Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Phil K

Not strengthening in the summer was a mistake but it doesn't even come close to excusing/explaining the vast majority of appalling performances and results. The manager's responsible for both ultimately and neither have been remotely good enough. To go from challenging for CL qualification to relying on Wigan losing to remain in the division is down to the mismanagement of the squad.

Ashley doesn't pick the team, pick the tactics, conduct the training or make the substitutions. This is Pardew's mess.

I think the responsibility for the mess should be shared by all involved, not just Pardew. And you know I'm no admirer of Pardew's.

It's 90% Pardew's mess. He was the one who started using Europe as an excuse before a damn ball was kicked. And you know footballers - give them a ready made excuse FROM the manager, and they'll use it. No other manager to my knowledge has done this so early

Guest neesy111

Not strengthening in the summer was a mistake but it doesn't even come close to excusing/explaining the vast majority of appalling performances and results. The manager's responsible for both ultimately and neither have been remotely good enough. To go from challenging for CL qualification to relying on Wigan losing to remain in the division is down to the mismanagement of the squad.

Ashley doesn't pick the team, pick the tactics, conduct the training or make the substitutions. This is Pardew's mess.

I think the responsibility for the mess should be shared by all involved, not just Pardew. And you know I'm no admirer of Pardew's.

:thup:

They'd be some players now who'd I'd be happy with never to be seen in a B&W shirt again.

Who?  Which ones?

Tiote, Jonas.

:thup:

They'd be some players now who'd I'd be happy with never to be seen in a B&W shirt again.

Who?  Which ones?

Tiote, Jonas.

Shola.

Carver is as to blame for Pardew for the mess we are in, if Pardew goes he has to go as well.  Carver has no balls to challenge him, he's happy just to be in a job.

Bollocks is Carver as much to blame. 

Of course he is, and the physios for not telling Pardew when players aren't fit, and Steve Stone for making the set piece drills so poor, and anything else about what's going on behind-the-scenes that neesy wants to make up in his head...

Head stuck in the sand for you as always.

You can't just make stuff up.

You can't possibly know how much input Carver or the fitness coaches have.

It's possible Carver and Pardew argue all or the time, or he's listened to and ignored the advice of the physios. We just don't know. It's not "head in the sand" at all - I'm just not going to criticise a man who I have no idea if he's good at his job or not. At least with Pardew, the proof is on the pitch.

Its just bad luck, injuries, lack of investment, europe tiredness.

all the while...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s9a1aDumoZw/UNuE3eZkSMI/AAAAAAAAIGM/e4dbKe-CTgc/s1600/coffin.gif

Keep hiding behind those excuses marra...

Guest Bert Shaft

Lets not forget that Pardew told everybody in August that we had a strong large squad and were well equipped for the new season.

The bloke forgets what he says.

Guest neesy111

Tiote, Jonas and Shola should all be sacked off in the summer.

Is it me or has Tiote has been poor/average for 2 seasons now ?

He was poor last season bar games against the top 4/6.

Is it me or has Tiote has been poor/average for 2 seasons now ?

He was poor last season bar games against the top 4/6.

Probably was shite from when he was offered a 7 year contract or whatever it was.

:lol:

i still think there is hope for tiote if we play a system were he is positioned centrally covering the back 4 and told to keep it very simple

The important thing about Tiote, he needs to be managed and coached...

Whether they signed in July, November January or whenever - Pardew has proved he has no idea how to use them or get them playing well on a consistent basis. There was an initial reaction and it's long since disappeared. I've seen nothing from Pardew to convince me that he has the first clue how to get this team playing.

It's true they came in 6 months too late but the inability of the manager to do anything worthwhile with them largely negates the point imo. He's fucking  hopeless.

Whether they signed in July, November January or whenever - Pardew has proved he has no idea how to use them or get them playing well on a consistent basis. There was an initial reaction and it's long since disappeared. I've seen nothing from Pardew to convince me that he has the first clue how to get this team playing.

It's true they came in 6 months too late but the inability of the manager to do anything worthwhile with them largely negates the point imo. He's f***ing  hopeless.

Yup, he has had a half a season with extra players in key positions and still failed to have a settled balanced side that can attack and defend.

Think Tiote could be improved by having a good coach/manager. The other 2 however have always and will always offer fuck all on a regular basis.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote would be helped by a manager who doesn't think he's Essien.

His instructions should be, sit front of the back four, win it and give it simple, do not mess about trying to be clever, there's a good Tiote.

His instructions should be, sit front of the back four, win it and give it simple, do not mess about trying to be clever, there's a good Tiote.

Exactly..a better manager would mean a better Tiote. Whether two years of his career being ruined is retrievable though we shall see. If the rest of the team was performing under a decent manager I would say bin him but I think there is still hope for him.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly..a better manager would mean a better Tiote. Whether two years of his career being ruined is retrievable though we shall see. If the rest of the team was performing under a decent manager I would say bin him but I think there is still hope for him.

Aye, i'm a bit split on him tbh. The amount of stupid tackles that pick up yellows make me think he's not worth it at times. Then again if he wasn't chasing around like a idiot because of our tactics, it might help him not get booked so often.

Problem is, teams will just press him in front of the back 4 now they've all figured out how useless/brainless he is on the ball.

Guest neesy111

Problem is, teams will just press him in front of the back 4 now they've all figured out how useless/brainless he is on the ball.

Yeap, they also know how tactically poor he is.  Would rather get rid and get someone much more suited for that position if it's needed in the first place, which personally I don't for the majority of games.