Alan Pardew

Mike

He wants stability at the club and he has that with Pardew but if things continue to get worse and worse he'll not hesitate to bring Kinnear into the fold or someone Kinnear advises him to trust. No chance if Pardew were to be sacked, Ashley would have to pay his full contract, he's a very clever businessman and even he would know things could turn sour in a year or two where the inevitable would have to happen and he wouldn't be willing to pay a further 6 years of wages, not a chance. They'll be some clause attatched, no doubt about it.

We know that Ashley was stupid enough to give Pardew an Eight year contract, and the general consensus is that they were also stupid enough to not include any get out clauses for the club, otherwise Pardew would have been long gone by now I'm sure. Having to pay Pardew for the rest of his contract if he's sacked, obviously adds up to a lot of money and Ashley doesn't want to pay it, despite the fact that keeping Pardew as manager is hurting us badly. Equally there is no way Pardew will resign as presumably he'd lose out on the 6 years or whatever he has left on his contract.

So we have a stand off with JFK brought in to try and break the status quo one way or the other. In the meanwhile we continue to stagnate and go nowhere.

I don't buy into that. I would imagine big Mike would have more than covered himself, if not I`m sure his lawyers would have insisted on it.

No, my reasoning as to why he`s still here is on the lines of:

- Partridge would be the classic "turkey voting for Xmas" if he walked.

- Ashley`s reputation  / ego would undoubtedly take a big hit were his judgment seen to be so poor (Though I`m not sure how much of a f*** he gives about that mind.)

It's possible he just decided to give Pardew more time, earned by finishing 5th.

Or possibly he doesn't have any viable (by his consideration) alternatives right now.

We know that Ashley was stupid enough to give Pardew an Eight year contract, and the general consensus is that they were also stupid enough to not include any get out clauses for the club, otherwise Pardew would have been long gone by now I'm sure. Having to pay Pardew for the rest of his contract if he's sacked, obviously adds up to a lot of money and Ashley doesn't want to pay it, despite the fact that keeping Pardew as manager is hurting us badly. Equally there is no way Pardew will resign as presumably he'd lose out on the 6 years or whatever he has left on his contract.

So we have a stand off with JFK brought in to try and break the status quo one way or the other. In the meanwhile we continue to stagnate and go nowhere.

I don't buy into that. I would imagine big Mike would have more than covered himself, if not I`m sure his lawyers would have insisted on it.

- Ashley`s reputation  / ego would undoubtedly take a big hit were his judgment seen to be so poor (Though I`m not sure how much of a f*** he gives about that mind.)

It's possible he just decided to give Pardew more time, earned by finishing 5th.

Or possibly he doesn't have any viable (by his consideration) alternatives right now.

Yep, possible as well.

Yep, possible as well.

And, tbf, i'm struggling to think of anyone who's unemployed right now, would work with JFK as his boss, take a low (relatively) wage and would be a absolute banker to turn us around. Rather restrictive set of criteria.

He wants stability at the club and he has that with Pardew but if things continue to get worse and worse he'll not hesitate to bring Kinnear into the fold or someone Kinnear advises him to trust. No chance if Pardew were to be sacked, Ashley would have to pay his full contract, he's a very clever businessman and even he would know things could turn sour in a year or two where the inevitable would have to happen and he wouldn't be willing to pay a further 6 years of wages, not a chance. They'll be some clause attatched, no doubt about it.

Has he reallythough?

I would argue that the inconstant & at times, frankly appalling football being dished up, of which Partridge is ultimately responsible for promotes instability & can polarise the "dressing room" to the point of anarchy.

There have been rumours that this may have happened more than once under his tenure already.

Has he reallythough?

I would argue that the inconstant & at times, frankly appalling football being dished up, of which Partridge is ultimately responsible for promotes instability & can polarise the "dressing room" to the point of anarchy.

There have been rumours that this may have happened more than once under his tenure already.

The only 'stability' we have with Pardew is a stable place around 15th in the table(if we are lucky) and a certainty of getting knocked out of the FA Cup in 3rd round by Brighton....

You are always sure that he will use 'stable' quotes such as 'couldn't get over the line'......

Sooner or later Ashley will have to lift his fat arse off his hands and make a decision. Either he'll have to sack Pardew or he'll have to sack Carr. Either the players being brought in are shit, in which case Carr goes, or the players are being made to look shit, in which case Pardew has to go. The squad is losing value every month this Frankenstein combo are together, and if nothing else that will force Ashley to act.

