Alan Pardew

Mike

It just depends if you can see any hope of success under Pardew. I guess there are some who will be hoping that we can finish in the top 10 with him in charge. Personally I think all it will achieve is the waste of another season.

The least damage is that it robbed a new manager a fresh start from the summer, a pre season of his own and chance to play all fixtures.

I just can't see Pardew doing enough to keep us going at a reasonable level, Gomis & Remy in might be enough though, without them he doesn't stand a chance.

Guest bimpy474

I'm predicting Pardew will still be here next summer. We'll finish about 14th / 15th and that'll do for the fat cunt upstairs.

Oi, i live in a bungalow.

I'm predicting Pardew will still be here next summer. We'll finish about 14th / 15th and that'll do for the fat cunt upstairs.

I doubt he'll still be here if we finish as low as that. I don't think we will anyway, but I'm sure Ashley has given him various rockets up the arse after last season.

Lol, me too.

Seriously though, i can't see anything other than a repeat of last season. Replace Ba with Bent maybe, he'll knock a couple in but we'll be painful to watch again. But ultimately Pardew will do enough to keep us up, Mike can skim enough cash off the top, and we do it all again the year after.

Guest icemanblue

The quicker we get rid of Pardew the quicker we get JFK, if that's the case, and then the quicker we get rid of him. The quicker the process starts the better.

Quicker we get rid of Pardew, the quicker JFK next heart attack happens. The manager after that is the one.

I'd love to know what exactly gives you people the confidence that 'who comes next' will be such a vast improvement.

Nobody said that did they.

Now, I could have read it wrong, but isn't that what you're saying in bold?

Say the idiot JFK ended up in the job, i wouldn't expect him to last long before he keels over. I meant it's the one to worry about more, or less depending who they are and their ability.

Not sure how that can be inferred from what you posted, but, whatever.

That's your problem.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Lol, me too.

Seriously though, i can't see anything other than a repeat of last season. Replace Ba with Bent maybe, he'll knock a couple in but we'll be painful to watch again. But ultimately Pardew will do enough to keep us up, Mike can skim enough cash off the top, and we do it all again the year after.

If we get in the players it seems we are trying to, only a fecking idiot would finish in the bottom half imo. I reckon between 8th and 12th if we get the players. We dont get them 15th and lower and a very good chance of relegation. Can't seeing it being very entertaining mind.

Lol, me too.

If we get another striker through the door out of the three we are looking at, you could put Mick Harford's gran in charge and we'd avoid relegation just by dint of having much better players than half the teams in the premier. It would take mind boggling incompetence to repeat last season.

Lol, me too.

If we get another striker through the door out of the three we are looking at, you could put Mick Harford's gran in charge and we'd avoid relegation just by dint of having much better players than half the teams in the premier. It would take mind boggling incompetence to repeat last season.

You said it. :lol:

The phrase "legs" has nothing to do with work rate really. We mean speed, stamina, fitness. He's not naturally blessed in this department and it reminds me of Xabi Alonso. Ideally, you want someone doing Alonso's running or your team gets 80% possession.

Tiote-Cabaye midfield is a solid combination, gives the defence protection, both put a foot in, Tiote runs, Cabaye does the passing.

He has much superior defensive ability and "legs" to Alonso.

Also i said Tiote and Cabaye is awful in possession and it is.

Howay man, hardly. He's not very good but it's not like we're being managed by Susan Boyle.

Try thinking about Joe Kinnear being our DOF, that will really blow your mind.

I think I would rather have Susan Boyle as manager than Pardew, at least she might learn from her mistakes. 

You're one of the most mixed up posters I've ever seen on here, that or you're just trolling.  You seem to dislike Pardew when it suits you and then you have a go at others who dislike him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Howay man, hardly. He's not very good but it's not like we're being managed by Susan Boyle.

I think I would rather have Susan Boyle as manager than Pardew, at least she might learn from her mistakes. 

She might even finish a couple  of points shy of a champions league place by COMPLETE ACCIDENT.

You're one of the most mixed up posters I've ever seen on here, that or you're just trolling.  You seem to dislike Pardew when it suits you and then you have a go at others who dislike him.

It's probably a case of both Michael.

She might even finish a couple  of points shy of a champions league place by COMPLETE ACCIDENT.

Then she might moan about it for an entire season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Then she might moan about it for an entire season.

Maybe she has the right if she isn't err given a proper microphone for two.... shows in a row by a hapless... sound mixer?

We would've needed another 6 points, actually.

Anyway, worse managers than Pardew have finished 5th. The rest of his career probably wasn't a complete accident.

Anyway, worse managers than Pardew have finished 5th.

In case anyone is curious (5th placed club / year / manager) (p.s. football began in 92)

QPR - 92/93 Gerry Francis

LEEDS - 93/94 Howard Wilkinson

LEEDS - 94/95 Howard Wilkinson

ARSENAL - 95/96 Bruce Rioch

ASTON VILLA - 96-97 Brian Little

LEEDS - 97-98 George Graham

WHAM - 98-99 Harry Redknapp

CHELSEA- 99-00 Gianluca Vialli

IPSWICH - 00-01 George Burley

LEEDS - 01-02 David O'Leary

LIVERPOOL - 02-03 Gerard Houllier

NUFC - 03-04 Sir Bobby Robson

LIVERPOOL - 04-05 Rafa Benitez

TOTTENHAM - 05-06 Martin Jol

TOTTENHAM - 06-07 Martin Jol

EVERTON - 07-08 David Moyes

EVERTON - 08-09 David Moyes

MAN CITY - 09-10 Roberto Mancini

TOTTENHAM - 10-11 Harry Redknapp

NUFC - 11-12 Alan Pardew

TOTTENHAM - 12-13 AVB

Guest icemanblue

It's probably a case of both Michael.

Ignoring the fact that this latest complaint has no relation to the context of the discussion, it is quite possible to not be his biggest fan and still take issue with some of the melodramatic shite posted about him. Let's move on.

Guest bimpy474

Hickman, ah yes. He said the season we finished 5th, and i quote "Sunderland are better than Newcastle in every department".

He's knows fuck all, that's all guess work that anyone with half an ounce of commom sense could have come up with, Just as Duo said.....what we all know really.

I genuinely don't know how anyone can think we'll finish top 10 after season.

We've not strengthened at all - in fact we've lost players. Our pre season campaign is against dross teams that we've hardly blew away. (Chelsea won 8-1 yesterday for example)

Without including all the goings on off the field again...

Pardew has already shows us in pre season we'll play the same way. I won't be surprised if we struggle from the off and just about avoid relegation again.

Guest bimpy474

We've not strengthened at all - in fact we've lost players. Our pre season campaign is against dross teams that we've hardly blew away. (Chelsea won 8-1 yesterday for example)

Pardew has already shows us in pre season we'll play the same way. I won't be surprised if we struggle from the off and just about avoid relegation again.

If you look back most of us are saying, top ten if we can sign a three or four players. The squad would then be good enough, it's whether Pardew can rise to the occasion and be better than last season.

We won't but we could do with a decent manager, i still wouldn't swap our players for teams in the bottom half.

Problem is the idiot in charge of them.