Alan Pardew

Mike

There is genuine support for Pardew in the boardroom. Managing Director Derek Llambias remains convinced he is a good manager having a bad spell, but owner Mike Ashley is less attached, far less impressed by the team’s decline and he has the final say on everything.

It's Ashley's money at the end of the day, like he'll give a shit about Dekka wanting his pal as manager if it's depreciating his assets every week he's in charge.

Like I said in the Liverpool match thread, the team has a weak spine. The french players are nice to have when everything is going well and rosy, once the shite hit the fan they would be the first ones to moan and give up on the mess. We are fighting for our live and for that you need fighters in the dressing room, on the pitch with fire in their bellies but they are the last ones to rely on if you need them with you in the trenches.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I think the only real positive of Pardew still being here next season, which like people say he might very well do if we stay up, is that surely he cannot possibly do any worst than he has in this shambolic season.

I think the only real positive of Pardew still being here next season, which like people say he might very well do if we stay up, is that surely he cannot possibly do any worst than he has in this shambolic season.

:serious:

If we stay up, he can do at least 3 places worse next season. Something which I suspect he's more than capable of.

Like I said in the Liverpool match thread, the team has a weak spine. The french players are nice to have when everything is going well and rosy, once the s**** hit the fan they would be the first ones to moan and give up on the mess. We are fighting for our live and for that you need fighters in the dressing room, on the pitch with fire in their bellies but they are the last ones to rely on if you need them with you in the trenches.

They don't like it up em, Captain Mainwaring!!

The only positive is that we'll all have the perfect opportunity to pursue other interests and hobbies.

Like I said in the Liverpool match thread, the team has a weak spine. The french players are nice to have when everything is going well and rosy, once the s**** hit the fan they would be the first ones to moan and give up on the mess. We are fighting for our live and for that you need fighters in the dressing room, on the pitch with fire in their bellies but they are the last ones to rely on if you need them with you in the trenches.

Typical Xenophobic bollocks

Blame the foreign frenchies of course!

What nationality was our spine when we last got relegated?

Last match in the prem before the big drop.  Who was it? Saylors Colo in defence,  nicky f***ing butt and Guthrie in the midfield with Nolan .

Nobody mentioned too many Englishman did they?

Can't get over that last game. He put out probably the most negative, defensive team I can remember seeing at SJP and we still lost 6-0.

That's why we lost. Liverpool had no fear of us, knew we couldn't hurt them. We barely had a shot all game, they knew they could attack with impunity.

His team for Arsenal will be very interesting.

-----------------------------------Cisse

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

------------------------------------Jonas

Santon Haidara Williamson Perch Coloccini Taylor Simpson Debuchy

------------------------------------Elliott

Can't get over that last game. He put out probably the most negative, defensive team I can remember seeing at SJP and we still lost 6-0.

That's why we lost. Liverpool had no fear of us, knew we couldn't hurt them. We barely had a shot all game, they knew they could attack with impunity.

It's the fact that we deliberately set up to defend and repel their attacks yet still lost 6-0 that's weird. 3-0 at a push but 6-0 is far too much.

Agree about the Arsenal team btw. Don't think he's bothered about getting slaughtered both on and off the pitch again as he looks finished.

Fair enough. I had a feeling I'd be slated for even saying the slightest thing positive about Pardew. I don't want to defend him for this season and have not liked how he has done this season but I am just saying if he were to stay I don't think he'd do worst than 16th next season it'd likley be another crappy mid table season but not lower than 16th so that's the one and only small positive in him staying that he wouldn't do worst imo .

Fair enough. I had a feeling I'd be slated for even saying the slightest thing positive about Pardew. I don't want to defend him for this season and have not liked how he has done this season but I am just saying if he were to stay I don't think he'd do worst than 16th next season it'd likley be another crappy mid table season but not lower than 16th so that's the one and only small positive in him staying that he wouldn't do worst imo .

I thought this until the derby game. Scrape a few away wins, win a few more home games etc. He'd get a few more little victories like that to see a small improvement. It's now clear he's lost the players and you can rarely, if ever, win them back so it's only going one way now.

