Alan Pardew

Mike

It can't be a coincidence that Tioté's got gradually worse and worse under Pardew.

I'd struggle to name a single player who's better this season than last. The entire squad had regressed and the common denominator is the manager. The bloke coaching them day to day and telling them what to do.

It's fucking frightening how far backwards we've gone in 12 months. Lots of people are seriously suggesting that we scrap the Player of the Season award due to the dearth of candidates. It's an awful state of affairs.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote would be helped by a manager who doesn't think he's Essien.

His instructions should be, sit front of the back four, win it and give it simple, do not mess about trying to be clever, there's a good Tiote.

Problem is, teams will just press him in front of the back 4 now they've all figured out how useless/brainless he is on the ball.

True now, but he wasn't useless/brainless when he came into Hoots's team which played a simple but effective formation, which suited him much better. I'm definitely 70/30 about getting rid.

Does Diame still have that £3.5m release clause? I'd love to go in for him.

Sissoko's a much better player, simply not showing it. In two months' time, Diame would be playing behind Cisse and be told to run past everyone.

Guest bimpy474

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing exactly what's happened with players until the idiot called Pardew is gone, and we have a decent replacement.

If he is replaced, with a decent replacement. And not a duffer replacement, which would be a stupid replacement.

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing exactly what's happened with players until the idiot called Pardew is gone, and we have a decent replacement.

If he is replaced, with a decent replacement. And not a duffer replacement, which would be a stupid replacement.

The tempo is waaaay too high. Players panic on the ball if there isn't a pass on immediately. There is little intelligent movement upfront and often a midfielder will only have one or two players to hit in the other half - an area of the pitch which most games is akin to area 51 for putting fear into our players.

Slow the tempo down a touch and have 3/4 options with a mf actually instructed to move up with interchanges of passing and a lot of our problems go away immediately (some games we do this for the odd 5/10 mins).

The MF should be a 3 of Siss, Cabs and Tiote with Cabaye at the head of that triangle.

Upront Cisse needs 2 creative forward types behind him (who aren't fire fighting all game in their own half). At least one of Cisse's support players must STAY in the opp half of near the half way line as an easy sightline outball...

Most decent managers would sort us out in one week. I honestly believe that.

The tempo is waaaay too high. Players panic on the ball if there isn't a pass on immediately. There is little intelligent movement upfront and often a midfielder will only have one or two players to hit in the other half - an area of the pitch which most games is akin to area 51 for putting fear into our players.

Slow the tempo down a touch and have 3/4 options with a mf actually instructed to move up with interchanges of passing and a lot of our problems go away immediately (some games we do this for the odd 5/10 mins).

The MF should be a 3 of Siss, Cabs and Tiote with Cabaye at the head of that triangle.

Upront Cisse needs 2 creative forward types behind him (who aren't fire fighting all game in their own half). At least one of Cisse's support players must STAY in the opp half of near the half way line as an easy sightline outball...

Most decent managers would sort us out in one week. I honestly believe that.

The raw materials are there already, any manager worth his salt wouldn't be anywhere near the foot of the table, injuries or not. Chronic mismanagement has been the key to this season.

We should never be defending with more than 7 players. The back four and a cental screen of 3 with the wide two supporting the fullbacks if needed/or sitting inside if the attack is coming through the middle. This leaves 3 outballs for the counter. A long one if Cisse IS ACTUALLY IN SPACE or ideally a shorter pass to the 2 waiting forwards around the half way line.

If a side finds itself defending with 9/10 players it just means they don't understand their roles or don't know how to DEFEND AS A MOVING BLOCK. Rafa and Mou sides are the state of the art regarding this.

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

What's your point? That we would be safe from relegation had we invested sooner.  So we go from 5th one season to just being safe.

That the main reason for our current predicament is the lack of depth combined with long-term injuries to several key players occurring throughout the season.

Have you got a brain or is your head just full of shit?

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

What's your point? That we would be safe from relegation had we invested sooner.  So we go from 5th one season to just being safe.

That the main reason for our current predicament is the lack of depth combined with long-term injuries to several key players occurring throughout the season.

Have you got a brain or is your head just full of shit?

We've got hardly any injuries at the minute and we've just been beaten 9-0 on aggregate at home to 2 average teams, both missing their top scorer.

Honestly man, look at the sides we've put out (especially since Christmas), Pardew's making Roeder look like Carlo Ancelotti.

We can't be any worse off without him, and we might just benefit from the bounce factor for the last 3 games. Just can't see it happening. Desperately hoping that Ashley sacks him at the end of the season though.

Is Alan Pardew still the right man for the job?

Yes 27%

No 73%

Total votes: 778

Laughable he gets 27% :lol:

I expect that number to drop now that Mick has posted the link on here like.

As much as I've criticised Ashley in the past, and yes they are complicit for hiring him and not firing when they really should have, they have given him a squad that should be capable of a hell of a lot more than he's got out of them and at least made them competitive when we play against the dregs of the division no matter if he's not been able to field his 'best' 1st 11 - teams have injuries get over it.

I'm amazed at the lack of momentum the Pardew Out point of view has got. Very little in the media, and not a lot at St James'. Does anyone have any idea why? Is it general apathy, is it that the crowd don't want to rock the boat at the moment because of the threat of relegation and are just hoping we can improve under this waster, is Ashley capable of influencing the media? Any other manager would be totally aware that he was not wanted in similar circumstances. I'm at a loss to explain it.

Yes 27%

No 73%

27% could easily be mackems.

Guest bimpy474

Yes 27%

No 73%

I posted it a couple of hours ago fwiw.