolling people on Twitter.

What pisses me off more is I still get a tad excited even though i know its fake  :lol:

Wish people would stop saying Pulis, it's just not going to happen. Fear for the sake of fear.

The more we say it, the less likely it is to happen. We need to start praising Pards for the same reason.

Figures just release show that Newcastle's total revenue from the live TV transmission of Premier League games in the 2012/13 season was £45.2m - down almost £9m on their earnings for the previous season.

The Magpies finished 13th in the overall Premier League revenue table alongside Fulham, Aston Villa and Stoke City but well behind the champions Manchester United who raked in £60.8m.

Revenue figures are calculated by an equal division of half the domestic TV revenue among all Premier League clubs, along with sharing out all of the overseas rights wedge.

25% of the domestic fund is awarded based on eague placing and the remaining 25% recognises the frequency that a team has their game transmitted live in the UK.

Earnings for the 2013/14 campaign are expected to increase by around £20m per team, following the agreement of lucrative new contracts.

NB: Newcastle partially offset the reduced revenues due to the payment of additional undisclosed revenues from  live transmission of their League Cup tie at Old Trafford, the FA Cup tie at Brighton and their Europa League ties.

Full figures:

http://i.imgur.com/QWzbDJJ.jpg

For us:

http://i.imgur.com/s3Ao1WX.png

:slowclap:

Newcastle lost three successive home games for the first time since the 2008/09 relegation season, when Manchester United, Arsenal & Chelsea left with maximum points in March/April 2009.

And losing their final three home games of a season set an unwanted record, that's something that no Magpies side had ever contrived to do in their entire history.

Figures just release show that Newcastle's total revenue from the live TV transmission of Premier League games in the 2012/13 season was £45.2m - down almost £9m on their earnings for the previous season.

The Magpies finished 13th in the overall Premier League revenue table alongside Fulham, Aston Villa and Stoke City but well behind the champions Manchester United who raked in £60.8m.

Revenue figures are calculated by an equal division of half the domestic TV revenue among all Premier League clubs, along with sharing out all of the overseas rights wedge.

25% of the domestic fund is awarded based on eague placing and the remaining 25% recognises the frequency that a team has their game transmitted live in the UK.

Earnings for the 2013/14 campaign are expected to increase by around £20m per team, following the agreement of lucrative new contracts.

NB: Newcastle partially offset the reduced revenues due to the payment of additional undisclosed revenues from  live transmission of their League Cup tie at Old Trafford, the FA Cup tie at Brighton and their Europa League ties.

Full figures:

http://i.imgur.com/QWzbDJJ.jpg

For us:

http://i.imgur.com/s3Ao1WX.png

If anything that shit might get him sacked so fingers crossed.

Although his unfortunate "safe now" quote after beating Stoke ultimately failed to bite him on the backside, it remains to be seen whether Pardew's confidence that he'll remain in post is justified.

Unsurprisingly, the should he stay or go topic has been the subject of most correspondence and conversations since the Benfica defeat and our line remains the same as it was during the time that Ardiles, Roeder, Allardyce, Hughton etc. were here - show him the door if you can improve on what you have (exactly the same attitude that we have about players by the way).

And therein lies the problem. Unless there's a change in attitude and strategy then Pardew's replacement would come from exactly the same average level of management.

Not in current employment (TV studio excepted) or not requiring payment of compensation.

Willing to work within a rigid structure when player sales and purchases are decided elsewhere.

Willing to work for a basic salary towards the lower end of what top-flight clubs pay.

Willing to accept a limited transfer budget and guidance on how to spend it.

Not in demand by other clubs - ie glad to have the job.

Take those criteria on board and the ongoing talk of Rafa Benitez is laughable. Not impossible, but only achievable by dumping the current organisation - or attempting to convey that impression.

Given the trials and tribulations of this season, there has to be a certain sympathy for the manager in what he's been expected to deal with - even if his response to circumstances hasn't always found favour and his inability to keep quiet at certain times has grated (if he does go, then publicly urging the owner to take the blame for our underachievement won't have helped his cause).

But while he's right about missing big players at crucial times due to misfortune and misadventure, other situations remain unresolved, principally the long-term unavailability of Hatem Ben Arfa, the mismanagement of his fitness and the misleading public statements about [operations]. That HBA then returned from France looking like the Michelin Man is also a worry, although that looks more attributable to power shakes than visits to the patisserie.

:thup:

Sack Pardew and hire Pulis. I would actually give up football if that happend  :lol:

Imagine that :lol: I'd think someone would kill Ashley if that ever happened. :lol:

And before someone makes a witty remark along the lines of 'that's what Pardew is already doing to us', we're nowhere near as bad as Stoke

We weren't as bad as Stoke this season, we were worse. Negative, physical, rudimentary, gritty, organised Stoke City vs the clueless, gutless, undefined, meandering, amorphous amoeba that is Newcastle United on the football pitch; I'd much prefer the first option. It's no coincidence that Stoke have never really looked like being relegated under Pulis, while we came within a monobrow hair's breadth of being relegated this past season.

Of course I wouldn't like Pulis as a manager since, like you've said, it would be a guarantee of watching football being destroyed each week, but under Pardew we neither create nor destroy - which is a far worse situation to be in.

Pardew will be promised squad investment and then given at least half of next season to show he can turn things around. I simply can't see there being any other outcome.

We just have to hope that he can turn things around.

Newcastle lost three successive home games for the first time since the 2008/09 relegation season, when Manchester United, Arsenal & Chelsea left with maximum points in March/April 2009.

And losing their final three home games of a season set an unwanted record, that's something that no Magpies side had ever contrived to do in their entire history.

We may have lost them all but the results and performances weren't that bad.

I hope your referring to the first three games mentioned there and not the last three...

He knew Cabaye was never going to last 90 minutes so he did what any good manager would do and replaced Sylvain Mareaux with James Perch. We lost our control of the game, Le Fondra scored, he took Cabaye off for Bigirimana, they scored again. He completed his 20 minutes of madness by replacing Anita with Obertan.

We are now playing with a front 6 of Cisse, Shola, Obertan, Jonas, Bigirimana & Perch. I don't think I've ever hated the man more.

Swansea at SJP was the pinnacle of his baffling substitutions for me.  Swapped a winger for a target man who then had nobody to supply him crosses.  He outdid himself then by bringing on Bigi for Simpson when we were trailing 0-1 with Anita moving to left back and Santon moving over to right back.  Seemed as bizarre as it was pointless.

I hope your referring to the first three games mentioned there and not the last three...

It was a sarcastic reference to the latter. Apologies.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Pardew will be promised squad investment and then given at least half of next season to show he can turn things around. I simply can't see there being any other outcome.

We just have to hope that he can turn things around.

This.

Except the last bit: forget about it, he can't.