Alan Pardew

Mike

Alan Pardew will be the voice of Newcastle United

24 Jun 2013 09:00

Alan Pardew will continue to be the figure who will address fans via all forms of media next season despite Joe Kinnear's arrival at the club

Alan Pardew will continue to be Newcastle United’s public face next season – despite the arrival of Joe Kinnear.

While the club’s new director of football has gone public on a range of issues in the wake of his return to St James’ Park, Pardew will be the man who Newcastle put in front of the cameras before and after matches.

And Pardew will be the figure who will address fans via all forms of media.

This situation was clarified during the pair’s meeting last week in London and rubber-stamped over the weekend by Kinnear.

Kinnear said: “The public face when addressing the supporters via the media will be Alan Pardew.”

Newcastle are also set to stick with the same backroom staff which has served them well during Pardew’s tenure on Tyneside.

Pardew has an incredible amount of faith in assistant boss John Carver and first-team coach Steve Stone.

At the end of last season he said: “John will be here as long as I am at the football club.”

Pardew has also said in the past that with Carver at the club a part of Sir Bobby Robson will live on.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-voice-newcastle-united-4702880?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pardew has not exactly covered himself in glory when speaking to the fans - quite often, he makes things seem worse than they are - IF that is possible so this news is not exactly welcome.

As far as Poyet is concerned, the jury is still out but I would take him instead of Pardew - immediately.

We know just how bad Pardew is as a manager in today's PL and we will go nowhere with him in charge.

Is that meant to be a good thing? :lol:

I think it is as far as the other option, I guess the media would much prefer JFK but if we want less of a circus then Pards is the better choice.

Lesser of 2 evils aye, but just 'cause we have this joker in doesn't mean Pardew's any less of a twat when being interviewed.  Don't think I want to hear what either of them have to say at this point in time :lol:

I'd take Poyet over Pardew if it was offered. Not saying we shouldn't be aiming higher but if that was on the table it has to be an improvement. Poyet's not particularly likeable, but then Pardew the adulterer, smarmy bullshitter isn't someone I have much time for on a personal level. Also its football, there's no shortage of tainted people.

I feel that Poyet hasn't achieved more than Pardew in the game but he seems to be someone whose career is moving forwards. That being said I think if we start with a fit team we should fair far better than last season (not bloody hard).

No good can come of endlessly discussing other managers when Pardew is going to be in charge for the foreseeable future.

You think...bad start to the season and aln perdu will be history.

No good can come of endlessly discussing other managers when Pardew is going to be in charge for the foreseeable future.

True, hopefully we'll have a good start though. And if Pardew does prove to be irredeemable then Ashley is willing to spend the money to sack him.

Well it can only really go 1 of 3 ways...a storming start, an average start or a poor start.  given all the recent clearing of the decks behind the scenes, llambias walking, kinnear coming in, players looking totally demotivated in home games,rumors of pardew wanting uk based players and not happy with the frenchies,ashleys meddling, pardews tactics, unable to score or defend, good players leaving and not sure ofwhats coming in...

Yeah we can only guess how it will go but youve gotta be worried.

True, hopefully we'll have a good start though. And if Pardew does prove to be irredeemable then Ashley is willing to spend the money to sack him.

Probably not the miserly sod. I wish he enjoyed owning us a bit more at times i.e. to point of occasional frivolity.

A very poor start to the season (fixtures aren't bad after the first) will IMO mean a good chance of Kinnear stepping in, if it continues to be shite then probably Poyet if still unemployed or Pearce to take over until the end of the season and beyond.

Or it'll just continue to be Pardew. :lol:

Guest neesy111

A very poor start to the season (fixtures aren't bad after the first) will IMO mean a good chance of Kinnear stepping in, if it continues to be shite then probably Poyet if still unemployed or Pearce to take over until the end of the season and beyond.

:scared:

I just dislike Poyet, not sure why. I've barely seen Brighton play, but as a person he gets on my tits.

That's the real problem most people have with him, plus his association with Wise back when they were at Leeds. Personally i don't really care. If I was going to go on a night out or invite one of them round for dinner, maybe Pardew would be the better choice. But to manage and coach a football team I'd pick Poyet every time.

Guest reefatoon

I always disliked him because he was always guaranteed to score against us, the same way Gerrard and Scholes always did.

Was infuriating, the icing on the cake was the semi at Wembley . . . . The bastard!

A very poor start to the season (fixtures aren't bad after the first) will IMO mean a good chance of Kinnear stepping in, if it continues to be s**** then probably Poyet if still unemployed or Pearce to take over until the end of the season and beyond.

What a depressing post :lol:

I always disliked him because he was always guaranteed to score against us, the same way Gerrard and Scholes always did.

Was infuriating, the icing on the cake was the semi at Wembley . . . . The b******!

What he did as player against us has no bearing on what I think of him as a manager.

Guest reefatoon

Was infuriating, the icing on the cake was the semi at Wembley . . . . The b******!

What he did as player against us has no bearing on what I think of him as a manager.

Lovely story fella but I was just saying why I always had a dislike for him.  Good for you though, well done.

I just dislike Poyet, not sure why. I've barely seen Brighton play, but as a person he gets on my tits.

That's the real problem most people have with him, plus his association with Wise back when they were at Leeds. Personally i don't really care. If I was going to go on a night out or invite one of them round for dinner, maybe Pardew would be the better choice. But to manage and coach a football team I'd pick Poyet every time.

Gus (round for dinner) for me like.

Gus (round for dinner) for me like.

But when you couldn't finish your dinner, he would just make jokes of you for it and spoil your dinner party?