Guest firetotheworks

Because im bored, seek, and sad, I've just ranked each performance this season either Excellent, Good, Average, Bad or Disgusting. This is what it came out as:

Excellent (1) - Chelsea (h)

Good (3) - Bordeaux (h), Sunderland (a), Metalist (a)

Average (14) - Tottenham (h), Chelsea (a), Everton (a), Norwich (h), Liverpool (a), Wigan (h), Man Utd (a), Aston Villa (a), Tottenham (a), Southampton (h), Anji (a), Anji (h), Benfica (a), Benfica (h)

Bad (27) - Atromitos (a), Atromitos (h), Aston Villa (h), Maritimo (a), Man Utd LC (a), Reading (a), Man Utd (h), Brugge (h), West Brom (h), Brugge (a), West Ham (h), Swansea (h), Maritimo (h), Stoke (a), Bordeaux (a), Fulham (a), Man City (h), QPR (h), Everton (h), Norwich (a), Reading (h), Metalist (h), Swansea (a), Stoke (h), Wigan (a), Fulham (h), West Brom (a)

Disgusting (7) - Southampton (a), Arsenal (a), Brighton (a), Man City (a), Sunderland (h), Liverpool (h)

Feel free to agree or disagree, but imo we've been s*** in 34 of our games this season. So the idiots who keep claiming its knee jerk or fickle to want Pardew out can f*** off!

Not to pick at that, but I think in terms of the average games you have, the actual performances were generally bad. It was only the results and results alone that save some of them from your bad list. Others just baffle me. Both Benfica matches were unprofessional imo.

I thought this until the derby game. Scrape a few away wins, win a few more home games etc. He'd get a few more little victories like that to see a small improvement. It's now clear he's lost the players and you can rarely, if ever, win them back so it's only going one way now.

I still live in that hope the players can rally together in the next three games and do what is needed and maybe if that does happen there some morale to build on for next season after all. I am hoping Coloccini's return gives a boost which it should do and improve our defence because in my opinion Taylor and Mbiwa are good players but cannot play together. Colo and Saylor was such a good CB partnering in our unbeaten run at the start of last season where's Mbwia and Saylor have seen 10 goals gone by them in the last 3 games.

Even the Sunderland away game wasn't a good performance as such, we just defended really well. We still created fuck all for most of the game.

Bordeaux home match wasn't that one-sided either. We scored 3, but the balance of overall play wasn't that great.

Sack him Ashley. f***ing Llambias too.

This is at the heart of the problem for me - Llambias HAS to go too, he is a failure as CEO, has antagonized the fans, other clubs, wrecked possible transfers by his pig-headed arrogance and knows NOTHING about running a football club the size of Newcastle United.

The rot set in at the club once Mort was replaced by Llambias and Ashley has to carry the can for that because Llambias was one of his chums.

I am convinced we would get a lot more interest from prospective managers if Llambias was replaced as CEO.

Last match in the prem before the big drop.  Who was it? Saylors Colo in defence,  nicky f***ing butt and Guthrie in the midfield with Nolan .

This team is supposed to be better than last year's team which finished 5th yet we are just about to get relegated. But how is better ? Technically yes but heart wise big zero. This team has very few fighting characters in it. Ok so you mention team we the last time got relegated with and you say we still weny down with manily British players instead. I don't understand how you can compare that era  with the current times completely different reasons and problems. I don't remeber the year before we got relegated we finished in top 5 ? On contrary i remember few shite seasons with passed expiry date players. I never said that if you had shite players but British then you will not get relegated.

Our team has better technical players than I ever remember before but unfortunately lost it's fighting spirite and in this league you need a mix of both.

This team is supposed to be better than last year's team which finished 5th yet we are just about to get relegated. But how is better ? Technically yes but heart wise big zero. This team has very few fighting characters in it. Ok so you mention team we the last time got relegated with and you say we still weny down with manily British players instead. I don't understand how you can compare that era  with the current times completely different reasons and problems. I don't remeber the year before we got relegated we finished in top 5 ? On contrary i remember few s**** seasons with passed expiry date players. I never said that if you had s**** players but British then you will not get relegated.

Our team has better technical players than I ever remember before but unfortunately lost it's fighting spirite and in this league you need a mix of both.

Arsenal.