QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure if I'm going to be able to stomach watching this.

Why? We're going to turn up there and win, despite us being pathologically opposed to winning games - particularly away from home.

It's a must win game, the likes of which we've been brilliant in over the years. What could possibly go wrong?

Same team as today but put Sissoko in for Jonas. Think we'll win by two.

We all know it won't be that easy, even if we start well like we did today and actually get a lead this time as soon as 2nd half starts it will be a back to walls job.

We'll see. I think next week will be a lot different to today, we should have more options off the bench, which would be a huge help in terms of not getting pegged back.

Why? We're going to turn up there and win, despite us being pathologically opposed to winning games - particularly away from home.

It's a must win game, the likes of which we've been brilliant in over the years. What could possibly go wrong?

I've thought like that every game this season, man. I actually refuse to be that positive now, despite being naturally positive about our side before pretty much every game we've ever played. Seems the most sensible option to me.

We'll go there and win by 2 clear goals. They're absolutely fucking dreadful, it would take something really special from Pardew to fuck this one up.

We'll go there and win by 2 clear goals. They're absolutely f***ing dreadful, it would take something really special from Pardew to f*** this one up.

The most in form team in the league won by one clear goal.

We'll go there and win by 2 clear goals. They're absolutely fucking dreadful, it would take something really special from Pardew to fuck this one up.

Look at our squad, Pardew is taking it down to the Championship man, specialties like this are what he does. :lol:

We'll go there and win by 2 clear goals. They're absolutely f***ing dreadful, it would take something really special from Pardew to f*** this one up.

The most in form team in the league won by one clear goal.

Could easily have won by more if they'd put even a small amount of effort in though.

:)

I'd go with same team as today apart from Sissoko replacing Jonas,  would resist the temptation of putting Debuchy in bearing in mind we have kept a clean sheet today and Simpson done well.

Sadly its also got to the stage where not only do we need to win but win well,  could really do with a 2 or 3 goal win(unlikely) after our GD went tits up in the last month,  the liverpool game was like getting minus points!!

How about going there too scared to really go for it? Because I can guarantee that's what Pardew will fucking do.

How about going there too scared to really go for it? Because I can guarantee that's what Pardew will f***ing do.

Nothing to do with fear. I think he fervently believes with every fibre of his being that grinding out results and nicking a goal is the way to approaching winning every football match. Pardew has gone on some mental crusade based on the fact we got exceedingly lucky last season playing that way by default.

How about going there too scared to really go for it? Because I can guarantee that's what Pardew will f***ing do.

Nothing to do with fear. I think he fervently believes with every fibre of his being that grinding out results and nicking a goal is the way to approaching winning every football match. Pardew has gone on some mental crusade based on the fact we got exceedingly lucky last season playing that way by default.

That has everything to do with fear. He picks tacklers and defensive midfielders because he's afraid of what other sides will do to us if we pick too many attacking players. Do you think Martinez would have won two on the bounce if he was crippled by the same fear?

I'd go with same team as today apart from Sissoko replacing Jonas,  would resist the temptation of putting Debuchy in bearing in mind we have kept a clean sheet today and Simpson done well.

Sadly its also got to the stage where not only do we need to win but win well,  could really do with a 2 or 3 goal win(unlikely) after our GD went tits up in the last month,  the liverpool game was like getting minus points!!

The reason we need goals is why I would select Debuchy . Yes Simpson did ok today, but Debuchy is an infinite better attacking option.

Pardew singled out Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for special praise, after the French international centre-back stood out in an unfamiliar role on the left-hand side.

"Mapou was different class at left-back and that is really important with the games we've got left," he said.

"It looks like Massadio is going to miss out and Davide Santon won't make it, so it was important that there was a good performance in that position, and Mapou did the job."

Elliot

Debuchy  S.Taylor  Colo  Yanga-Mbiwa

Tiote

Sissoko      Anita

Ben Arfa                            Gouffran

Cisse 

Incredible that his may still be played on the Monday night

What's that dependent on?

Sky's decision. Think it will be now as we're really in relegation trouble and could be in the bottom 3 by the time Monday comes around. If we'd have won today it wouldn't have.