Alan Pardew

Mike

I did think part of that Rio Ave loss was probably down to them working their bollocks off in training and being tired once the match came round.

Got to take that into account. The friendly games in Portugal are really just an extension of the training camp.

“I am more confident than I was a year ago when I felt apprehensive about the Europa League because it was a leap into the unknown, and little did I know that we would suffer injuries as well that compounded our problem.

“But this year, without that distraction, it feels as if there is no mystery to the season. We know what we’ve got in front of us.

We got Premier League games, a League Cup programme and a FA Cup programme and we can cope with that easily with the squad we have.”

If by coping he means getting knocked out of both cups and struggling in the bottom half of the Premier then he's right. With our main striker downing tools and no replacements looking likely avoiding relegation will be the major goal this season.

I'm not falling for any of his shit. I was just reading the season ticket thread thinking there's never been a season where i've wanted a season ticket less.

I need some anti depressants.

First 10 games

Basically this. And it's not because I believe he particularly deserves it, I'm just absolutely shit-scared of what is next. If we don't have a decent start, the season is likely to collapse like it did in 2008/09 IMO.

Really needs to abandon the formation he has us playing now and tactics, needs to either get the players for a 4-4-2 or go to a 4-3-3, we are far to static in the 4-2-3-1 it's awful.

When we finished 5th I think we played 4-3-3 a few times and it looked more fluid

Really needs to abandon the formation he has us playing now and tactics, needs to either get the players for a 4-4-2 or go to a 4-3-3, we are far to static in the 4-2-3-1 it's awful.

When we finished 5th I think we played 4-3-3 a few times and it looked more fluid

We actually played 4-2-3-1. Jonas and Tiote played behind Cabaye.

Really thought it looked more a 4-3-3 with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front the second half of that season. Looked better than this shit that's for sure.

Guest bimpy474

Really thought it looked more a 4-3-3 with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front the second half of that season. Looked better than this shit that's for sure.

It was exactly this. GT what you talking about son :lol:

It was definitely 4-2-3-1, the heatmaps on whoscored.com showed how we set up. In my opinion, a big factor in that being a success was Jonas, he had the ability to take the ball and get out of a tight situation and move it forward. Neither Cabaye nor Tiote are good at that, they're not box-to-box players.

Really thought it looked more a 4-3-3 with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front the second half of that season. Looked better than this s*** that's for sure.

And we broke with pace and intent. Ok we got bummed all over at Fulham, Spurs and Wigan but better to watch than this shit. We caused havoc against some teams especially away from home.

Guest bimpy474

Really thought it looked more a 4-3-3 with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front the second half of that season. Looked better than this s*** that's for sure.

And we broke with pace and intent. Ok we got bummed all over at Fulham, Spurs and Wigan but better to watch than this shit. We caused havoc against some teams especially away from home.

The Wigan 1st half was the reason Pardew dropped using it, one bad half and he's played crap boremations since.

Boremations. Nothing will change with that or team selection so pointless even contemplating the possibility.

That's the thing he's constantly changing it but it all still seems to serve up is boring shit.

Never ending cycle of crap.