Alan Pardew

Mike

Of course some fans overreacted. Just look at some of the stuff on here over the summer. The relegationometer etc. It's fact.

Perhaps he shouldn't be saying it, but they're certainly not 'awful comments'. An overreaction to him talking about overreactions. Mindfuck.

How was it an over reaction to talk about relegation when we only just avoided it last season and then didn't invest in the squad? You don't half post some guff.

People were claiming we were near certainties for relegation. If you have the merest of glances at the other teams in the league, you will see this is indeed an overreaction.

There have been plenty of overreactions, you know that as well as me. Pretend it isn't true to create another Pardew beating stick if you wish.

It's quite understable how some people, myself included, were fairly certain of relegation earlier in the summer.

- JFK and his lack of signings.

- No faith in Pardew.

- The Man City and West Ham performances.

Things were looking grim.

The bloke talks fucking shite man :lol:

If he's winning games consistently I'm not bothered but saying stuff like "I thought there was an over-reaction to what happened in the summer but, there always is with Newcastle" when he himself should (and probably is) highly frustrated by what went on last month is just weird.

I wonder if he thought people were overreacting last summer, his comments that the fans should be happy that we kept all of our best players and added Anita would suggest so. Still, didn't take him long to start bleating on about how his tiny squad was the reason we couldn't string 2 passes or 2 wins together.

He's absolutely full of shit and the overreaction stuff is an extra little sly dig in the bollocks. Fans who have invested in the club emotionally and financially over the years have every right to hope or expect more than 1 loan signing on the back of finishing 16th and not be accused of an overreaction when they're miffed at no investment.

It's quite understable how some people, myself included, were fairly certain of relegation earlier in the summer.

- No faith in Pardew.

That is probably why some should give it more than 2 games before panicking about the team/players.

I will hold my hands up and admit I gave Pardew far too much slack last season but we do have a good set of players and with a little luck/judgement we cold have a decent season.

We weren't far off relegation and didn't start the season well so fair enough people will feel a little uncomfortable but the season before we finished 5th and weren't far off a champions league place. I would say the squad is better now than it was 11/12.

I just think we need to give it time to see how it looks to pan out rather than assume we are doomed as soon as things start to look a little shaky.

I wonder if he thought people were overreacting last summer, his comments that the fans should be happy that we kept all of our best players and added Anita would suggest so. Still, didn't take him long to start bleating on about how his tiny squad was the reason we couldn't string 2 passes or 2 wins together.

He's absolutely full of shit and the overreaction stuff is an extra little sly dig in the bollocks. Fans who have invested in the club emotionally and financially over the years have every right to hope or expect more than 1 loan signing on the back of finishing 16th and not be accused of an overreaction when they're miffed at no investment.

Of course they have a right to be miffed. Everyone was, including the manager I'm sure.

All he said was that there had been an overreaction in the summer. There was a bit of an overreaction. Lets move on.

Of course they have a right to be miffed. Everyone was, including the manager I'm sure.

All he said was that there had been an overreaction in the summer. There was a bit of an overreaction. Lets move on.

I don't think anyone overreacted. Not a big enough proportion to warrant a mention anyway. Can you not see why people might find these comments a bit insulting?

I don't think anyone overreacted. Not a big enough proportion to warrant a mention anyway. Can you not see why people might find these comments a bit insulting?

Not really. I may be desensitised but they seem to be pretty standard comments to me.

to Foluwashola; what was the overreaction then?  do you think pardiola was referring to the relegationometer thread on NO in his pre-match presser?  i don't

did the press overreact?  i certainly don't think so, they reported that the club had not backed the manager of a nearly relegated club with the players he publicly stated he needed

Not really. I may be desensitised but they seem to be pretty standard comments to me.

Fuck knas then, I think him and the club get an easy ride from fans who have turned into battered wives the longer the Ashley tenure has went on. He should stop behaving like him or the club is under the microscope or being put under the least bit of pressure by fans or media as that really isn't the case.

- No faith in Pardew.

That is probably why some should give it more than 2 games before panicking about the team/players.

I will hold my hands up and admit I gave Pardew far too much slack last season but we do have a good set of players and with a little luck/judgement we cold have a decent season.

We weren't far off relegation and didn't start the season well so fair enough people will feel a little uncomfortable but the season before we finished 5th and weren't far off a champions league place. I would say the squad is better now than it was 11/12.

I just think we need to give it time to see how it looks to pan out rather than assume we are doomed as soon as things start to look a little shaky.

:thup:

Fair comment.

Of course some fans overreacted. Just look at some of the stuff on here over the summer. The relegationometer etc. It's fact.

Perhaps he shouldn't be saying it, but they're certainly not 'awful comments'. An overreaction to him talking about overreactions. Mindfuck.

How was it an over reaction to talk about relegation when we only just avoided it last season and then didn't invest in the squad? You don't half post some guff.

People were claiming we were near certainties for relegation. If you have the merest of glances at the other teams in the league, you will see this is indeed an overreaction.

There have been plenty of overreactions, you know that as well as me. Pretend it isn't true to create another Pardew beating stick if you wish.

I have always said that I wouldn't make ANY predictions about relegation until October is out...

Even that may be too soon - look what happened after we bought some apparently good players in Jan and nearly got relegated...

You nail your flag to Pardew's mast if you like.....I've already made my mind up about him, but not yet about relegation - if this side goes down, its a rare achievement even for Pardew....

Lie back and take anything the club throws at you, don't even take an interest in how the club's run. Anything else is an overreaction.

I think "miffed" and disappointed and a bit worried is as far as most people went and not for the first time in recent years.

I have always said that I wouldn't make ANY predictions about relegation until October is out...

Even that may be too soon - look what happened after we bought some apparently good players in Jan and nearly got relegated...

You nail your flag to Pardew's mast if you like.....I've already made my mind up about him, but not yet about relegation - if this side goes down, its a rare achievement even for Pardew....

Pretty much my stance. I have no confidence in Pardew because he has no confidence in himself or the team. If things start getting a little shaky he will make it worse, ironically through overreacting.

If we have the rub of the green in regards to injuries and results we will have a good season because he won't have the opportunity to shit himself and try and fix things that aren't broken.

Guest Dontooner

Cant  be arsed even if Pardew died.

So as long as he get his fingers away from being a negative asshole of a manager and just let the players play.

There are signs of a less negative approach and that is good enough for me for now. Never in my mind was Pardew capable of making a team, just let the players play without his overly negative defensive methods.

An old mate asked me " why your midfielders rarely move up the field"

I said "Its all part of his defensive tactics"

He said " But you have the ball? How do you be defensive while trying to attack?"

Don't believe i have ever rant about any Newcastle teams so much since supporting us.

All he said was that there had been an overreaction in the summer. There was a bit of an overreaction.

Crazy. Absolutely ridiculous.

Says the man who has decided never to go to another match :lol:

Not while that cunt's here, no. I'm not supporting something I disagree with for £200 a time. Fuck that.

If that's an overreaction to 5 years of contempt as a reward, so be it.

Guest Bert Shaft

Whether we win 10 games on the bounce or not, Pardew is still a massive smarmy c*nt and nowt but a mouthpiece for Ashley.

He is always telling "us" what we should be thinking.

I aint listening to him and I'm thinking "F*ck Off Pardew you oily tw*t!