Alan Pardew

Mike

Each to their own I suppose - but I didn't enjoy it much.  Yeah, it was nice winning, but I'd rather be bottom half of the Premiership than top of the Championship.  Beating teams like Doncaster and Preston loses any appeal after the second week.

Being 1 place above relegation with 3 games to go doesn't have any appeal in the slightest.

This season isn't fun, but at least we are in the top division.  I don't get the appeal of the Championship - always thought it was one of the biggest myths of our last relegation.

This season isn't fun, but at least we are in the top division.  I don't get the appeal of the Championship - always thought it was one of the biggest myths of our last relegation.

I would prefer to be doing well in the Premiership than doing well in the Championship, that goes without saying but that's not the comparison here.

I personally enjoyed most things about our last season in the Championship as I go to watch Newcastle and not the opposition.  I’d prefer to play and beat the better teams, after that I’d rather beat shit than lose to the better teams.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/fortiter.html

Its all about mindset. On paper we have a team very capable of 3 wins. But they’re not performing because their heads have dropped.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

We've performed badly as a team for 2 bloody years, since the day Pardew was appointed. Scraping wins through individual brilliance or getting lucky were our only routes to perceived success. But then our luck ran out, Demba Ba ran out, Ben Arfa limped out and Cisse was shunted out (to the right wing).

Now the orchestrator of all this needs to be run out.

Blaming our perfomances on the team's heads dropping is utter bullshit. It's down to mis-management and our abhorent tactics. Suggesting otherwise is at best being blind to the problems and at worst is an outrageous lie.

However I agree we need to get behind the team for the games. That's obvious. But lets not pretend that we can't do that AND try to run Pardew out for spoiling what is an otherwise potentially very good side. Playing under Pardew must be like trying to ignore a turd in a swimming pool whilst everyone tells you to just get on and enjoy your swim. In theory you should be able to get on and do what you're there to do, but you surely can't give it your best and even the most professional amongst us would eventually start to suggest that if the poo isn't removed, they're getting out and finding a different pool.

release statement? 

Guess it was true then.

Looking like it :sad:

Would have much preferred if they said f*** all tbh.

just just have to think about how they would have reacted had it been bullshit- They would have all had a laugh about it together in the training ground and moved on, but no..........

Don't see any reason to believe they'd definitely react the way you think.

NUFC truly is a unique clube for the general mentalness of it all. The amount of times I've used the phrase "only at newcastle" is ridiculous.

Really think this is true, as would many fans of other clubs. We're mental. When we're good we always seem a spark away from collapsing, and when we're shit we never seem far away from shooting up. I mean I've seen us go 2nd to 13th, back up to 4th/3rd suddenly, shoot down to 14th, get relegated, then come 5th in our second season back up. Then now. Sign players we should never be able to sign, but then they're a disgrace and we hate them. What the fuck man.

NUFC truly is a unique clube for the general mentalness of it all. The amount of times I've used the phrase "only at newcastle" is ridiculous. Still at least its f***ing interesting and not some middel of the road Fulham type club. Obviously at the moment things are dire. Imo that article has helped us in a twisted way. If Pardew has anything about him, and the players respect him in the slightest he needs to use this to foster a siege mentality. It's f***ing management 101. he needs to be bullish.

IF we can muddle through to safety off the back of this, we can rid ourselves of his woeful f***ing incompetence and disastrous mess and the leave ourselves in a good position to go forward. The next appointment is critical. We need something that will make a statement to keep these players

Loved this.

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

This - exactly...my view is that Llambias may have told Pardew to get the players to rubbish the story in the DT so it takes the pressure off those two.

None of this makes any difference to what has happened in the past season and smacks of ar-- covering to me. We can all be sure that most of these players would be on their bikes if we go down, and my bet is that a fair few will be off anyway.

There is nothing Llambias and Pardew won't do in order to deflect any blame away from them and try to stop fans thinking about scrapping their STs......

The Independent's article, comparing our record during the years before Ashley and the years since shows just how lousy we have been during his tenure although in fairness, we could not have continued the lax and suspect financial dealings of the Shepherd regime.

We regret the club's decision to ban the Telegraph from attending matches and press conferences, but will not allow it to prevent us providing the most incisive, trustworthy Newcastle coverage, rather than pandering to what the club want you to read."

That's a belter that from the Telegraph. Albeit ironic seeing as they are just corporate puppets for the powers that be anyway.

I think we will see a fiery one on Saturday that for sure.. whether we can get any points is another matter. If we don't get any breaks I think things will boil over again ala debuchy.

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

This - exactly...my view is that Llambias may have told Pardew to get the players to rubbish the story in the DT so it takes the pressure off those two.

None of this makes any difference to what has happened in the past season and smacks of ar-- covering to me. We can all be sure that most of these players would be on their bikes if we go down, and my bet is that a fair few will be off anyway.

There is nothing Llambias and Pardew won't do in order to deflect any blame away from them and try to stop fans thinking about scrapping their STs......

The Independent's article, comparing our record during the years before Ashley and the years since shows just how lousy we have been during his tenure although in fairness, we could not have continued the lax and suspect financial dealings of the Shepherd regime.

On the pitch we have been woeful under Ashley, off it (coaches aside) the club is in fantastic shape, so fair play to that probably little surprise as a businessman he got that in order first.. shame its come at the expense of actual football being played properly. Hopefully he pulls his finger out and finds us a set of coaches that match the scouting and financial set up he has going. We won't be holding our breath though.

