Alan Pardew

Mike

How anyone can even defend this snake-oil salesman anymore is baffling. He's lost any credibility he had about the window with those quotes. Thanks for patronising us, telling us we had unrealistic expectations, telling the world we wanted to plunge the club into "overdraft" for a "marquee" signing. Yes, that's what we've been crying out for, a marquee signing. Not how we've seen the squad stripped and depleted and simply have been asking for more numbers to account for injuries and suspensions, no.

I wanna kick something really hard.

Fuck off man. Just fuck off talking about the transfer window now. It was shit, and they talk shit about it. Can we just leave it at that. I can't be fucked hearing any more of the bullshit connected to it.

We didnt spend anything close to £30m in January for goodness sake, not that it should have any relevance anyway.

From values taken from transferleague.co.uk (they seem accurate from what I can recall)

Debuchy £5.5m

Yanga-Mbiwa £6.7m

Haidara £2m

Sissoko £2.5m

Gouffran £1.2m

Total of £17.9m and we also sold Ba for £7m...

Where did he even get £30m from? Why don't journos pull him up on his figures? Fucking hate Pardew.

How anyone can even defend this snake-oil salesman anymore is baffling. He's lost any credibility he had about the window with those quotes. Thanks for patronising us, telling us we had unrealistic expectations, telling the world we wanted to plunge the club into "overdraft" for a "marquee" signing. Yes, that's what we've been crying out for, a marquee signing. Not how we've seen the squad stripped and depleted and simply have been asking for more numbers to account for injuries and suspensions, no.

I wanna kick something really hard.

Wash basket is always good

Guest icemanblue

Fucking overdraft, man. :lol:

The fees can be a killer TBF, something like £30 from Barclays. Last thing you need when you have a Direct Debit coming out.

I hadn't considered that.

Very prudent, Alan. Well played. Can I touch your bum, etc. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest neesy111

The fees can be a killer TBF, something like £30 from Barclays. Last thing you need when you have a Direct Debit coming out.

Very prudent, Alan. Well played. Can I touch your bum, etc. :thup: :thup: :thup:

:laugh:

Funnily enough my overdraft has just went down.

Lack of ambition!

From values taken from transferleague.co.uk (they seem accurate from what I can recall)

Debuchy £5.5m

Yanga-Mbiwa £6.7m

Haidara £2m

Sissoko £2.5m

Gouffran £1.2m

Where did he even get £30m from? Why don't journos pull him up on his figures? Fucking hate Pardew.

We always add the cost of the wages to the fee since this regime came in. Although they seem to forget that matchday income probably covers a fair bit of that.

Guest icemanblue

Lack of ambition!

Speculate to accumulate! TROUSERED!

Debuchy £5.5m

Yanga-Mbiwa £6.7m

Haidara £2m

Sissoko £2.5m

Gouffran £1.2m

Where did he even get £30m from? Why don't journos pull him up on his figures? f***ing hate Pardew.

We always add the cost of the wages to the fee since this regime came in. Although they seem to forget that matchday income probably covers a fair bit of that.

And also conveniently ignore the wages of players that leave in their calculations

Even if you take a reasonable estimate of the extra wages that we paid for the six months that those players were here, it only comes to around £6m. Basically there is no way we came close to £30m, even including wages. We're only at £17m including wages so even if you throw in some crazy agent fees, we're still only at £20m. If we didn't get the whole Ba fee, maybe we're at £23m but then you gotta take away the wages we didn't pay Debuchy because we signed him six months later and all in all, we're nowhere near £30m.

Debuchy £5.5m

Yanga-Mbiwa £6.7m

Haidara £2m

Sissoko £2.5m

Gouffran £1.2m

Where did he even get £30m from? Why don't journos pull him up on his figures? f***ing hate Pardew.

And also conveniently ignore the wages of players that leave in their calculations

Yeah haha - it doesn't make a lot of sense since the contracts may be worth up to £12m but that is over multiple years so we didn't spend £30m in January.

I think we can skip the detailed analysis of our spending over time and just conclude that Pardew talks nonsense quite a lot of the time.

If he speaks publicy then he can expect scrutiny. Hardly out of order for anyone to do just that. Shame journalist's don't call him out on it at the time.

The guy is laughable. Spent the entire window saying we need players and when Ashley and JFK don't deliver he backtracks. He probably couldn't believe his luck when he got the job and has been played like a puppet from day 1 and stillshows no sign of tactical aptitude or a backbone to speak out and criticise the board. Fucking coward.

I think we can skip the detailed analysis of our spending over time and just conclude that Pardew talks nonsense quite a lot of the time.

If he speaks publicy then he can expect scrutiny. Hardly out of order for anyone to do just that. Shame journalist's don't call him out on it at the time.

Yeah, sure. TBF usually he's just waffling, but obviously when he mentions specific figures he's not helping himself if they're wrong.

I think the "he said we needed players, now he says we have a good squad" criticism is bollocks though. Every manager does that, and has to.

at the last Fansutd meeting Lee Marshall also gave that £30m figure,  said for the calender year NUFC had spent £30m on transfer and agent fees.  Ignore the incoming money as the club aren't mentioning that in the same way SSN were saying Spurs were the biggest spenders in the last window but ignored all the money they got back in for Bale.

iirc some of those fees were down as undisc so can only presume we paid more than the quoted £1.2m etc for the likes of Gouffran.  have we possibly paid £1m for one of the kids like Maboo?