West Ham United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/05/13 - post-match reaction from p52

Dave

There's a hundred things that need to be addressed. If you believe someone on here all you need to absolutely dick teams is have 11 technically sound players and a manager who tells them to keep the ball down.

Well that tends to be how the successful teams play ( outside the Championshit) so it's not that surprising.

All of the successful teams have physical qualities that compound the the technical ones.

I noticed yesterday more than any other games this season where we were countering on the break, once was Tiote, once Goufy and once MBiwa where we got past the halfway line, the player looked up and there was no one ahead of them and it went back. This is where any other team would have gone on and threaterned goal or scored but no nearly every West Ham player got back before any of ours got ahead of play. I`m sure we have faster players but it didn`t seem it yesterday.

Again not countering but if Ben Arfa, Cisse or Goufy did it all themselves, they would look up and see no one in black and white ahead of play.

Thoughts on some players yesterday that have probably already been said:

Elliot, top notch, definitely good enough to be our number 2 (or probably no1) if we get relegated.

Coloccini, such a breath of fresh air to have back in the side, he was solid defensively but just how assured he is at the back has been sorely missed, love how he likes to actually play the ball forward and on the floor, no hoofing from Colo.

Mbiwa's two best games for us were yesterday and in Europe when he played full back, such a shame he doesn't like playing there, looks a threat going forward and is quick enough and strong enough to track wingers.

Simpson had yet another solid game, I hate the bloke and I generally hate the player but he hasn't had a bad game when called upon this season, do we keep him? even if we stay up?

Thought Ben Arfa was bright but tried to always do everything himself, hopefully he will come into his own in the final two games.

Cabaye is getting on my tits now, people bang on about his great passing range (see Cisse's goal) but for every great pass theres about 5 sloppy mis directed ones, not sure hes quite the player hes hyped up to be.

A final point is that I thought without Sissoko in the team we were much better overall, when he plays hes just a headless chicken who runs around losing the ball continuously, think we got a decent passing game going and looked dangerous on the break at times without him being there, I'd rather he stayed out of the team if Pardew insists on using him high up the pitch.

Elliot, top notch, definitely good enough to be our number 2 (or probably no1) if we get relegated.

Coloccini, such a breath of fresh air to have back in the side, he was solid defensively but just how assured he is at the back has been sorely missed, love how he likes to actually play the ball forward and on the floor, no hoofing from Colo.

Mbiwa's two best games for us were yesterday and in Europe when he played full back, such a shame he doesn't like playing there, looks a threat going forward and is quick enough and strong enough to track wingers.

Simpson had yet another solid game, I hate the bloke and I generally hate the player but he hasn't had a bad game when called upon this season, do we keep him? even if we stay up?

Thought Ben Arfa was bright but tried to always do everything himself, hopefully he will come into his own in the final two games.

Cabaye is getting on my tits now, people bang on about his great passing range (see Cisse's goal) but for every great pass theres about 5 sloppy mis directed ones, not sure hes quite the player hes hyped up to be.

A final point is that I thought without Sissoko in the team we were much better overall, when he plays hes just a headless chicken who runs around losing the ball continuously, think we got a decent passing game going and looked dangerous on the break at times without him being there, I'd rather he stayed out of the team if Pardew insists on using him high up the pitch.

Yep, I thought we were ok yesterday, maybe lacking threat but were solidish.

is A final point is that I thought without Sissoko in the team we were much better overall, when he plays hes just a headless chicken who runs around losing the ball continuously, think we got a decent passing game going and looked dangerous on the break at times without him being there.

We played well and looked dangerous in the previous away game with him in the side.

is A final point is that I thought without Sissoko in the team we were much better overall, when he plays hes just a headless chicken who runs around losing the ball continuously, think we got a decent passing game going and looked dangerous on the break at times without him being there.

We played well and looked dangerous in the previous away game with him in the side.

I'd say more in spite of him than because of him.

Spot on about Sissoko, he doesn't encourage keeping the ball when a number 10. I think he'd have been great where we saw Jonas yesterday though, we could have done with someone other than Ben Arfa who can break out, Sissoko's not shown that enough while here but I think if he was less isolated in terms of position it would be a different story.