Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

You've had 23 hours to praise him neesy and what have we heard from you in that time?  Nowt sonna, not a peep.

I praised him after the game.  While also saying we deserved to win the game, which we did.

He deserves a lot of credit for the last 2 results.  Anyone not giving him any, then nothing will please them.

Aye but he's proved quite a lot during his time here that's he's good at that stuff.... as in keep it tight with two banks of four an knick a goal.

We have won a lot playing like that during his time, the issue comes when you are asking him to think of a gameplan to break down stubborn defences who will sit deep an deny us space which he usually struggles to do.

Well that and he seems incapable of getting more than 45 mins from the team from an attacking point of view.

He deserves a lot of credit for the last 2 results.  Anyone not giving him any, then nothing will please them.

I was delighted till he shat himself in the second half. I reckon he'll always be absolutely horrendous, but I'm happy we're picking up results. It's so obvious we rely on individuals though, he's just starting to do simple things and it's enough.

Bickering aside, two terrific "results" against good sides.

I fucking hated Pardew right at the start and then it morphed into indifference, turned to begrudging acknowledgement (finishing fifth) and has regressed to meh.

I don't hate him now actually, I'm just not convinced he's the best man for the job.

When I look at our best starting eleven, he should be getting better performances from those players, plain and simple.

Still, two great results (with a rub of the green) and I really hope he keeps it going (for our sake rather than his)

Alan Pardew has given us belief, says Cheick Tiote

12 Nov 2013 09:22

Alan Pardew has given Newcastle United the belief to win the big games. Now they must maintain their standards against some of the Premier League's lesser lights, says Cheick Tiote

Alan Pardew has given Newcastle United the belief to win the big games. Now they must maintain their standards against some of the Premier League’s lesser lights, says Cheick Tiote.

The Magpies have beaten Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea in their last two matches, results Tiote puts down to the “trust” manager Pardew has shown in his players.

Now the onus is to maintain that form when the players return from the international break for the visit of Norwich, followed by a home game against West Bromwich Albion.

“We’ve got a very good manager,” explained stand-in captain Tiote. “He is open with the players and he talks all the time with us.

“He has put his trust in us and when we play tough games like Tottenham and Chelsea it gives us the belief we can go out and win. You need to believe in yourselves because if you don’t have confidence it is difficult to win.

“The manager gives us that and he tells us what we have to do on the pitch as a team because not only one player can win, we have to do it

together and that is the key.” After two such impressive wins, Newcastle could have been forgiven for wanting another game this week, but the international schedule has dictated otherwise. Tiote thinks it’s a good thing.

“I think it’s important to have a little break because we don’t want to think now everything is easy,” said the midfielder, suspended from Ivory Coast’s World Cup play-off with Papiss Cisse’s Senegal. “It’s important to have a one-week break and then when we come back we can focus again. We need to keep the momentum we have built in the last couple of weeks.

“We just need to carry on doing the same things. Not many teams can come to White Hart Lane and win.

“It shows the result against Chelsea wasn’t a one-off and if we continue to do the same thing every week we will have a chance to win.

“I cannot say we are going to finish fourth and fifth. It’s too early. We just have to try to do everything we did in the last two games and we will have a chance of winning more games.”

Newcastle owed Sunday’s win to a terrific performance from keeper Tim Krul, who made 14 saves in the 1-0 victory. “I think that’s the best I’ve seen Tim play since I came,” said Tiote.

“He was fantastic and the best player on the pitch by far. I hope he can continue to play like that because we will win many more matches. We also defended well as a team.

“When you play against a top team you need to be compact and that’s what we did.

“I think at the moment we look very strong on the pitch and we look compact. It is not easy to come and win at Spurs. It was difficult but if we stay as a team and have that togetherness we can win.

“I told him he was fantastic. There’s nothing you can say apart from thank you because he was the best player on the pitch and I think he will continue to play like that. For me he is one of the best in the Premier League. He is a top, top goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him in our team.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-given-belief-says-6295165

He is clearly arse licking since he has been made captain. . . . . . .  :shifty:

I think him and Pardew have always had a good relationship, I remember that youtube video where the camera crew follow Tiote around & when Pards shows up he kissed Tiote on the head. Sure there was mention of something along the lines of Tiote seeing him like a father figure.

