Has the passion gone?

JH

:clap:

Thats the main thing for me, In all reality, many of us will never see us winning anything. So many clubs in our postion too. OK a cup maybe, here and there but realistically thats what we can hope for, at best.

When you see the dominance of the richer and "bigger" teams it just gets you disillusioned. Barring an "abrahomvic" or "citeh" style takeover so many clubs with very proud histories and support have been consigned to the history books in terms of realistically winning league titles. Sad.

One of the reasons I despise the CL format, the downgrading of the UEFA cup etc...perpetual dominance by the few. Football has lost so much for me.. Not NUFC, football generally.

One thing I liked about being in the Championship was I felt more connected with the club.  You felt the players that were there cared and wanted to give their all.  Same can't be said of the Premiership - it's too much of a business - too much money in the game.  People come not because they love the club but because it's the best offer at the time.  And to be honest I don't care so long as they give 110% in each and every game.  But sadly that doesn't happen - more often that not it is these players who go missing once the going gets tough.  What is upsetting at the minute despite Pardews shocking tactics is that there seems to be no unity within the squad - no real fight to get us out of trouble.  You cannot say our squad lacks the quality as it is full of Internationals but what the last three matches have shown is that they could take it or leave it if we stayed up.  Against West Ham I didn't see one player busting a gut.

One thing I liked about being in the Championship was I felt more connected with the club.  You felt the players that were there cared and wanted to give their all.  Same can't be said of the Premiership - it's too much of a business - too much money in the game.  People come not because they love the club but because it's the best offer at the time.  And to be honest I don't care so long as they give 110% in each and every game.  But sadly that doesn't happen - more often that not it is these players who go missing once the going gets tough.  What is upsetting at the minute despite Pardews shocking tactics is that there seems to be no unity within the squad - no real fight to get us out of trouble.  You cannot say our squad lacks the quality as it is full of Internationals but what the last three matches have shown is that they could take it or leave it if we stayed up.  Against West Ham I didn't see one player busting a gut.

Most of the players know if that if we go down they'll not need to worry themselves about the Championship as they'll be easily able to get a move back to the PL or another top Euro league.

Most of the players know if that if we go down they'll not need to worry themselves about the Championship as they'll be easily able to get a move back to the PL or another top Euro league.

After having seen Gary Nevilles analysis of Newcastle I kind of agree with him - it's all when and good when you're playing well but when the going got tough they've gone missing.

Interesting that I imagine some of fondest and proudest memories of recent years must have come from the Championship season...

I've mentioned our recent woes to my lass (who has no interest in NUFC whatsoever) and she says she's never seen me happier football-wise than the Championship season, as we were winning games, it was cheaper to go to the match, etc.  In stark contrast to the normal grumpy weekends she has to put up with. :lol:

I asked her flat-out if that meant she wanted us to get relegated and she was very non-committal. :lol:

Interesting that I imagine some of fondest and proudest memories of recent years must have come from the Championship season...

I've mentioned our recent woes to my lass (who has no interest in NUFC whatsoever) and she says she's never seen me happier football-wise than the Championship season, as we were winning games, it was cheaper to go to the match, etc.  In stark contrast to the normal grumpy weekends she has to put up with. :lol:

I asked her flat-out if that meant she wanted us to get relegated and she was very non-committal. :lol:

yeah it feels shit- but thats the season i went to most game in last 10 years, due to cash turnstiles, evening games- probs be the same, Im saying my passion has gone- yet if we go down, again I will be going to more games.

The FA cup meaning nothing these days adds to all of this imo.

It should be at the end of the season. Can't believe they've done it again to accommodate the Champions league.

It should be at the end of the season. Can't believe they've done it again to accommodate the Champions league.

Giving the winner of the FA cup a CL spot would change it's status quickly .

Imagine Wigan or Bradford in the UCL though, would be a spot wasted.

:yao:

Guest neesy111

That's the reason no country has done it yet and shouldn't do.

Beat thing is to use money the FAmakes from PL and increase prize pot for the competition.

I know, it's a bloody disgrace. Takes away from the magic so much. Especially when Wigan have 2 games left and one eye on Prem survival.

No chance they would win it if it actually had any signifcance.

Or a spot earned.

basically today I just want Callum McManaman to have an absolute shitter, Dave Whelan to be utterly distraught, Wigan to graft their arses off only to get dicked four-nowt and Billy Joel and Gary Caldwell to be involved in the most hilarious OG ever.

None of these will happen and it'll be utterly dull though.

Almost everything you said here was complete opposite. Don't want to see your prediction for our game now :)

basically today I just want Callum McManaman to have an absolute shitter, Dave Whelan to be utterly distraught, Wigan to graft their arses off only to get dicked four-nowt and Billy Joel and Gary Caldwell to be involved in the most hilarious OG ever.

None of these will happen and it'll be utterly dull though.

Almost everything you said here was complete opposite. Don't want to see your prediction for our game now :)

I think we'll scrape a draw at the very best!