Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

The way that I'm thinking of it now is that if we get rid of him now, at least we're starting the process of moving on. If it means having Kinnear for a bit, then it's something that you have to accept in order to take the risk and move on. It might not work in the long run and I don't imagine that anything will good of having Kinnear as manager, but it definitely isn't working now and at least it means that we're in the process of potentially getting towards a better Newcastle United.

I'm trying to think of it as Andy crawling through the tunnel of s*** in Shawshank Redemption.

:lol:

Well put. Kinnear isn't the answer obviously, but it's worth crawling through a tunnel of s**** to get to the other end.

What's at the other end?

Not Alan Pardew and not Joe Kinnear. That's enough for me at this moment. It might be something worse, but I'm willing to take my chances. Every change presents risk.

Guest bimpy474

The media tide is turning. TalkSport last night were talking about how Pardew is doomed.

Aye but not why, most of them keep saying it's the lack of signing, JFK etc. While there's a little of that tbf, it's mostly because he is hopeless as a manager and the football is crap, and our defensive record is a joke, two years and nearly 400 corners since we scored from one.

The list goes on, but it'll not be his fault if and when he's sacked, if you believe the papers/Talksport/Sky.

Guest bimpy474

Does any of that really matter, like?

True, just rankles when you see the four supposed wise men on Soccer Saturday blame everything but Pardew. But you're right i dont suppose it does.

If Pardew has anything about him he'll start with the 11 who started against Everton with Tiote dropping out for Cabaye.  Put the other players where they should have been and tell our defenders to defend rather than having 2 central defenders so exposed while the other 2 go missing from the defence.

Mapou is one of the most promising CBs in Europe, we're lucky to have him. What he needs now is an arm round the shoulder and a start against Cardiff.

agree with this, dropping the lad is a bad idea

When Mike Williamson's the alternative it is.

If Pardew has anything about him he'll start with the 11 who started against Everton with Tiote dropping out for Cabaye.  Put the other players where they should have been and tell our defenders to defend rather than having 2 central defenders so exposed while the other 2 go missing from the defence.

I think I agree with this mate.

The media tide is turning. TalkSport last night were talking about how Pardew is doomed.

Aye but not why, most of them keep saying it's the lack of signing, JFK etc. While there's a little of that tbf, it's mostly because he is hopeless as a manager and the football is crap, and our defensive record is a joke, two years and nearly 400 corners since we scored from one.

The list goes on, but it'll not be his fault if and when he's sacked, if you believe the papers/Talksport/Sky.

He really cant lose when he's sacked to be fair. He has the whole JFK, lack of signings in his armour. The pundits on Soccer Saturday and all that shit will point to that too.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If they sack him it wont be long till we're on the next guys back. (I don't think Kinnear will get the job)

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Guest firetotheworks

If they sack him it wont be long till we're on the next guys back. (I don't think Kinnear will get the job)

We're stuck between a cock and a different manager.

FYP

What do you base that on? I don't recall anyone being on Keegan's back or Hughton's, because they were doing a decent job.

What do you base that on? I don't recall anyone being on Keegan's back or Hughton's, because they were doing a decent job.

I was on Hughton's back a fair bit like, never thought he was good enough for us like and we should be looking to upgrade even though he did an excellent job in championship.

I was on Hughton's back a fair bit like, never thought he was good enough for us like and we should be looking to upgrade even though he did an excellent job in championship.

So you were on Hughton's back despite the fact he got us promoted and finishing in a very respectable position in the premier first time round, yet you have a problem with people having a go at Pardew?

So you were on Hughton's back despite the fact he got us promoted and finishing in a very respectable position in the premier first time round, yet you have a problem with people having a go at Pardew?

Have i said i have a problem with it? Just because I’ll voice an opinion against someone elses doesn’t mean to say I have a problem with them. I've always said i do understand why people hate Pardew but personally i'm just backing him to turn it around because he has the players to do so rather than I actually think he is any good. Along with the fact after I thought Ashley did the right think in binning CH, he followed it up with a disastrous appointment and don’t trust him again to make a good judgement call especially now with Kinnear doing the advising.

I thought Hughton did his job, got us back in the prem but never felt he could take us any further, thought we should have upgraded but we didn't, rather just side stepped.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, what load of horse shit. :lol:

Backing Pardew because of the players that he has, but don't think he's any good. That makes absolutely no sense.

f***ing hell, what load of horse s***. :lol:

Backing Pardew because of the players that he has, but don't think he's any good. That makes absolutely no sense.

Said it loads, he's capable of getting a good running going but if things spiral out of control over next couple of games, he's not good enough to get us out of it like he showed last season. If the players get some confidence and a formation starts to work well, results will come under him regardless of his ability because we have a talented bunch. I don't want Pardew sacked simply because i'm not sure i could handle another disastrous appointment without having a meltdown.

I was just so sick of the constant changes of manager and chaos at the club that I wanted a bit of stability. I didn't anticipate that Ashley would manage to retain Pardew and the chaos would still happen (JFK). I would give him a bit longer, but if I could guarantee that Ashley would appoint someone for actual footballing reasons I couldn't really argue with a sacking.

For Hull and Everton our team should have been:

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa  Colo  Santon

Anita          Sissoko

Cabaye

HBA                        Remy

Gouffran

This is not just in hindsight most of us wanted this before the games. Why Pardew decided upon what he did really does baffle most of us. The team above i feel would have stood far more of a chance. We have now lost both our momentum and confidence that we had built up which really is a big thing in football. Well done Pardew !!  :idiot2:

We've definitely had a lot worse than Pardew: Alladyce, Gullit, Souness, Roeder etc were all terrible for us and Daglish really dragged us down too. So i wouldn't sack him unless we were 100% sure we had a very good replacement lined up which i really doubt we have

Hughton was brilliant for us considering the circumstances and i disagreed with his sacking then and now. Norwich finished above us last season with far inferior players which says it all really. I do wonder what Hughton could do with our lot now and i am sure he'd be better than Pardew.

I don't get why Cabaye keeps getting put in an attacking midfield position, like.

I think it's the genuine lack of options tbh.

...or because its his best position maybe ? He doesn't get played there enough !

He's not all that great in the tackle and forever mistiming them and giving away freekicks etc. However he really does have a great shot and eye for goal and is a very good passer of the ball ! Attacking midfielder is clearly his best position !