I don't doubt for a second that the players get on with Pardew and have faith in him. It still doesn't make him a good manager.

No but you have nothing if the players are not with you, I think its a good thing that Tiote feels that way. The fans may have lost faith in him if we ever really had it fully in the first place but as long as the squad are with him we will be ok.

I don't doubt for a second that the players get on with Pardew and have faith in him. It still doesn't make him a good manager.

No but you have nothing if the players are not with you, I think its a good thing that Tiote feels that way. The fans may have lost faith in him if we ever really had it fully in the first place but as long as the squad are with him we will be ok.

Getting along with your players and staff indeed doesn't make you a good manager but it is arguably the most important aspect of management.

Not sure "the fans" have lost faith in Pardew, some have and as you say some never had any in the first place, but opinions vary a lot. Take for example on here, you have Brett and you have Mick and then you have several intermediate levels between them.

I would also say that the crowd at SJP remain largely sympathetic towards Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

Never thought the players lost faith in him TBH, his relationship with them seems to be one of his biggest (only!) strengths.

Aye, that's what used to wind me up so much about the 'he's lost the dressing room/they aren't playing for him' comments.

I noticed he mentioned how well we played against the Mackems once again in his Spurs post match ramblings. I can only presume he thinks that if he keeps on saying it, in time it will become accepted that we did play well against them and were just unlucky.

Guest icemanblue

Every time we lose, no matter how convincingly, we were unlucky. Every time we scrape a win where the opposition miss sitters and could/should have buried us, it's a win we deserved and fought hard for.

To be fair, that more often than not works in reverse for most.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew can't be criticised for his relationship with the players or theirs to him. It's possibly the best part of his management here. The poor performances of last season were down to tactics not Pardew losing the dreassing room.

saturday was just a microcosm of pardew

1st half he gets it largely right, there was a balance between attack and defence and we caused them lots of problems

2nd half he gets the balance completely fucking wrong and we were dominated more or less the entire half - had spurs scored at least one, which they easily could have, he'd have been crucified again for doing the same shit he always does when we're winning

the thing was our general defending wasn't such hot shit, they created a lot, but krul had an incredible day between the posts

so in summary, he's still pretty shit

Guest bimpy474

1st half he gets it largely right, there was a balance between attack and defence and we caused them lots of problems

2nd half he gets the balance completely fucking wrong and we were dominated more or less the entire half - had spurs scored at least one, which they easily could have, he'd have been crucified again for doing the same shit he always does when we're winning

the thing was our general defending wasn't such hot shit, they created a lot, but krul had an incredible day between the posts

Yep, we got too deep, down to Spurs pushing us back and ourselves getting too deep. As good as Remy is holding the ball up isn't his game.

And it's not a strong point of Cisse's either. We were dying for a player to hold it.

It's essential we sign that type of player as it would suit us perfectly.

I see the point you're making, but at the same time I think it's possible to be dominated in spells by a superior team without it automtically being the manager's fault. And I reckon you're selling our defenders short as well, I thought they were excellent as a unit even when under almost constant pressure.

Yep, we got too deep, down to Spurs pushing us back and ourselves getting too deep. As good as Remy is holding the ball up isn't his game.

And it's not a strong point of Cisse's either. We were dying for a player to hold it.

It's essential we sign that type of player as it would suit us perfectly.

players were knackered and all like, it was a combination of everything, you could almost see cabaye, gouffran, remy & shola visibly wilt and stop :lol:

I see the point you're making, but at the same time I think it's possible to be dominated in spells by a superior team without it automtically being the manager's fault. And I reckon you're selling our defenders short as well, I thought they were excellent as a unit even when under almost constant pressure.

Was just typing out this very response. The better team were desperate for a goal at home and it understandably became backs to the wall stuff. Were Pardew a popular manager, there wouldn't be such a focus on a defensive 2nd half in a victory at WHL.