Don't be daft man , you think they are doing this to deflect blame and pressure from themselves,  I really don't they give a s*** how people see them right now.  Derek certainly doesn't.  I think they got more important things to worry about.

Mike and Derek's first concern is their pockets,  and that is avoiding relegation at all cost right now.  This pr exercise is solely done because they think it actually helps the team.  To be fair I don't see it doing any harm.

Don't be daft man , you think they are doing this to deflect blame from themselves,  I really don't they give a s*** how people see them right now.  Derek certainly doesn't.

Mike and Derek's first concern is their pockets,  and that is avoiding relegation at all cost right now.  This pr exercise is solely done because they think it actually helps the team.  To be fair I don't see it doing any harm.

Of course they care what people think, why would they have a go at the press if they didn't?  They care but they also care about other things more.

Don't be daft man , you think they are doing this to deflect blame from themselves,  I really don't they give a s*** how people see them right now.  Derek certainly doesn't.

Of course they care what people think, why would they have a go at the press if they didn't?  They care but they also care about other things more.

Maybe so, but they are just doing everything can to help starve off relegation right now, if that includes having a go at the press then they will do it, is that a bad thing?

It's too late to sack the manager now.

Hopefully it gives the team this them v us siege mentality and its enough to get us over the line. Why has the captain nor stand in captain commented on any of this.

What they say now means little or nothing. And if they could potentially make the situation worse, I rather no soundbites get through to the press. The players only need to prove themselves by getting the points needed for safety. Once that is done, the club can then get down to the issues of managerial change, player performances and professionalism, and lack of leadership when the chips are down. Anyone at the club trying to sabotage our survival during this crucial run-in with sub-par efforts should be held highly accountable at the end of it all.

Guest neesy111

They all need to shut up now and do their talking on the pitch.  Talk is cheap.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/fortiter.html

Its all about mindset. On paper we have a team very capable of 3 wins. But they’re not performing because their heads have dropped.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

We've performed badly as a team for 2 bloody years, since the day Pardew was appointed. Scraping wins through individual brilliance or getting lucky were our only routes to perceived success. But then our luck ran out, Demba Ba ran out, Ben Arfa limped out and Cisse was shunted out (to the right wing).

Now the orchestrator of all this needs to be run out.

Blaming our perfomances on the team's heads dropping is utter bullshit. It's down to mis-management and our abhorent tactics. Suggesting otherwise is at best being blind to the problems and at worst is an outrageous lie.

However I agree we need to get behind the team for the games. That's obvious. But lets not pretend that we can't do that AND try to run Pardew out for spoiling what is an otherwise potentially very good side. Playing under Pardew must be like trying to ignore a turd in a swimming pool whilst everyone tells you to just get on and enjoy your swim. In theory you should be able to get on and do what you're there to do, but you surely can't give it your best and even the most professional amongst us would eventually start to suggest that if the poo isn't removed, they're getting out and finding a different pool.

:lol: spot on with the analogy. excellent post

Love Chairman? No

Love Manager? No

Love Players? Some

Love Club? YES !

Want them to get relegated? NO!

Does Support affect performance of players? YES!

what to do....

what to do....

Talk is cheap, I don't expect him to say otherwise with three games of a relegation season left but I'm still disappointed to hear Cisse get behind Pardew, just like HBA did last season, especially as Pardew's ineffective coaching contributed so heavily to Cisse snatching at chances.

Smart of the club to get the fans' favourites to spin their guff.

Talk is cheap, I don't expect him to say otherwise with three games of a relegation season left but I'm still disappointed to hear Cisse get behind Pardew, just like HBA did last season, especially as Pardew's ineffective coaching contributed so heavily to Cisse snatching at chances.

I take it as a PR show to get Cisse and Tiote to issue that statement and personally don't trust it's the whole truth behind the scene. If it can however shut the press up and lessen external pressure on the club and players I don't see much wrong in it. Pardew isn't going anywhere for the next 3 games at least, might as well make it as conducive as we can for them to ensure survival.

Always fancied a 'FORTITER DEFENDIT TRIUMPHANS' tattoo but never seen any decent examples.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01488/b2_1488425a.jpg

Could you not just use the text on the coat of arms? Or just get the sort of scroll bit tattooed on?

I'm no fan of Pardew but that's ridiculous IMO. As long as he's here, the players need to be behind him. Anything else would be chaos, and the only ones to genuinely suffer are us lot. It's up to the board to replace him, not the players.

Guest icemanblue

I'm no fan of Pardew but that's ridiculous IMO. As long as he's here, the players need to be behind him. Anything else would be chaos, and the only ones to genuinely suffer are us lot. It's up to the board to replace him, not the players.

:thup:

Fully agree with that. If it comes down to Pardew losing the players and the board deciding to replace the manager, I hope there will also be a stern warning to the players regarding their lack of professionalism. The last thing we need is player power taking over, leading to long-lasting implications. Players choosing to turn up on matchday dependent on whether they like the manager, tactics etc will do us no good, especially when one nationality dominates in the dressing room. We should take the last 3 games as an indication who are the players putting the club above themselves and who's not. I rather ship out a player with self-interest regardless of how good he is.