Sooner or later Ashley will have to lift his fat arse off his hands and make a decision. Either he'll have to sack Pardew or he'll have to sack Carr. Either the players being brought in are shit, in which case Carr goes, or the players are being made to look shit, in which case Pardew has to go. The squad is losing value every month this Frankenstein combo are together, and if nothing else that will force Ashley to act.

Depends really, the fractional worsening of the value of the squad is nothing compared to the massive windfalls from TV money etc. He might decide that as long as we don't go down it's OK. I'm not sure he will, but it's possible.

You have to question Partridges integrity given the public undermining he has been subjected to during his tenure.

If he had any professional pride, he would have walked months ago.

I couldn't have been the only one who watched Bayern last night & was in awe at the chasm of difference in coaching between that of Guardiola compared to him.

I genuinely believe that with a decent coach / coaching setup, we could be perennial top sixers.

(Edit: & win a fucking cup!)

You have to question Partridges integrity given the public undermining he has been subjected to during his tenure.

I disagree, why should he give up an absolutely amazing job just because it's not perfect?

It's not like he's Mourinho and can pick and choose his setup exactly.

Depends really, the fractional worsening of the value of the squad is nothing compared to the massive windfalls from TV money etc. He might decide that as long as we don't go down it's OK. I'm not sure he will, but it's possible.

But despite increasing the quality of the squad every year (even if it isn't by enough) there's every chance that come November we'll hovering around the relegation zone again. So Ashley's dream of drifting along without paying much attention is likely to go by the wayside anyway.

I disagree, why should he give up an absolutely amazing job just because it's not perfect?

This is entirely the point: He has chosen the pragmatic, in terms of the economics & the ego, alternative to his professional integrity.

Don't get me wrong, what modicum of professional integrity I possess would be insignificant against the kind of wages & profile he enjoys at NUFC. but its not about me.

Besides, I`m sure I`m not the only hypocrite that's posted on this forum

;)

if the upcoming home games go badly, and i mean 0-3 / 0-6 badly, then the crowd will turn on pardew imho - he's been very, very lucky they haven't so far but it can't be much longer now

once the home crowd turns it's probably over one way or another, until that time or such time as we're in real trouble in january/febraury i don't think he'll can him

can't see how many more demoralising home defeats he'll be able to weather

if the upcoming home games go badly, and i mean 0-3 / 0-6 badly, then the crowd will turn on pardew imho - he's been very, very lucky they haven't so far but it can't be much longer now

once the home crowd turns it's probably over one way or another, until that time or such time as we're in real trouble in january/febraury i don't think he'll can him

can't see how many more demoralising home defeats he'll be able to weather

Yeah I see that, his position is fragile and it doesn't take much for everyone to remember how bad they think he is. 

This is entirely the point: He has chosen the pragmatic, in terms of the economics & the ego, alternative to his professional integrity.

Don't get me wrong, what modicum of professional integrity I possess would be insignificant against the kind of wages & profile he enjoys at NUFC. but its not about me.

;)

I don't think 'integrity' means you should give up any job that doesn't perfectly suit you though. You have to weigh the factors. Yes, he has to accept the players Carr signs and basically do what he's told, but he's still the manager of a top club and works with quality players on a daily basis. The only way for him is down, there's no reason for him to walk out.

;)

I don't think 'integrity' means you should give up any job that doesn't perfectly suit you though. You have to weigh the factors. Yes, he has to accept the players Carr signs and basically do what he's told, but he's still the manager of a top club and works with quality players on a daily basis. The only way for him is down, there's no reason for him to walk out.

I`m of the opinion that he`s woefully short of what is required at this level & is still nowhere near getting optimum performances from the players at his disposal on a consistent level. He is tactically inept to the point that even both Dicanio & Bruce taught him a lesson lately(There are numerous other examples) & his record over the last year & a half is woeful. 

He may have a job that "perfectly suits him", but its clearly not a good fit from a fans point of view, surely.

Sadly, he comes across as quite a nice bloke & its never good karma to wish a bloke out of a job, but we really should be doing so much better, & he knows this. 

Sorry if already posted:  And after two fractured displays against Hull and Everton, he said: “It’s not something to get overly concerned about if I am honest.”

What planet is this bloke on!?

A draw at Cardiff on Saturday will no have him giving us another "Always overreaction" speech.